Re: MSNBC.com Article: More Afghan women turning to suicide by fire

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18 3:31 PM
      Yes, shocking indeed!
      One wonders about our state of humanity anywhere
      with this happening in probably the most geographically
      heightened (mountainous) part of the planet (Jung say mountains
      symbolise greater mass consciousness).

      I certainly have done something similar with my life
      here in Australia. We all have problems between genders
      in our own countries which are now hidden and more subtle,
      but still there, none the less. Because it is not a great
      burgeoning problem like in Afganistan we choose to ignore
      it, play it down, look elsewhere at worst and think we are
      lucky with the little more we have.

      Is it too big an ask for the new nation builders to take the little
      good from Taliban days and use it for the now? ie. curbing poppy and
      heroin production. Such a pity and lost opportunity.

      It is just money all the way, whatever way to acquire it, is
      allowable, with our western influence isn't it?

      We are all into this self-immolations stuff if we allow might over
      intelligence, indulge in wars and aggression etc.

      At least there has been some transformative stuff going on lately.

      Out here Gore is back, and U2's Bono have been the "Fire man" in
      speaking out about our government's woeful aid towards uplifting
      poverty. What a superb voice he has, and his Mercury 10Ta32 opposes
      "Rijl al Awwa, Mu Virginis, in Virgin's right foot, now 10 Scorp 14"
      in its present position.

      Our PM made a major criticism of "Pop Stars" speaking out for poverty,
      and not acknowledging how much the global economic stuff has done,
      supporting his stance of suffer if you dont join us.
      http://tinyurl.com/yxhz4w

      Heather

      <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > More Afghan women turning to suicide by fire
      > Desperate to escape domestic violence, forced marriage and hardship,
      scores
      > of women across Afghanistan each year are committing suicide by
      fire. While
      > some gains have been made since the fall of the Taliban five years
      ago, life
      > remains bleak for many Afghan women in the conservative and
      violence-plagued
      > country, and suicide is a common escape.
      > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10693296/from/ET/
      >
      > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      >
      > In ancient Akkad, there was a figure called Mulu-izi, "Man of Fire"
      under
      > which I have
      > found examples of self-immolations; determinant stars were
      >
      > Rijl al Awwa, Mu Virginis, in Virgin's right foot, now 10 Scorp 14
      > Mu Librae in the South Scale (original South Claw) 14 Scorp 16
      > Delta Librae in the South Scale (orig. South Claw) 15 Scorp 23
      >
      > (positions 2007)
      >
      > At the Sept 22 Solar Eclipse, the Neptune-Saturn opposition was
      > rising/setting over Afghanistan - at the antiscion and
      contra-antiscion of
      > these stars, and of course Jupiter and recently Sun, Moon, Mercury,
      Mars and