Re: Fixed star alignments (November 19, 2006)

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006

      > As of noon CST.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Toliman (Alpha Centauri)

      Nancy Pelosi getting elected Speaker of the House? Keith Ellison
      getting elected the first Muslim US Representative?

      > *Mandrill Nebula (Henize 2-111 Centauri)

      having to do with something cosmetic (?)

      (silicone breast implants getting re-approved in spite of evidence
      that they're not healthful)(?)

      > *Alpha Chamaeleontis

      Or, Lucida Chamaeleontis; it's the brightest star in Chamaeleon

      (changing one's position to match one's environment)

      (Daniel Ortega regaining the presidency of Iraq?)

      > *The Wall (M-13 Herculis; globular cluster)

      "talking to the wall," "off the wall," "Berlin Wall," "all in all,
      it's just another brick in the wall"

      > *White-Eyed Pea (IC 4593 Herculis)

      Black-eyed peas are part of the cuisine here in the American South;
      what might a white-eyed pea be? A negative of a black-eyed pea?

      > *Hilasmus (Delta Lupi)

      Greek = propitiation

      (Donald Rumsfeld resigning?)

      > *EI Piscium (cataclysmic variable)

      having to do with farming ("Old MacDonald had a farm/E-I-E-I-O")(?)

      (harvests rotting in the fields in the US for lack of pickers, because
      the last Congress couldn't get anything reasonable accomplished on the
      illegal immigration issue)

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      >
      > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      >
      > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
      >
      > Alpha Pictoris

      Or, Lucida Pictoris

      > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; representing the obsolete
      > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      carrying water for somebody (being someone's flunky or servant)

      > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      overwhelmed, visited with calamity

      > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)

      swept up into something

      > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      >
      > Nova Cygni 1992

      how about these two?

      > WX Hydri
      >
      > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      >
      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >
      > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
      >
      > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      >
      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > Alpha Mensae

      Or, Lucida Mensae

      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Trying to nourish the garden (or the crops); cultivating something

      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > The Red-Necked Emu (asterism in Cygnus; 29 Cygni and
      > other stars)

      losing something through not paying attention?

      > *HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      "wearing a hat" (playing a role)

      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      The Republicans continuing to push their agenda? Daniel Ortega's
      Communist past?

      > *QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Stephen Harper wanting to give Quebec special status within Canada?

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Al Thalamain II (Lambda Aquilae)

      one of "The Two Ostriches" (hiding their heads in the sand)

      > *Phantom Streak (NGC 6741 Aquilae)

      something or someone elusive (illegal aliens?)

      > *Nova Hassel (V446 Herculis; named for the
      > hearing-impaired Norwegian astronomer who found it)

      having to do with disabilities or the disabled

      > *Delta Pavonis (nearby Sun-like star)

      on display

      > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

      trying to maintain steady footing

      > Juno
      >

      > *Bgh (HR 5010 Coronae Borealis)

      bugs; spitting out something disgusting (?)

      > *Gienah Ghurab (Gamma Corvi)

      somebody or something coming back from the dead, as it were (Joe
      Lieberman? Daniel Ortega? military coups in Fiji? Bush refusing to
      give in on Iraq while speaking in Hanoi?)

      > Al Haram (Mu Velorum)

      Arabic = "the sanctuary" or "the sacred"

      > *Porrima (aka Caphir; Gamma Virginis)

      Gay marriage legalized in South Africa?

      >--> *Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

      losing someone?

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Foramen (Eta Carinae)

      the Iraq commission?

      > *Varthorz Prior (Upsilon Carinae)

      "Varthorz" = the waterline (rising water = global warming? underwater?)

      (the *Intrepid*?)

      > *Heze (Zeta Virginis)

      under Virgo's girdle

      (Warren Jeffs' polygamy trial?)

      > Chiron
      >

      > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
      >
      > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
      >
      > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
      >
      > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

      The Republicans in Congress want to pass a bill declaring that a fetus
      is a "preborn person that feels pain." There is no scientific
      evidence that a fetus feels pain before about the seventh month, but
      to them, that's beside the point.

      > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
      >
      > BL Lacertae
      >
      > Markab (Alpha Pegasi)