World Ingress

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
      I was thinking would the World Winter Ingress be when sun hits 0 Cap 0
      at Greenwhich? Not certain how much of the owrld uses that clock
      system? MissB
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking would the World Winter Ingress be
        > when sun hits 0 Cap 0
        > at Greenwhich? Not certain how much of the owrld
        > uses that clock
        > system? MissB

        I would think you could use anyplace along the prime
        meridian. I like the intersection of the prime
        meridian and equator (0W00/0N00) myself.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
          http://www.relativedata.com/

          http://www.projectrho.com/starmap.html

        • Gerald Koenig
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
            On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 03:37:40AM -0000, Gerald Koenig wrote:
            > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > I was thinking would the World Winter Ingress be when sun hits 0 Cap 0
            > at Greenwhich? Not certain how much of the owrld uses that clock
            > system? MissB

            I think Greenwich would be a good place for members of a
            family that once lived there for generations and then
            emigrated all over the world. That ingress set for their roots
            would be good for each member, as well as the local ingress,
            imho.

            On that theory I use Baringo in the Rift Valley, Kenya for
            a World ingress. Most of human evolution took place there,
            every human has roots there. Some very old hominid fossils
            were found there.

            Baringo: 35E58 0N28

            It has worked really well, it picks up all the mideast and
            Russian events which often drive geopolitics.

            Please note that the ingress happens at the same instant for
            everyone on earth. I watched it very close to sunset here
            on the Pacific coast, for my daughter on the Atlantic it was 3 hours
            later on her clock and after her sunset. But it only occurred
            once for everyone at 00:51:28 UT. My apologies if you know
            this already, it took me a while to get it.

            best,

            Gerald Koenig
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2006
              Somebody on another list pointed out that Pluto was in
              tight alignment (< 1 00') with the Galactic Center
              when Saddam Hussein was executed.

            • Shawhouse
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
                Just got back from vacation so I haven't read much online, however I was
                aware of this also and was trying to get a handle on it. It seemed like
                a case of Evil Begat Evil...Begat More Evil... I'd like to read other
                takes. Since people have been dropping dead left and right in Iraq for
                some time, it has to be more than a coincidence that Pluto was
                conjuncting the GC at Saddam's execution.
                Diana

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
                  Sorry, the signature on this one should be Diana S.
                  Diana S.