Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star alignments (December 10, 2006)

  • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006

      > --- astrocalypse@... wrote:
      >

      >> > Neptune
      >> > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >>
      >> > Chiron
      >> > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      >>
      >> > North Node
      >> > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
      >> > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
      >>
      >> > South Node
      >> > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
      >> > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
      >> >
      >> > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      >> > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
      >>
      >> Augustus Pinochet
      >> 25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
      >> Santiago, Chile
      >>
      >> d. 10 Dec 2006
      >

      > Could you elaborate?
      >

      > Mark A. Holmes

      Not really but I will try ;-)

      There are others but these particular placements capture my imagination:-

      tNeptune is on his pUranus - ghost ring seems like a reminder of all those
      missing/dead.

      tChiron on pNode; pChiron on tNode - cloverleaf is a lucky symbol, many
      think he escaped justice by having a natural death - sundial on the box
      (coffin), there gotta be a shadow somewhere; and have you tried to get
      hold of a cat's tail? I wonder if anyone ever succeeded?
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006
        --- astrocalypse@... wrote:

        > cluster

        > tail)
        > >>
        > >> Augustus Pinochet
        > >> 25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
        > >> Santiago, Chile
        > >>
        > >> d. 10 Dec 2006
        > >

        > > Could you elaborate?
        > >

        > > Mark A. Holmes
        > >

        > Not really but I will try ;-)
        >
        > There are others but these particular placements
        > capture my imagination:-
        >
        > tNeptune is on his pUranus - ghost ring seems like a
        > reminder of all those
        > missing/dead.

        The ghosts of his victims, gathered around his bed,
        staring at him accusingly...

        > tChiron on pNode; pChiron on tNode - cloverleaf is a
        > lucky symbol, many
        > think he escaped justice by having a natural death -
        > sundial on the box
        > (coffin), there gotta be a shadow somewhere;

        Time to go?

        and
        > have you tried to get
        > hold of a cat's tail? I wonder if anyone ever
        > succeeded?

        Grab it and the cat will claw and bite. The people
        wanting Pinochet to answer for his crimes couldn't
        have gone all-out with it without there being a
        backlash, as he was very old and in failing health. I
        haven't really noticed if Cat's Tail is aligned with a
        major planet or asteroid in recent cases where
        fugitive Nazis (who these days seem to be strictly
        little fish, former concentration-camp guards or
        lower-echelon secret police) have escaped having the
        book thrown at them like Adolf Eichmann or Klaus
        Barbie due to advanced age and failing health.

        Warren Jeffs is facing justice, but dismantling his
        little cult won't be that simple; there was an article
        recently on how the mainly Mormon authorities in Utah
        have taken an approach where they go after egregious
        offenders like Jeffs or prosecute polygamists on other
        offenses like child molestation or rape (when they
        take underage wives) rather than taking on polygamy
        head-on, which, actually, is a lot harder to do, the
        lifestyle is so secretive and entrenched out there and
        people are loath to rip apart families unless it's
        absolutely necessary.

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
          Actually in Warren Jeffs case it is really about child molesting and
          it has nothing to do with the authorities out there, it is an FBI
          case directly, no intervening authority.

          I think that telling adults what kind of relationships they can have
          will always bit you on the backside, adults will have the
          relationships they choose. However, Children really ought to be
          allowed to grow up and make teir own decision on such issues, not
          have a lifestyle thrust upon them. well opinion there. I have too
          many friends who lead odd lifestyles to make summary judgement on
          anything other than the child abuse. Which is what you have in the
          case of that group, in two manners. One, stealing of childhood from
          young women by forcing them into marriage. Not to mention there are
          a number of men who dont think that sex with a 12-16 year old girl
          is child molesting, which in itself is pretty sick. and two the
          abandonment of teenage boys from 13-17 years of age in order to
          reduce the availability of men for women to choose from for
          relationships. the states and town surrounding that cult have about
          had it with the child abandonment issue.

          I suspect that the answer to the problem lay with the abandoned
          young men and backlash is always a problem. But cultivating those
          young men is definitely one way to turn that lifestyle on its head.

          MissB

          _______________
          > Any questions? Get answers on any topic at www.Answers.yahoo.com.
          Try it now.

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
            --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

            > Actually in Warren Jeffs case it is really about
            > child molesting and
            > it has nothing to do with the authorities out there,
            > it is an FBI
            > case directly, no intervening authority.

            No, the FBI arrested him after a Nevada state trooper
            pulled the car he was in over because its license
            plate wasn't clearly legible and he made the trooper
            suspicious. The FBI is involved in the case, that's
            true, but he is indeed facing state charges. The state
            of Utah, county of Washington (where Hildale is) has
            been holding hearings on his case, and he's also
            facing charges in Arizona (Mohave County, where
            Colorado City is).

            http://www.courttv.com/news/hildale/docs/jeffs_utahbail.html

            http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6523761

            In the early 1950s the governor of Arizona had
            Colorado City (which was then known as Short Creek)
            raided and the polygamists' kids put into foster care.
            Basically, all that did was generate a backlash
            against the law, make people think the Arizona
            authorities were ripping families apart unjustly. So
            this time the authorities took great pains not to come
            across as heavy-handed.

            Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae) aligned with transiting South
            Node: If you want to grab and take hold of a cat, you
            don't just grab hold of its tail (meaning: Act
            carefully so what you do, however justified it might
            be, doesn't generate a backlash).

            > I think that telling adults what kind of
            > relationships they can have
            > will always bit you on the backside, adults will
            > have the
            > relationships they choose. However, Children really
            > ought to be
            > allowed to grow up and make teir own decision on
            > such issues, not
            > have a lifestyle thrust upon them. well opinion
            > there. I have too
            > many friends who lead odd lifestyles to make summary
            > judgement on
            > anything other than the child abuse. Which is what
            > you have in the
            > case of that group, in two manners. One, stealing of
            > childhood from
            > young women by forcing them into marriage. Not to
            > mention there are
            > a number of men who dont think that sex with a 12-16
            > year old girl
            > is child molesting, which in itself is pretty sick.

            These girls were raised to think their thoughts and
            feelings didn't matter because they were female, and
            then they get told to marry men they often barely know
            and may not even like and have one baby after another
            (and I understand the infant mortality rate is pretty
            high in Colorado City-Hildale).

            > and two the
            > abandonment of teenage boys from 13-17 years of age
            > in order to
            > reduce the availability of men for women to choose
            > from for
            > relationships. the states and town surrounding that
            > cult have about
            > had it with the child abandonment issue.

            Jeffs did the St. George area no favors by dumping his
            unwanted young men and teenage boys on it.

            > I suspect that the answer to the problem lay with
            > the abandoned
            > young men and backlash is always a problem. But
            > cultivating those
            > young men is definitely one way to turn that
            > lifestyle on its head.

            Mmmm...We've been hearing about these girls for years,
            and then we hear about what people around St. George,
            Utah call The Lost Boys just before everything starts
            coming together.

            Mark A. Holmes

            > > Warren Jeffs is facing justice, but dismantling
            > his
            > > little cult won't be that simple; there was an
            > article
            > > recently on how the mainly Mormon authorities in
            > Utah
            > > have taken an approach where they go after
            > egregious
            > > offenders like Jeffs or prosecute polygamists on
            > other
            > > offenses like child molestation or rape (when they
            > > take underage wives) rather than taking on
            > polygamy
            > > head-on, which, actually, is a lot harder to do,
            > the
            > > lifestyle is so secretive and entrenched out there
            > and
            > > people are loath to rip apart families unless it's
            > > absolutely necessary.

            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
            Access over 1 million songs.
            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
              I understand how he was found, but it is and always has been an FBI
              case. The state charges are follow on, not primary. WJ was on the
              FBI's most wanted list for quite a while. This is because he crossed
              state lines with minors for unlawful purposes. Trooper would
              probably not even have arrested him if he hadn't opened his mouth
              and admitted he was wanted. He wasn't the driver after all.

              _______________

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
                Also I have to say WJ facing justice isnt' nearly as important as
                educating and re-educating the kids that have been screwed here.
                sigh... well my two cents anyway. MissB

                _______________

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006

                  http://www.fbi.gov/page2/may06/jeffs050606.htm

                  WJ was on the
                  > FBI's most wanted list for quite a while. This is because he
                  crossed
                  > state lines with minors for unlawful purposes. Trooper would
                  > probably not even have arrested him if he hadn't opened his mouth
                  > and admitted he was wanted. He wasn't the driver after all.
                  > MissB

                  http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Aug-30-Wed-
                  2006/news/9337137.html

                  The point is, this is a case in the news where care must be (and has
                  been) taken to avoid a backlash (Cat's Tail?).

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006
                    I was thinking it was more that his arrest was the BAcklash? He's
                    been getting away with his obscene behavior for some time, now the
                    cats tail is snapping back? I'm rather expecting a sting from the
                    scorpions tail here at some point as well. if not an outright
                    killing. He reminds me of the kind of case where assassination is
                    NOT unexpected, so they definitely have extra detail on his case,
                    when moving from custody center to courthouse, but I will be
                    interested to see how it plays out. Wonder if he's found a friend
                    in the pokey as yet. ;-) not the kind of person I"d like to deal
                    with. MissB

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006

                      > I was thinking it was more that his arrest was the BAcklash? He's
                      > been getting away with his obscene behavior for some time, now the
                      > cats tail is snapping back?

                      Yeah, or you could say that Warren Jeffs has been mistreating the cat
                      and now he's been bitten and scratched pretty good.

                      (BTW, cats in the news today: CC, the first cloned cat, is now a
                      "meowmie." She's had kittens.)

                      I'm rather expecting a sting from the
                      > scorpions tail here at some point as well.

                      Yeah, I guess you've noticed all the alignments of Pluto with stars
                      like Shaula, Lesath, and Sargas in that area. Or Grumium, on the
                      Dragon's beard (been given a yank).

                      if not an outright
                      > killing. He reminds me of the kind of case where assassination is
                      > NOT unexpected, so they definitely have extra detail on his case,
                      > when moving from custody center to courthouse, but I will be
                      > interested to see how it plays out. Wonder if he's found a friend
                      > in the pokey as yet. ;-) not the kind of person I"d like to deal
                      > with. MissB

                      I wonder if Jeffs is going to end up rooming with Brian Mitchell at
                      the Utah state hospital in Provo. Jeffs isn't the florid psychotic
                      Mitchell is, but then again, he's an evident, accused if not yet
                      convicted sex offender who's presided over and nurtured this sick
                      scene out in the southern Utah desert for years and years. I find it
                      interesting speculation, anyway. It would be interesting to listen in
                      on the theological discussions these two could have. <g>

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 23, 2006

                        ?

                        ?

                        > *Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

                        On Ophiuchus' left hand (more like his left wrist?)

                        > *Acrab (Beta Scorpii)

                        "extreme malevolence, mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness,
                        malice, theft, crime, pestilence and contagious disease." (Robson)

                        > Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

                        Sanskrit = scorpion

                        > *Fang (Rho Scorpii)

                        Chinese = room (I think Rho Scorpii, which is on the Scorpion's left
                        claw along with Vrischika [?] is part of this Chinese lunar mansion)

                        > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

                        Arabic = the scorpion's forehead

                        > Saturn
                        >

                        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                        >
                        > Ukdah (Tau-1 Hydrae)
                        >
                        > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
                        >
                        > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
                        >
                        > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; marking the obsolete
                        > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                        >

                        > Uranus
                        >

                        > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                        >
                        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                        >
                        > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
                        >
                        > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                        >
                        > WX Hydri
                        >
                        > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables aka novae)
                        >

                        > Neptune
                        >

                        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                        more secretiveness?

                        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                        >
                        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                        >
                        > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                        >

                        > Pluto
                        >

                        > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                        >
                        > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae)
                        >
                        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                        >
                        > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
                        >
                        > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii; at the center of the
                        > Pistol Nebula; one of the brightest stars known)

                        Having to do with guns or with gun violence?

                        > *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

                        Silk, textile production, something developing?

                        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                        >
                        > *Galactic Center (Sag A* Sagittarii)

                        creativity, inspiration

                        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                        >
                        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                        >
                        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                        >

                        > Ceres
                        >

                        > *Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

                        "trouble and disgrace" (Robson)

                        > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

                        in the Water Carrier's shoulder

                        > *Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

                        "beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and
                        death." (Robson)

                        > Pallas
                        >

                        > *Sung (Delta Aquilae)

                        Chinese = the Sung or Song Dynasty

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Dynasty

                        > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)
                        >

                        > Juno
                        >

                        > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae, a moderately bright
                        > nova discovered in 1999 by Portuguese amateur
                        > astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
                        >
                        > (I have "bad experiences, embittering, repudiation,
                        > grievances" for this one)
                        >
                        > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                        "said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness, and loss through friends
                        and companions." (Robson)

                        > Vesta
                        >

                        > *Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                        "gives a keen, studious and profound mind with the ability for
                        research" (Robson)

                        > *Al Hakim (Iota Centauri)

                        Arabic = the wise

                        > *Jellyfish Nebula (KFR 1 Crucis)

                        being spineless, unassertive or irresolute

                        > Chiron
                        >

                        > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)
                        >
                        > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni, named
                        > for its discoverer, Dana Patchick)
                        >
                        > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
                        >
                        > LU Vulpeculae
                        >
                        > LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                        >
                        > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
                        >

                        > North Node
                        >

                        > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

                        hissing?

                        > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)

                        Simmah = a Mesopotamian fish goddess

                        > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
                        > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
                        >

                        > South Node
                        >

                        > AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)
                        >
                        > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
                        > near Gamma Comae Berenices)

                        in a box

                        > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                        > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
                        >
                        > Denebola (Beta Leonis)

                        "gives swift judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune
                        from nature's elements, happiness turned to anger, and makes the
                        native noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
                        people's affairs." (Robson)

                        "this star indicates in some degree being 'out of step' or being out
                        of the mainstream of thought, not conforming, by living on the
                        fringe." (Bernadette Brady, *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* [p. 266])

                        two cat's tails (a cat and a lion)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 25, 2006

                          > > As of noon CST.
                          > >

                          > > Jupiter
                          > >

                          > > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini)
                          >
                          > ?
                          >

                          > > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
                          >

                          > ?
                          >

                          > > --->*Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
                          >

                          > On Ophiuchus' left hand (more like his left wrist?)
                          >

                          > > --->*Acrab (Beta Scorpii)
                          >

                          > "extreme malevolence, mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness,
                          > malice, theft, crime, pestilence and contagious disease." (Robson)
                          >

                          > > --->Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)
                          >

                          > Sanskrit = scorpion
                          >

                          > > --->*Fang (Rho Scorpii)
                          >
                          > Chinese = room (I think Rho Scorpii, which is on the Scorpion's left
                          > claw along with Vrischika [?] is part of this Chinese lunar mansion)
                          >

                          > > --->*Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)
                          >

                          > Arabic = the scorpion's forehead

                          The ginned-up "war on Christmas"? Threatened fractures within the
                          Episcopal Church? Political violence in the Palestinian territories?

                          > > Saturn
                          > >

                          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                          > >
                          > > Ukdah (Tau-1 Hydrae)
                          > >
                          > > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
                          > >
                          > > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
                          > >
                          > > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; marking the obsolete
                          > > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                          > >

                          > > Uranus
                          > >

                          > > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                          > >
                          > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                          > >
                          > > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
                          > >
                          > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                          > >
                          > > WX Hydri
                          > >
                          > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables aka novae)
                          > >

                          > > Neptune
                          > >

                          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
                          >
                          > more secretiveness?
                          >

                          > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                          > >
                          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                          > >
                          > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                          > >

                          > > Pluto
                          > >

                          > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                          > >
                          > > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae)
                          > >
                          > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                          > >
                          > > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
                          > >
                          > > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii; at the center of the
                          > > Pistol Nebula; one of the brightest stars known)
                          >

                          > Having to do with guns or with gun violence?
                          >

                          > > *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
                          >

                          > Silk, textile production, something developing?
                          >

                          > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                          > >
                          > > *Galactic Center (Sag A* Sagittarii)
                          >

                          > creativity, inspiration
                          >

                          > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                          > >
                          > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                          > >
                          > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                          > >

                          > > Ceres
                          > >

                          > > --->*Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
                          >
                          > "trouble and disgrace" (Robson)
                          >

                          > > -->*Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
                          >
                          > in the Water Carrier's shoulder

                          his right shoulder (to do good by flooding others?)

                          > > -->*Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
                          >

                          > "beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and
                          > death." (Robson)

                          the recent food-poisoning scare at Taco Bell?

                          > > Pallas
                          > >

                          > > *Sung (Delta Aquilae)
                          >

                          > Chinese = the Sung or Song Dynasty
                          >
                          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Dynasty
                          >

                          > > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)
                          > >

                          > > Juno
                          > >

                          > > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae, a moderately bright
                          > > nova discovered in 1999 by Portuguese amateur
                          > > astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
                          > >
                          > > (I have "bad experiences, embittering, repudiation,
                          > > grievances" for this one)
                          > >
                          > > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)
                          >
                          > "said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness, and loss through friends
                          > and companions." (Robson)
                          >

                          > > Vesta
                          > >

                          > > *Princeps (Delta Bootis)
                          >

                          > "gives a keen, studious and profound mind with the ability for
                          > research" (Robson)
                          >

                          > > *Al Hakim (Iota Centauri)
                          >

                          > Arabic = the wise
                          >

                          > > *Jellyfish Nebula (KFR 1 Crucis)
                          > >

                          > being spineless, unassertive or irresolute

                          somebody has a bad attitude toward the Iraq Study Group

                          > > Chiron
                          > >

                          > > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni, named
                          > > for its discoverer, Dana Patchick)
                          > >
                          > > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
                          > >
                          > > LU Vulpeculae
                          > >
                          > > LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                          > >
                          > > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
                          > >

                          > > North Node
                          > >

                          > > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
                          >

                          > hissing?
                          >

                          > > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)
                          >
                          > Simmah = a Mesopotamian fish goddess
                          >

                          > > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
                          > > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
                          > >

                          > > South Node
                          > >

                          > > -->AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)
                          > >
                          > > -->*The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
                          > > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
                          >

                          > in a box
                          >

                          > > -->*Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                          > > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
                          > >
                          > > -->Denebola (Beta Leonis)
                          > >

                          > "gives swift judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune
                          > from nature's elements, happiness turned to anger, and makes the
                          > native noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
                          > people's affairs." (Robson)
                          >

                          > "this star indicates in some degree being 'out of step' or being out
                          > of the mainstream of thought, not conforming, by living on the
                          > fringe." (Bernadette Brady, *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* [p. 266])
                          >

                          > two cat's tails (a cat and a lion)

                          Preoccupation with celebrity gaffes? Harassment of religious
                          minorities/secularists in the US, Europe and elsewhere?