Re: Fixed star alignments (December 10, 2006)

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 25, 2006

      > > As of noon CST.
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >

      > > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini)
      >
      > ?
      >

      > > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
      >

      > ?
      >

      > > --->*Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
      >

      > On Ophiuchus' left hand (more like his left wrist?)
      >

      > > --->*Acrab (Beta Scorpii)
      >

      > "extreme malevolence, mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness,
      > malice, theft, crime, pestilence and contagious disease." (Robson)
      >

      > > --->Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)
      >

      > Sanskrit = scorpion
      >

      > > --->*Fang (Rho Scorpii)
      >
      > Chinese = room (I think Rho Scorpii, which is on the Scorpion's left
      > claw along with Vrischika [?] is part of this Chinese lunar mansion)
      >

      > > --->*Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)
      >

      > Arabic = the scorpion's forehead

      The ginned-up "war on Christmas"? Threatened fractures within the
      Episcopal Church? Political violence in the Palestinian territories?

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      > >
      > > Ukdah (Tau-1 Hydrae)
      > >
      > > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
      > >
      > > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
      > >
      > > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; marking the obsolete
      > > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
      > >

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      > >
      > > WX Hydri
      > >
      > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables aka novae)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > more secretiveness?
      >

      > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      > >
      > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      > >
      > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      > >
      > > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae)
      > >
      > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii; at the center of the
      > > Pistol Nebula; one of the brightest stars known)
      >

      > Having to do with guns or with gun violence?
      >

      > > *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      >

      > Silk, textile production, something developing?
      >

      > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > *Galactic Center (Sag A* Sagittarii)
      >

      > creativity, inspiration
      >

      > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > --->*Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
      >
      > "trouble and disgrace" (Robson)
      >

      > > -->*Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
      >
      > in the Water Carrier's shoulder

      his right shoulder (to do good by flooding others?)

      > > -->*Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
      >

      > "beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and
      > death." (Robson)

      the recent food-poisoning scare at Taco Bell?

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > *Sung (Delta Aquilae)
      >

      > Chinese = the Sung or Song Dynasty
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Dynasty
      >

      > > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)
      > >

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae, a moderately bright
      > > nova discovered in 1999 by Portuguese amateur
      > > astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
      > >
      > > (I have "bad experiences, embittering, repudiation,
      > > grievances" for this one)
      > >
      > > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)
      >
      > "said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness, and loss through friends
      > and companions." (Robson)
      >

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Princeps (Delta Bootis)
      >

      > "gives a keen, studious and profound mind with the ability for
      > research" (Robson)
      >

      > > *Al Hakim (Iota Centauri)
      >

      > Arabic = the wise
      >

      > > *Jellyfish Nebula (KFR 1 Crucis)
      > >

      > being spineless, unassertive or irresolute

      somebody has a bad attitude toward the Iraq Study Group

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)
      > >
      > > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni, named
      > > for its discoverer, Dana Patchick)
      > >
      > > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
      > >
      > > LU Vulpeculae
      > >
      > > LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      > >
      > > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      > >

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > hissing?
      >

      > > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)
      >
      > Simmah = a Mesopotamian fish goddess
      >

      > > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
      > > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
      > >

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > -->AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > -->*The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
      > > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
      >

      > in a box
      >

      > > -->*Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
      > >
      > > -->Denebola (Beta Leonis)
      > >

      > "gives swift judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune
      > from nature's elements, happiness turned to anger, and makes the
      > native noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
      > people's affairs." (Robson)
      >

      > "this star indicates in some degree being 'out of step' or being out
      > of the mainstream of thought, not conforming, by living on the
      > fringe." (Bernadette Brady, *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* [p. 266])
      >

      > two cat's tails (a cat and a lion)

      Preoccupation with celebrity gaffes? Harassment of religious
      minorities/secularists in the US, Europe and elsewhere?