Re: Cats

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2006
      <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Bills Book of rulerships is deeeeeply faulted,
      >
      > He gives cats to Virgo; I always thought cats, lions and every other
      > species of feline would come under Leo. It goes further than that, does
      > it?
      > ==========================
      > Yes, Virgo and 6th for pets - and there's the obsolete
      > Felix the Cat that was in the stars of Hydra under the
      > Lion - the Big Cat.

      Wellll, I guess that makes sense.

      > From my Encyclopedia:
      > Felis, the Cat
      >
      > I am very fond of cats. I will let
      > this figure
      > scratch on the chart. The starry sky
      > has worried
      > me quite enough in my life, so now I
      > can have my
      > joke with it!
      > -French
      > astronomer J de La Lande
      >
      > In 1799 Joseph de La Lande created a cat out of very dim stars in Hydra;
      > Bode published it in 1801; it is no longer used, but I have tried to
      track
      > down the stars, so that you may curl up with the critter, and purr.
      > (body parts approximate)
      >
      > Invented in 1799 by the Frenchman Joseph Jérôme de Lalande from stars
      > between Antlia and Hydra. Lalande did not himself depict the
      constellation
      > on any globe or chart but suggested it to Bode, who first showed it
      on his
      > Uranographia atlas of 1801.
      >
      > NOTE: POSITIONS ARE 1980; FOR 2000, ADD 17 MINUTES
      >

      > Long Lat Dec RA M Spec

      [...]

      > Right ear HD85519,SAO155553 Hya 6VI15 -27 36 -16 26 9 51 6.08
      > K0
      > Under right paw I Hydrae 6VI46 -35 04 -23 30 9 40 4.77 B5 V
      > Scruff of nk HD85951,S155588 Hya 8VI04 -29 37 -18 55 9 54 4.94
      > M1 III

      [...]

      I have Uranus aligned with these three.

      > Love, Diana
      >
      > PS: I have cats, and have Mars, SNode, Neptune and Jupiter in these
      degrees;
      > Jupiter rules my 6th.

      I have one cat at the moment (someday I'll get her another roommate;
      her last two died). Venus rules my 6th house and it's at 7 Libra, but
      it's semisextile Uranus, and I have Mars and Vesta in the 6th house
      sextile Uranus also (significant?) I have nothing against dogs, but
      I'm more of a cat lover.