Fixed star alignments (November 12, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
      All positions as of noon CST.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today
      (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Zwicky's Triplet (MCG 8-31-3 Coronae Borealis, a galaxy group)

      *Draco Dwarf Galaxy (UGC 10822 Draconis; a dwarf spheroidal galaxy in
      the Local Group)

      *White-Eyed Pea (IC 4593 Herculis)

      Saturn

      Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      Subra (Omicron Leonis)

      CW Leonis (star associated with a peanut-shaped nebula)

      Alpha Pictoris

      *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis)

      Uranus

      Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)

      Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

      Nova Cygni 1992

      WX Hydri

      VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

      Neptune

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)

      Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

      Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

      Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      Alpha Mensae

      Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)

      Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

      Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

      Ceres

      *Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pallas

      *Bered (12 Aquilae)

      *Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

      *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)

      *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

      *Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

      *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

      *Alya (Theta Serpentis; in Serpens Cauda)

      Juno

      *GP Comae Berenices (cataclysmic variable)

      *Shrimp Galaxy (NGC 4027 Corvi)

      *Antennae Galaxy (NGC 4038 Corvi)

      *The Comma (NGC 4039 Corvi)

      *Spindle Galaxy of Draco (NGC 5866 Draconis)

      *Southern Owl Nebula (K 1-22 Hydrae)

      Vesta

      *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      Chiron

      Dabih (Beta Capricorni)

      Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

      Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

      Bos (Rho Capricorni)

      North Node

      *Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

      Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)

      BL Lacertae

      Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)

      Markab (Alpha Pegasi)

      Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)

      Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)

      Zeta Reticuli

      South Node

      Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

      *Avior (Epsilon Carinae)

      Alkes (Alpha Crateris)

      T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

      Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006

        > All positions as of noon CST.
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > *Zwicky's Triplet (MCG 8-31-3 Coronae Borealis, a galaxy group)
        >
        > *Draco Dwarf Galaxy (UGC 10822 Draconis; a dwarf spheroidal galaxy in
        > the Local Group)
        >
        > *White-Eyed Pea (IC 4593 Herculis)

        Let me try and figure these out.

        > Saturn
        >

        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        >
        > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
        >
        > CW Leonis (star associated with a peanut-shaped nebula)
        >
        > Alpha Pictoris
        >
        > *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis)

        Pahrump, Nevada passed an ordinance banning the flying of any foreign
        flag alone.

        > Uranus
        >

        > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
        >
        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
        >
        > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
        >
        > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
        >
        > Nova Cygni 1992
        >
        > WX Hydri
        >
        > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        >
        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        >
        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        >
        > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
        >
        > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
        >
        > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
        >
        > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

        Chinese = the dark sky

        > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        >
        > Alpha Mensae
        >
        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        >
        > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        >
        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

        looks like the political wrangling and conflict that's been going on
        for some time now

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        >
        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        >
        > *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

        The incoming Congress (Rotanev = resurfacing?) is figuring out what
        its priorities are going to be; Iraq, immigration, gay rights (lifting
        the ban on gays serving in the military) are apparently going to get
        put off and impeaching Bush is not going to be addressed (at least not
        right now: there will be investigations into the intelligence used to
        justify the Iraq War and into Bush's energy policy). (EF Tucanae =
        having a leg to stand on.)

        And the Republicans aren't being treated as relevant right now
        (Ghost-Ring Nebula)

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Bered (12 Aquilae)

        Hebrew = hail.

        > *Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

        having to do with good living

        >--> *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
        >
        >-->*Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

        Achilles' heels?

        > *Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

        explosive, heroic

        > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

        Arabic = "the city" or "the district". In the Archer's head.

        (Baghdad?)

        > *Alya (Theta Serpentis; in Serpens Cauda)

        the snake's tail (elusive?)

        the violence in Iraq seems to have spiked suddenly

        > Juno
        >

        > *GP Comae Berenices (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with medicine or fraud (or both)?

        > *Shrimp Galaxy (NGC 4027 Corvi)

        having to do with seafood? overfishing in the oceans is reaching a
        crisis point

        > *Antennae Galaxy (NGC 4038 Corvi)

        having to do with broadcasting or communications? The lost Mars probe
        Mars Global Surveyor has been in the news lately; also, CBS is still
        fighting the fine over what happened with Justin Timberlake and Janet
        Jackson at the Super Bowl, and the FCC has been telling the network
        that if it were innocent it wouldn't have fought the fine, or
        something like that. (I hope CBS wins in court.)

        > *The Comma (NGC 4039 Corvi)

        a diarrheal disorder that recently struck a cruise ship that had to
        return to Miami and be scrubbed down

        > *Spindle Galaxy of Draco (NGC 5866 Draconis)

        suspicion of women in power? (Nancy Pelosi?)

        > *Southern Owl Nebula (K 1-22 Hydrae)

        what is known by people in the South or the Global South?

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

        Arabic = "solitary"

        > Chiron
        >

        > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        >
        > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > *Fetus Nebula (NGC 7008 Cygni)

        Nicaragua bans all abortions; South Dakota's popular rejection of an
        abortion ban and popular endorsement of stem-cell research leaves the
        anti-abortion crowd in crisis

        > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
        >
        > BL Lacertae
        >
        > Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
        >
        > Markab (Alpha Pegasi)
        >
        > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
        >
        > Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)
        >
        > Zeta Reticuli
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)
        >
        > *Avior (Epsilon Carinae)

        On the side of the Ship Argo (in the old days, sailors often hung off
        the side to go to the bathroom, and this is where dead bodies of
        people buried at sea got put overboard, and also where people walked
        the plank)

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006

          > > All positions as of noon CST.
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > *Zwicky's Triplet (MCG 8-31-3 Coronae Borealis, a galaxy group)
          > >
          > > *Draco Dwarf Galaxy (UGC 10822 Draconis; a dwarf spheroidal
          galaxy in
          > > the Local Group)
          > >
          > > *White-Eyed Pea (IC 4593 Herculis)
          >

          > Let me try and figure these out.
          >

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
          > >
          > > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
          > >
          > > CW Leonis (star associated with a peanut-shaped nebula)
          > >
          > > Alpha Pictoris
          > >
          > > *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis)
          >

          > Pahrump, Nevada passed an ordinance banning the flying of any
          foreign
          > flag alone.
          >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Nova Cygni 1992
          > >
          > > WX Hydri
          > >
          > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
          > >
          > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          > >
          > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
          > >
          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
          > >
          > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
          > >
          > > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
          > >
          > > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
          > >
          > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
          >
          > Chinese = the dark sky

          Dark clouds gathering? Night falling?

          > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
          > >
          > > Alpha Mensae
          > >
          > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
          >

          > looks like the political wrangling and conflict that's been going on
          > for some time now
          >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
          > >
          > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          > >
          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
          > >
          > > *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > The incoming Congress (Rotanev = resurfacing?) is figuring out what
          > its priorities are going to be; Iraq, immigration, gay rights
          (lifting
          > the ban on gays serving in the military) are apparently going to get
          > put off and impeaching Bush is not going to be addressed (at least
          not
          > right now: there will be investigations into the intelligence used
          > justify the Iraq War and into Bush's energy policy). (EF Tucanae =
          > having a leg to stand on.)
          >
          > And the Republicans aren't being treated as relevant right now
          > (Ghost-Ring Nebula)
          >

          > > Pallas
          > >

          > > *Bered (12 Aquilae)
          >

          > Hebrew = hail.

          Something like random, apparently senseless bad fortune or weather-
          related events?