Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star alignments (December 10, 2006)

  • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      > Chiron
      > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)

      > North Node
      > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Solarium the Sundial)

      > South Node
      > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
      > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
      >
      > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)

      Augustus Pinochet
      25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
      Santiago, Chile

      d. 10 Dec 2006
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006
        --- astrocalypse@... wrote:

        > > Neptune
        > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        >
        > > Chiron
        > > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
        >
        > > North Node
        > > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
        > > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
        >
        > > South Node
        > > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
        > > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
        > >
        > > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
        > > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
        >
        > Augustus Pinochet
        > 25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
        > Santiago, Chile
        >
        > d. 10 Dec 2006

        Could you elaborate?

        Have a burning question?
      • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006

          > --- astrocalypse@... wrote:
          >

          >> > Neptune
          >> > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
          >>
          >> > Chiron
          >> > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
          >>
          >> > North Node
          >> > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
          >> > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
          >>
          >> > South Node
          >> > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
          >> > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
          >> >
          >> > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
          >> > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
          >>
          >> Augustus Pinochet
          >> 25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
          >> Santiago, Chile
          >>
          >> d. 10 Dec 2006
          >

          > Could you elaborate?
          >

          > Mark A. Holmes

          Not really but I will try ;-)

          There are others but these particular placements capture my imagination:-

          tNeptune is on his pUranus - ghost ring seems like a reminder of all those
          missing/dead.

          tChiron on pNode; pChiron on tNode - cloverleaf is a lucky symbol, many
          think he escaped justice by having a natural death - sundial on the box
          (coffin), there gotta be a shadow somewhere; and have you tried to get
          hold of a cat's tail? I wonder if anyone ever succeeded?
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 10, 2006
            --- astrocalypse@... wrote:

            > cluster

            > tail)
            > >>
            > >> Augustus Pinochet
            > >> 25 Nov 1915 7:30pm
            > >> Santiago, Chile
            > >>
            > >> d. 10 Dec 2006
            > >

            > > Could you elaborate?
            > >

            > > Mark A. Holmes
            > >

            > Not really but I will try ;-)
            >
            > There are others but these particular placements
            > capture my imagination:-
            >
            > tNeptune is on his pUranus - ghost ring seems like a
            > reminder of all those
            > missing/dead.

            The ghosts of his victims, gathered around his bed,
            staring at him accusingly...

            > tChiron on pNode; pChiron on tNode - cloverleaf is a
            > lucky symbol, many
            > think he escaped justice by having a natural death -
            > sundial on the box
            > (coffin), there gotta be a shadow somewhere;

            Time to go?

            and
            > have you tried to get
            > hold of a cat's tail? I wonder if anyone ever
            > succeeded?

            Grab it and the cat will claw and bite. The people
            wanting Pinochet to answer for his crimes couldn't
            have gone all-out with it without there being a
            backlash, as he was very old and in failing health. I
            haven't really noticed if Cat's Tail is aligned with a
            major planet or asteroid in recent cases where
            fugitive Nazis (who these days seem to be strictly
            little fish, former concentration-camp guards or
            lower-echelon secret police) have escaped having the
            book thrown at them like Adolf Eichmann or Klaus
            Barbie due to advanced age and failing health.

            Warren Jeffs is facing justice, but dismantling his
            little cult won't be that simple; there was an article
            recently on how the mainly Mormon authorities in Utah
            have taken an approach where they go after egregious
            offenders like Jeffs or prosecute polygamists on other
            offenses like child molestation or rape (when they
            take underage wives) rather than taking on polygamy
            head-on, which, actually, is a lot harder to do, the
            lifestyle is so secretive and entrenched out there and
            people are loath to rip apart families unless it's
            absolutely necessary.

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
              Actually in Warren Jeffs case it is really about child molesting and
              it has nothing to do with the authorities out there, it is an FBI
              case directly, no intervening authority.

              I think that telling adults what kind of relationships they can have
              will always bit you on the backside, adults will have the
              relationships they choose. However, Children really ought to be
              allowed to grow up and make teir own decision on such issues, not
              have a lifestyle thrust upon them. well opinion there. I have too
              many friends who lead odd lifestyles to make summary judgement on
              anything other than the child abuse. Which is what you have in the
              case of that group, in two manners. One, stealing of childhood from
              young women by forcing them into marriage. Not to mention there are
              a number of men who dont think that sex with a 12-16 year old girl
              is child molesting, which in itself is pretty sick. and two the
              abandonment of teenage boys from 13-17 years of age in order to
              reduce the availability of men for women to choose from for
              relationships. the states and town surrounding that cult have about
              had it with the child abandonment issue.

              I suspect that the answer to the problem lay with the abandoned
              young men and backlash is always a problem. But cultivating those
              young men is definitely one way to turn that lifestyle on its head.

              MissB

              _______________
              > Any questions? Get answers on any topic at www.Answers.yahoo.com.
              Try it now.

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                > Actually in Warren Jeffs case it is really about
                > child molesting and
                > it has nothing to do with the authorities out there,
                > it is an FBI
                > case directly, no intervening authority.

                No, the FBI arrested him after a Nevada state trooper
                pulled the car he was in over because its license
                plate wasn't clearly legible and he made the trooper
                suspicious. The FBI is involved in the case, that's
                true, but he is indeed facing state charges. The state
                of Utah, county of Washington (where Hildale is) has
                been holding hearings on his case, and he's also
                facing charges in Arizona (Mohave County, where
                Colorado City is).

                http://www.courttv.com/news/hildale/docs/jeffs_utahbail.html

                http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6523761

                In the early 1950s the governor of Arizona had
                Colorado City (which was then known as Short Creek)
                raided and the polygamists' kids put into foster care.
                Basically, all that did was generate a backlash
                against the law, make people think the Arizona
                authorities were ripping families apart unjustly. So
                this time the authorities took great pains not to come
                across as heavy-handed.

                Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae) aligned with transiting South
                Node: If you want to grab and take hold of a cat, you
                don't just grab hold of its tail (meaning: Act
                carefully so what you do, however justified it might
                be, doesn't generate a backlash).

                > I think that telling adults what kind of
                > relationships they can have
                > will always bit you on the backside, adults will
                > have the
                > relationships they choose. However, Children really
                > ought to be
                > allowed to grow up and make teir own decision on
                > such issues, not
                > have a lifestyle thrust upon them. well opinion
                > there. I have too
                > many friends who lead odd lifestyles to make summary
                > judgement on
                > anything other than the child abuse. Which is what
                > you have in the
                > case of that group, in two manners. One, stealing of
                > childhood from
                > young women by forcing them into marriage. Not to
                > mention there are
                > a number of men who dont think that sex with a 12-16
                > year old girl
                > is child molesting, which in itself is pretty sick.

                These girls were raised to think their thoughts and
                feelings didn't matter because they were female, and
                then they get told to marry men they often barely know
                and may not even like and have one baby after another
                (and I understand the infant mortality rate is pretty
                high in Colorado City-Hildale).

                > and two the
                > abandonment of teenage boys from 13-17 years of age
                > in order to
                > reduce the availability of men for women to choose
                > from for
                > relationships. the states and town surrounding that
                > cult have about
                > had it with the child abandonment issue.

                Jeffs did the St. George area no favors by dumping his
                unwanted young men and teenage boys on it.

                > I suspect that the answer to the problem lay with
                > the abandoned
                > young men and backlash is always a problem. But
                > cultivating those
                > young men is definitely one way to turn that
                > lifestyle on its head.

                Mmmm...We've been hearing about these girls for years,
                and then we hear about what people around St. George,
                Utah call The Lost Boys just before everything starts
                coming together.

                Mark A. Holmes

                > > Warren Jeffs is facing justice, but dismantling
                > his
                > > little cult won't be that simple; there was an
                > article
                > > recently on how the mainly Mormon authorities in
                > Utah
                > > have taken an approach where they go after
                > egregious
                > > offenders like Jeffs or prosecute polygamists on
                > other
                > > offenses like child molestation or rape (when they
                > > take underage wives) rather than taking on
                > polygamy
                > > head-on, which, actually, is a lot harder to do,
                > the
                > > lifestyle is so secretive and entrenched out there
                > and
                > > people are loath to rip apart families unless it's
                > > absolutely necessary.

                Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                Access over 1 million songs.
                http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
                  I understand how he was found, but it is and always has been an FBI
                  case. The state charges are follow on, not primary. WJ was on the
                  FBI's most wanted list for quite a while. This is because he crossed
                  state lines with minors for unlawful purposes. Trooper would
                  probably not even have arrested him if he hadn't opened his mouth
                  and admitted he was wanted. He wasn't the driver after all.

                  _______________

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 11, 2006
                    Also I have to say WJ facing justice isnt' nearly as important as
                    educating and re-educating the kids that have been screwed here.
                    sigh... well my two cents anyway. MissB

                    _______________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006

                      http://www.fbi.gov/page2/may06/jeffs050606.htm

                      WJ was on the
                      > FBI's most wanted list for quite a while. This is because he
                      crossed
                      > state lines with minors for unlawful purposes. Trooper would
                      > probably not even have arrested him if he hadn't opened his mouth
                      > and admitted he was wanted. He wasn't the driver after all.
                      > MissB

                      http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Aug-30-Wed-
                      2006/news/9337137.html

                      The point is, this is a case in the news where care must be (and has
                      been) taken to avoid a backlash (Cat's Tail?).

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006
                        I was thinking it was more that his arrest was the BAcklash? He's
                        been getting away with his obscene behavior for some time, now the
                        cats tail is snapping back? I'm rather expecting a sting from the
                        scorpions tail here at some point as well. if not an outright
                        killing. He reminds me of the kind of case where assassination is
                        NOT unexpected, so they definitely have extra detail on his case,
                        when moving from custody center to courthouse, but I will be
                        interested to see how it plays out. Wonder if he's found a friend
                        in the pokey as yet. ;-) not the kind of person I"d like to deal
                        with. MissB

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 14, 2006

                          > I was thinking it was more that his arrest was the BAcklash? He's
                          > been getting away with his obscene behavior for some time, now the
                          > cats tail is snapping back?

                          Yeah, or you could say that Warren Jeffs has been mistreating the cat
                          and now he's been bitten and scratched pretty good.

                          (BTW, cats in the news today: CC, the first cloned cat, is now a
                          "meowmie." She's had kittens.)

                          I'm rather expecting a sting from the
                          > scorpions tail here at some point as well.

                          Yeah, I guess you've noticed all the alignments of Pluto with stars
                          like Shaula, Lesath, and Sargas in that area. Or Grumium, on the
                          Dragon's beard (been given a yank).

                          if not an outright
                          > killing. He reminds me of the kind of case where assassination is
                          > NOT unexpected, so they definitely have extra detail on his case,
                          > when moving from custody center to courthouse, but I will be
                          > interested to see how it plays out. Wonder if he's found a friend
                          > in the pokey as yet. ;-) not the kind of person I"d like to deal
                          > with. MissB

                          I wonder if Jeffs is going to end up rooming with Brian Mitchell at
                          the Utah state hospital in Provo. Jeffs isn't the florid psychotic
                          Mitchell is, but then again, he's an evident, accused if not yet
                          convicted sex offender who's presided over and nurtured this sick
                          scene out in the southern Utah desert for years and years. I find it
                          interesting speculation, anyway. It would be interesting to listen in
                          on the theological discussions these two could have. <g>

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 23, 2006

                            ?

                            ?

                            > *Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

                            On Ophiuchus' left hand (more like his left wrist?)

                            > *Acrab (Beta Scorpii)

                            "extreme malevolence, mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness,
                            malice, theft, crime, pestilence and contagious disease." (Robson)

                            > Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

                            Sanskrit = scorpion

                            > *Fang (Rho Scorpii)

                            Chinese = room (I think Rho Scorpii, which is on the Scorpion's left
                            claw along with Vrischika [?] is part of this Chinese lunar mansion)

                            > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

                            Arabic = the scorpion's forehead

                            > Saturn
                            >

                            > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                            >
                            > Ukdah (Tau-1 Hydrae)
                            >
                            > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
                            >
                            > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
                            >
                            > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; marking the obsolete
                            > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                            >

                            > Uranus
                            >

                            > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                            >
                            > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                            >
                            > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
                            >
                            > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                            >
                            > WX Hydri
                            >
                            > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables aka novae)
                            >

                            > Neptune
                            >

                            > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

                            more secretiveness?

                            > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                            >
                            > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                            >
                            > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                            >

                            > Pluto
                            >

                            > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                            >
                            > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae)
                            >
                            > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                            >
                            > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
                            >
                            > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii; at the center of the
                            > Pistol Nebula; one of the brightest stars known)

                            Having to do with guns or with gun violence?

                            > *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

                            Silk, textile production, something developing?

                            > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                            >
                            > *Galactic Center (Sag A* Sagittarii)

                            creativity, inspiration

                            > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                            >
                            > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                            >
                            > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                            >

                            > Ceres
                            >

                            > *Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)

                            "trouble and disgrace" (Robson)

                            > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

                            in the Water Carrier's shoulder

                            > *Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

                            "beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and
                            death." (Robson)

                            > Pallas
                            >

                            > *Sung (Delta Aquilae)

                            Chinese = the Sung or Song Dynasty

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Dynasty

                            > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)
                            >

                            > Juno
                            >

                            > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae, a moderately bright
                            > nova discovered in 1999 by Portuguese amateur
                            > astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
                            >
                            > (I have "bad experiences, embittering, repudiation,
                            > grievances" for this one)
                            >
                            > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

                            "said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness, and loss through friends
                            and companions." (Robson)

                            > Vesta
                            >

                            > *Princeps (Delta Bootis)

                            "gives a keen, studious and profound mind with the ability for
                            research" (Robson)

                            > *Al Hakim (Iota Centauri)

                            Arabic = the wise

                            > *Jellyfish Nebula (KFR 1 Crucis)

                            being spineless, unassertive or irresolute

                            > Chiron
                            >

                            > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)
                            >
                            > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni, named
                            > for its discoverer, Dana Patchick)
                            >
                            > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
                            >
                            > LU Vulpeculae
                            >
                            > LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                            >
                            > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
                            >

                            > North Node
                            >

                            > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

                            hissing?

                            > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)

                            Simmah = a Mesopotamian fish goddess

                            > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
                            > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
                            >

                            > South Node
                            >

                            > AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)
                            >
                            > *The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
                            > near Gamma Comae Berenices)

                            in a box

                            > *Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                            > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
                            >
                            > Denebola (Beta Leonis)

                            "gives swift judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune
                            from nature's elements, happiness turned to anger, and makes the
                            native noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
                            people's affairs." (Robson)

                            "this star indicates in some degree being 'out of step' or being out
                            of the mainstream of thought, not conforming, by living on the
                            fringe." (Bernadette Brady, *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* [p. 266])

                            two cat's tails (a cat and a lion)

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 25, 2006

                              > > As of noon CST.
                              > >

                              > > Jupiter
                              > >

                              > > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini)
                              >
                              > ?
                              >

                              > > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
                              >

                              > ?
                              >

                              > > --->*Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
                              >

                              > On Ophiuchus' left hand (more like his left wrist?)
                              >

                              > > --->*Acrab (Beta Scorpii)
                              >

                              > "extreme malevolence, mercilessness, fiendishness, repulsiveness,
                              > malice, theft, crime, pestilence and contagious disease." (Robson)
                              >

                              > > --->Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)
                              >

                              > Sanskrit = scorpion
                              >

                              > > --->*Fang (Rho Scorpii)
                              >
                              > Chinese = room (I think Rho Scorpii, which is on the Scorpion's left
                              > claw along with Vrischika [?] is part of this Chinese lunar mansion)
                              >

                              > > --->*Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)
                              >

                              > Arabic = the scorpion's forehead

                              The ginned-up "war on Christmas"? Threatened fractures within the
                              Episcopal Church? Political violence in the Palestinian territories?

                              > > Saturn
                              > >

                              > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                              > >
                              > > Ukdah (Tau-1 Hydrae)
                              > >
                              > > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
                              > >
                              > > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
                              > >
                              > > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; marking the obsolete
                              > > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                              > >

                              > > Uranus
                              > >

                              > > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
                              > >
                              > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                              > >
                              > > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
                              > >
                              > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                              > >
                              > > WX Hydri
                              > >
                              > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables aka novae)
                              > >

                              > > Neptune
                              > >

                              > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
                              >
                              > more secretiveness?
                              >

                              > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
                              > >
                              > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                              > >
                              > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                              > >

                              > > Pluto
                              > >

                              > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                              > >
                              > > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae)
                              > >
                              > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                              > >
                              > > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
                              > >
                              > > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii; at the center of the
                              > > Pistol Nebula; one of the brightest stars known)
                              >

                              > Having to do with guns or with gun violence?
                              >

                              > > *Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
                              >

                              > Silk, textile production, something developing?
                              >

                              > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                              > >
                              > > *Galactic Center (Sag A* Sagittarii)
                              >

                              > creativity, inspiration
                              >

                              > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                              > >
                              > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                              > >
                              > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                              > >

                              > > Ceres
                              > >

                              > > --->*Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
                              >
                              > "trouble and disgrace" (Robson)
                              >

                              > > -->*Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
                              >
                              > in the Water Carrier's shoulder

                              his right shoulder (to do good by flooding others?)

                              > > -->*Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)
                              >

                              > "beneficence and destructiveness, sorrow and happiness, and life and
                              > death." (Robson)

                              the recent food-poisoning scare at Taco Bell?

                              > > Pallas
                              > >

                              > > *Sung (Delta Aquilae)
                              >

                              > Chinese = the Sung or Song Dynasty
                              >
                              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Dynasty
                              >

                              > > *Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)
                              > >

                              > > Juno
                              > >

                              > > *Pereira's Star (V1494 Aquilae, a moderately bright
                              > > nova discovered in 1999 by Portuguese amateur
                              > > astronomer Alfredo Pereira)
                              > >
                              > > (I have "bad experiences, embittering, repudiation,
                              > > grievances" for this one)
                              > >
                              > > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)
                              >
                              > "said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness, and loss through friends
                              > and companions." (Robson)
                              >

                              > > Vesta
                              > >

                              > > *Princeps (Delta Bootis)
                              >

                              > "gives a keen, studious and profound mind with the ability for
                              > research" (Robson)
                              >

                              > > *Al Hakim (Iota Centauri)
                              >

                              > Arabic = the wise
                              >

                              > > *Jellyfish Nebula (KFR 1 Crucis)
                              > >

                              > being spineless, unassertive or irresolute

                              somebody has a bad attitude toward the Iraq Study Group

                              > > Chiron
                              > >

                              > > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)
                              > >
                              > > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni, named
                              > > for its discoverer, Dana Patchick)
                              > >
                              > > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
                              > >
                              > > LU Vulpeculae
                              > >
                              > > LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                              > >
                              > > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
                              > >

                              > > North Node
                              > >

                              > > *SS Cygni (cataclysmic variable)
                              >

                              > hissing?
                              >

                              > > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)
                              >
                              > Simmah = a Mesopotamian fish goddess
                              >

                              > > Solarium (Beta Reticuli; marks the obsolete
                              > > constellation Solarium the Sundial)
                              > >

                              > > South Node
                              > >

                              > > -->AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)
                              > >
                              > > -->*The Box (NGC 4169 Comae Berenices, a star cluster
                              > > near Gamma Comae Berenices)
                              >

                              > in a box
                              >

                              > > -->*Cat's Tail (44 Hydrae; part of the obsolete
                              > > constellation Felis the Cat: marks the Cat's tail)
                              > >
                              > > -->Denebola (Beta Leonis)
                              > >

                              > "gives swift judgment, despair, regrets, public disgrace, misfortune
                              > from nature's elements, happiness turned to anger, and makes the
                              > native noble, daring, self-controlled, generous and busy with other
                              > people's affairs." (Robson)
                              >

                              > "this star indicates in some degree being 'out of step' or being out
                              > of the mainstream of thought, not conforming, by living on the
                              > fringe." (Bernadette Brady, *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* [p. 266])
                              >

                              > two cat's tails (a cat and a lion)

                              Preoccupation with celebrity gaffes? Harassment of religious
                              minorities/secularists in the US, Europe and elsewhere?