Peanut Nebula?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      Peanut Nebula?

      I sent

       OK, so this last link has CW Leonis with Peanut
      > Nebula in parens -
      > so I guess you are saying they are one and the same?
      >
      > (As far as I can tell there are several "peanut
      > nebulas" because
      > many nebulae are double-lobed and look like a
      > peanut)
      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      Mark sent:

      I was thinking it might be good to designate this as
      CW Leonis, given that there's at least one more nebula
      (on the border between Camelopardalis and Perseus; I
      forget its catalog designation right now) that has the
      nickname Peanut Nebula and no other.
      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      I would have loved CW Leonis to be the one-and-only Peanut
      Nebula, because it's Jimmy Carter's Venus!

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
        --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

        > I sent
        >
        > OK, so this last link has CW Leonis with Peanut
        > > Nebula in parens -
        > > so I guess you are saying they are one and the
        > same?
        > >
        > > (As far as I can tell there are several "peanut
        > > nebulas" because
        > > many nebulae are double-lobed and look like a
        > > peanut)
        > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        > Mark sent:
        >
        > I was thinking it might be good to designate this as
        > CW Leonis, given that there's at least one more
        > nebula
        > (on the border between Camelopardalis and Perseus; I
        > forget its catalog designation right now) that has
        > the
        > nickname Peanut Nebula and no other.
        > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        > I would have loved CW Leonis to be the one-and-only
        > Peanut
        > Nebula, because it's Jimmy Carter's Venus!

        I believe he quit the Navy's nuclear submarine program
        after his father died because the family business
        interests in Georgia (including peanut farming) needed
        taking care of.

        This other Peanut Nebula, Sharpless 2-205, in
        Camelopardalis, might be worth looking at, too.

        http://www.skyinsight.net/deepskylog/detail_object.php?object=Sh+2-205

        http://www.astroimages.com/sh2-205.htm

        Want to start your own business?
        Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.