Fixed star alignments (December 3, 2006) (addenda)

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2006
      Scroll down to below Pluto for this week's fixed star
      alignments with the new planet Eris. I think I may
      start putting that in from now on.

      > As of noon CST.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate new alignments (not existing a
      > week
      > ago today, with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star
      > in
      > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
      >
      > Kornephoros (Beta Herculis)
      >
      > *Kajam (Omega Herculis)
      >
      > *Thusia (Gamma Lupi)
      >
      > *Keyhole Planetary (MRSC 252 Normae)
      >
      > *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > *Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      >
      > Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)
      >
      > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      >
      > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
      >
      > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris, the brightest star
      > in
      > Pictor the Easel)
      >
      > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, representing the obsolete
      > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
      >
      > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      >
      > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
      >
      > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      >
      > Nova Cygni 1992
      >
      > WX Hydri
      >
      > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      >
      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >
      > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
      >
      > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      >
      > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star in
      > Mensa the Table Mountain)
      >
      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > *Galactic Center (in Sagittarius)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      >
      > *Hyman's Burper (GLRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      > whose name refers to its lead discoverer, Scott
      > Hyman,
      > and its emission pattern)

      Eris

      Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; "Frederick's Crown,"
      part of the obsolete constellation Frederici Honores,
      the Honors of Frederick)

      FX Cephei

      VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)

      Revati (Zeta Piscium)

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      Access over 1 million songs.
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
        was reading up on Eris, she looks and sounds a lot like the Celtic
        Goddes Morrigan ... strife, war, raven related, etc... MissB

        _______________

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > was reading up on Eris, she looks and sounds a lot
          > like the Celtic
          > Goddes Morrigan ... strife, war, raven related,
          > etc... MissB

          Getting along vs. fighting, interconnectedness,
          networks, how religion and philosophy support or work
          against the common welfare, to sort of boil down or
          paraphrase the significances that have been developed.

          It seems like right now there's an abundance (Revati =
          abundance in Sanskrit) of fighting (Eris) and a
          tendency to exploit an inability to get along and
          feelings of animosity (Eris) for selfish or at least
          self-interested political gain (Termes Frederici). I
          mean the mess that Iraq has become and the
          anti-American sentiment Bush has managed to stir up
          which other world leaders (like Hugo Chavez) are using
          for political success, though there might be other
          significances as well.

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006

            > --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
            >
            > > As of noon CST.
            > >
            > > Asterisks indicate new alignments

            > > Jupiter
            > >

            > > *Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star
            > > in
            > > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
            > >
            > > Kornephoros (Beta Herculis)
            > >
            > > *Kajam (Omega Herculis)
            > >
            > > *Thusia (Gamma Lupi)
            > >
            > > *Keyhole Planetary (MRSC 252 Normae)
            > >
            > > *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)
            > >
            > > *Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

            Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

            (Sanskrit = scorpion)

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 17, 2006

              > As of noon CST.
              >
              > Asterisks indicate new alignments

              > Jupiter
              >

              > *Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
              > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
              >
              > Kornephoros (Beta Herculis)

              carrying a crown (to put on somebody's head?)

              > *Kajam (Omega Herculis)

              Hercules' club (some kind of powerful weapon, somebody or something
              struck down?)

              > *Thusia (Gamma Lupi)

              Greek = sacrifice (or Thusia Theron, Greek for "animal sacrifice")

              > *Keyhole Planetary (MRSC 252 Normae)

              having to do with warrantless spying?

              > *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

              "immorality, shameless, revolution" (Robson)

              > *Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

              "sudden assaults, malevolence, immorality, shamelessness" (Robson)

              > Saturn
              >

              > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

              to see in the dark

              > Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)

              "the knot" (some kind of bargain or oath made, something that seals
              something)

              > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
              >
              > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)

              having to do with Jimmy Carter (his controversial latest book?)

              > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris, the brightest star in
              > Pictor the Easel)
              >
              > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, representing the obsolete
              > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

              needing to hang somebody, flying a banner, trying to get one's moral
              compass back (this star *is* part of Pyxis the Compass)

              > Uranus
              >

              > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
              >
              > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
              >
              > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
              >
              > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
              >
              > Nova Cygni 1992
              >
              > WX Hydri
              >
              > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
              >

              > Neptune
              >

              > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

              "a thumping"

              > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
              >
              > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
              >
              > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
              >
              > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
              >
              > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
              >

              > Pluto
              >

              > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
              >
              > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
              >
              > Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star in
              > Mensa the Table Mountain)
              >
              > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
              >
              > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
              >
              > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
              >
              > *Galactic Center (in Sagittarius)
              >
              > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
              >
              > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
              >
              > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
              >
              > *Hyman's Burper (GLRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
              > whose name refers to its lead discoverer, Scott Hyman,
              > and its emission pattern)

              burping like the little turtle named Mack at the bottom of the stack
              that toppled King Yertle the Turtle of Salamasond in the Dr. Seuss story?

              > Ceres
              >

              > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

              spotlight on laziness or a substandard amount of effort?

              > *Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

              "overcoming by evil that is turned into success, and danger from
              beasts" (Robson)

              > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

              blinking like a stop light?

              > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei)

              playful, frisky

              > *Gruid (Beta Gruis)

              on the back of something or someone devoted and watchful (colorful?)

              > *VW Hydri

              a humble conveyance or a conveyance for humble people

              > *TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

              to tie

              > Pallas
              >

              > *Van Biesbroeck's Star (Gliese 752 Aquilae)

              I need to figure this one out.

              > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae)

              when the globe is shaken, you can't see inside it; you can see inside
              it as long as you don't agitate it

              > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

              Arabic = the tortoise

              > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis; I think this marks Pavo
              > the Peacock's heart)

              boastful, preening, divalike (?)

              > *Merrill's Star (M 1-67 Sagittae, sort of a
              > pseudo-planetary nebula which gets its name from Paul
              > Merrill, an astronomer who published a paper on it in
              > 1938)

              I need to figure this one out too. A nebula means obscuration of some
              sort?

              > Juno
              >

              > *Merga (38 Bootis)
              >
              > *Roberts 22 (CRL 4140 Carinae, a nebula)
              >
              > *Lucida Volantis (Beta Volantis, the brightest star in
              > Volans the Flying Fish [slightly brighter than Gamma-2
              > Volantis])

              inspiration of some sort?

              > Vesta
              >

              > *UZ Bootis (cataclysmic variable)

              Uzi = assault rifles? weapons of mass destruction? military matters or
              things having to do with crime?

              > *Varthorz Posterior (Theta Carinae)

              thrown overboard (varthorz = the waterline)

              > *Blue Planetary (NGC 3918 Centauri)

              blinded by melancholy?

              > Chiron
              >

              > Bos (Rho Capricorni)

              acting on a higher frequency

              > Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)
              >
              > LU Vulpeculae

              "the loo" (flushed)

              > *LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

              feeling the love (pay attention)

              > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
              >

              > North Node
              >

              > Simmah (Gamma Piscium)

              A Babylonian fish goddess

              (There has been concern about depletion of edible fish species through
              overfishing)

              > Solarium (Beta Reticuli, representing the obsolete
              > constellation Solarium the Sundial)

              casting a shadow, showing the time

              > South Node
              >

              > *AM Canum Venaticorum (cataclysmic variable)

              lots of public and possibly overheated discussion

              > Lucida Antliae (Alpha Antliae, the brightest star in
              > Antlia the Air Pump)

              inflated, lots of hot air, sucking out all the air (carbon monoxide
              poisoning?)

              > Denebola (Beta Leonis)

              quick anger?

              > UX Ursae Majoris (cataclysmic variable)