Re: Fixed star alignments (November 5, 2006)

    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 3, 2006

      > > As of noon CST.
      > >
      > > Asterisks indicate alignments

      > > Jupiter
      > >

      > > *Marsik (Kappa Herculis)

      on the right elbow of Hercules

      (elbowed aside by superior strength? not just the Democrats in
      general, but Ned Lamont, and, in Mexico, Lopez Obrador?)

      > > Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)

      scales balancing (or not balancing, to some)?

      > > --->*Bin Ridwan's Star (SN 1006 Lupi, a remnant of a 1006
      > > supernova described by the Egyptian astronomer Ali bin
      > > Ridwan)

      I think this is at or around the throat of Lupus the Wolf (having to
      do with dominance and submission issues?)

      > > *Etched Hourglass Nebula (MyCn 18 Muscae)

      only so much time left?

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      trying to prognosticate or "penetrate the shadows" or the veil of the
      future, as it were

      > >--> MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

      something designed not to be messy?

      > > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      > >
      > > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
      > >
      > > Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)
      > >
      > > Alpha Pictoris

      or Lucida Pictoris

      (how something is depicted)

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      > >
      > > *Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
      >

      > It looks like the Democrats finally got what they were looking for all
      > these years.
      >

      > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      > >
      > > Nova Cygni 1992
      > >
      > > WX Hydri
      > >
      > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      > >
      > > (Note: Mu and Nu Aquarii are apparently proper-named
      > > Alberaan, "the two swallowers"; Alberaan Australis is
      > > what I'm calling Nu Aquarii, which is further south in
      > > declination than Mu Aquarii, which I'm calling
      > > Alberaan Borealis)
      >

      > This should be Albulaan Australis and Albulaan Borealis.

      Pouring something on someone (floods? heavy snowstorms? Or maybe a
      deluge of problems or lots and lots of government largesse involved
      for one party or the other to dispense--concern with lobbyists?)

      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      > >
      > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      > >
      > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      > >
      > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
      > >
      > > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

      means "horns of the altar"

      (intense rivalry? I think it was the Roman poet Statius who said in
      *The Thebaid* that when Oedipus' sons Eteocles and Polyneices, who
      killed one another in the battle for Thebes, were put on one funeral
      pyre, the very flames became bifurcated, such was their hate for one
      another)

      > > --->Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      concern with ethics

      > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      > >
      > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      > >
      > > Alpha Mensae
      > >
      > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi; so nicknamed for its high
      > > iron content)

      having to show strength

      > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > *Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      >
      > Albulaan Australis, that is
      >

      > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      > >
      > > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      resurfacing (?)

      > > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      watchful, faithful

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)

      warning against ingratitude; crowned by freedom (?)

      > > --->*Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > -->*Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)
      > >
      > >--> *Nunki (Sigma Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > --->*Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti)

      preoccupation with "values voting"

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Tureis (Iota Carinae)

      a brand name (America? Ford? It's in trouble.

      It looks like Ford's reputation has declined somewhat. I have heard
      people saying that Ford stands for Found On Road Dead. I drive a Toyota.)

      > > *Coal Sack Nebula (in Crux; famous dark nebula)

      concern for the lost, the hidden (the secretly imprisoned)(?)

      > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
      > >
      > > *Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
      > >
      > > *Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
      > >
      > > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 6526 Virginis)
      > >
      > > *Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis; first quasar to be
      > > discovered)
      >
      > (I have "a major step" for this one)
      >

      > possible progress on Guantanamo, Iraq and warrantless wiretapping
      >
      > also, Quasar Alpha: Mexico City has legalized civil unions for gays, a
      > first in the country's history. And, the legislature of the Mexican
      > state of Coahuila is also considering a civil-union bill. (This state
      > is one of six US border states; it's just across the Rio Grande from
      > Texas and includes the border towns of Piedras Negras, where nachos
      > were invented by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya.)
      >

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Merga (38 Bootis)
      >

      > marks a reaping hook held in Bootes' left hand; the name means "hoe"
      > or "rake"
      >

      > (used to remove weeds or fallen leaves)
      >

      > > *Roberts 22 (Carinae; planetary nebula)

      Vague or ignorant
      (nebula) on where someone or something has been (this nebula is just
      north of Foramen (Eta Carinae) in the stern of the Ship Argo

      (amnesia victim from Washington State in the news; also the federal
      government has been secretly giving flyers computerized scores on
      their risk of being terrorists that they can't see or challenge)

      > > *Beta Volantis

      or, Lucida Volantis, this being Volans' brightest star

      (the arts in the news?)

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > Giedi (Alpha Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
      > >
      > > --->Footprint Nebula (Minkowski 1-92 Cygni)

      continuing concern with electronic voting machines that produce no
      verifiable paper trails

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
      > >
      > > BL Lacertae
      > >
      > > Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
      > >
      > > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Pegasus 1 Cluster (galaxy cluster)
      > >
      > > Zeta Reticuli
      > >

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

      welcome back, Democrats (and Daniel Ortega returns to the presidency
      in Nicaragua(

      > > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool Galaxy)

      passions (the election season)

      > > Alkes (Alpha Crateris)

      carrying something for somebody (others' expectations)

      > > T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

      Maybe more later.