Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Tomorrow's inner planet fixed star alignments

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 7, 2006
      --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

      > The Alpha star for the scales of justice? that's it?
      > MissB

      Anne Wright's Zubenalgenubi page:

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zubenelgenubis.html

      I think Bernadette says something about Zubenalgenubi
      wanting to change the world for selfless reasons in
      her fixed star book. I'll have to look at it again.

      Mark A. Holmes

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
      > Holmes
      > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

      > > > general election day...
      > > >

      > > > I'll look at tomorrow's fixed star alignments
      > > > involving inner planets
      > > > tonight.
      > > >

      > > tomorrow, noon EST at Washington; Brady, Robson,
      > > Ebertin-Hoffmann and Rigor stars only; no lunar
      > > aspects.
      > >

      > > Sun
      > >
      > > Zubenalgenubi (Alpha Librae)
      > >

      > > That's it.

      Sponsored Link

      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 7, 2006
        I have her book at home, but that is far frome work. sigh... been a
        long day... MissB

        _____________________

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 7, 2006
          Kentucky District 03 may be of interest to some, Democrat Yarmuth
          looks to be winning over incumbant in a rather interesting battle.

          I eagerly await the outcome of todays races...

          Not indiana, you cant call something a race when there is only ONE
          contestant! sheesh~!
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 7, 2006

            > > The Alpha star for the scales of justice? that's it?
            > > MissB
            >

            > Anne Wright's Zubenalgenubi page:
            >
            > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zubenelgenubis.html
            >
            > I think Bernadette says something about Zubenalgenubi
            > wanting to change the world for selfless reasons in
            > her fixed star book. I'll have to look at it again.

            Zubenalgenubi and Zubenalschemali (Beta Librae) "are strongly
            involved in social reform or social justice...
            [Zubenalgenubi]...seems...to bestow higher ideals than
            [Zubenalschemali]."--*Brady's Book of Fixed Stars* (p.281)

            It would certainly seem that this is what the Democrats are after
            this time.

            _____________________

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 7, 2006

              > Kentucky District 03 may be of interest to some, Democrat Yarmuth
              > looks to be winning over incumbant in a rather interesting battle.
              >
              > I eagerly await the outcome of todays races...
              >
              > Not indiana, you cant call something a race when there is only ONE
              > contestant! sheesh~!
              > MissB

              Rick Santorum, Lincoln Chafee, Mike DeWine...goodbye. My main
              concerns at the moment are Claire McCaskill, Jim Webb, Harold Ford
              Jr., and Jon Tester, and maybe Jim Pedersen, who may be able to take
              back the US Senate for us, and also getting home and to bed.

              BTW: I deleted the spam post about dream oracles or whatever it was.

              Good night.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 8, 2006
                Webb appears to be ahead 50% to 49 percent as of this morning, this
                looks to be a possibility. If the Democrats actually win the senate
                as well, it will be an historic race. MissB

                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 8, 2006
                  Sun aligned with Zubenalgenubi (Alpha Librae) as of
                  noon EST yesterday at Washington.

                  --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                  > Webb appears to be ahead 50% to 49 percent as of
                  > this morning, this
                  > looks to be a possibility. If the Democrats actually
                  > win the senate
                  > as well, it will be an historic race. MissB

                  Claire McCaskill got in, and maybe Jon Tester and
                  James Webb as well, though their GOP opponents in
                  (respectively) Montana and Virginia haven't conceded
                  yet. Harold Ford, Jr. didn't win in Tennessee,
                  unfortunately. (Did anyone else see that rabbit punch
                  coming? Playing on white racism has done many a
                  southern politician well.)

                  Also: A number of states passed minimum-wage
                  increases, Missouri passed their amendment protecting
                  stem-cell research, Arizona rejected a constitutional
                  ban on gay marriage (the first state so far to do
                  that, though they have a statutory ban on same-sex
                  marriage), and South Dakota voters decided they didn't
                  need that near-total ban on abortion their
                  Republican-dominated legislature tried to foist on
                  them.

                  > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
                  > <msbhavens1@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Kentucky District 03 may be of interest to some,
                  > Democrat
                  > Yarmuth
                  > > > looks to be winning over incumbant in a rather
                  > interesting
                  > battle.
                  > > >
                  > > > I eagerly await the outcome of todays races...
                  > > >
                  > > > Not indiana, you cant call something a race when
                  > there is only
                  > ONE
                  > > > contestant! sheesh~!
                  > > > MissB
                  > >

                  > > Rick Santorum, Lincoln Chafee, Mike
                  > DeWine...goodbye. My main
                  > > concerns at the moment are Claire McCaskill, Jim
                  > Webb, Harold Ford
                  > > Jr., and Jon Tester, and maybe Jim Pedersen, who
                  > may be able to
                  > take
                  > > back the US Senate for us,

                  Want to start your own business?
                  Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 8, 2006
                    Prop 85, parental consent for abortion in CA, seems to have failed
                    as well. which, I for one am very happy about.

                    so some loud speaking here I think?

                    _______________

                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 8, 2006
                      --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                      > Prop 85, parental consent for abortion in CA, seems
                      > to have failed
                      > as well. which, I for one am very happy about.

                      Me, too.

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                      > Holmes
                      > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Sun aligned with Zubenalgenubi (Alpha Librae) as
                      > of
                      > > noon EST yesterday at Washington.
                      > >

                      > > --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Webb appears to be ahead 50% to 49 percent as of
                      > > > this morning, this
                      > > > looks to be a possibility. If the Democrats
                      > actually
                      > > > win the senate
                      > > > as well, it will be an historic race. MissB
                      > >

                      > > Claire McCaskill got in, and maybe Jon Tester and
                      > > James Webb as well, though their GOP opponents in
                      > > (respectively) Montana and Virginia haven't
                      > conceded
                      > > yet. Harold Ford, Jr. didn't win in Tennessee,
                      > > unfortunately. (Did anyone else see that rabbit
                      > punch
                      > > coming? Playing on white racism has done many a
                      > > southern politician well.)
                      > >
                      > > Also: A number of states passed minimum-wage
                      > > increases, Missouri passed their amendment
                      > protecting
                      > > stem-cell research, Arizona rejected a
                      > constitutional
                      > > ban on gay marriage (the first state so far to do
                      > > that, though they have a statutory ban on same-sex
                      > > marriage), and South Dakota voters decided they
                      > didn't
                      > > need that near-total ban on abortion their
                      > > Republican-dominated legislature tried to foist on
                      > > them.
                      > >

                      > > Mark A. Holmes
                      > >

                      > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

                      > "msbhavens1"
                      > > > <msbhavens1@>

                      > some,
                      > > > Democrat
                      > > > Yarmuth
                      > rather
                      > > > interesting
                      > > > battle.

                      > races...

                      > when
                      > > > there is only
                      > > > ONE

                      > > > DeWine...goodbye. My main
                      > Jim
                      > > > Webb, Harold Ford
                      > who
                      > > > may be able to
                      > > > take

                      > _______________
                      > > Want to start your own business?
                      > > Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                      > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

                      Cheap talk?
                      http://voice.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 13, 2006

                        > As of noon CST.
                        >
                        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
                        > week ago today.
                        >

                        > Jupiter
                        >

                        > *Marsik (Kappa Herculis)
                        >
                        > Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)
                        >
                        > *Bin Ridwan's Star (SN 1006 Lupi, a remnant of a 1006
                        > supernova described by the Egyptian astronomer Ali bin
                        > Ridwan)
                        >
                        > *Etched Hourglass Nebula (MyCn 18 Muscae)
                        >

                        > Saturn
                        >

                        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                        >
                        > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
                        >
                        > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
                        >
                        > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
                        >
                        > Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)
                        >
                        > Alpha Pictoris
                        >

                        > Uranus
                        >

                        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                        >
                        > *Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)

                        It looks like the Democrats finally got what they were looking for all
                        these years.

                        > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                        >
                        > Nova Cygni 1992
                        >
                        > WX Hydri
                        >
                        > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
                        >

                        > Neptune
                        >

                        > Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
                        >
                        > (Note: Mu and Nu Aquarii are apparently proper-named
                        > Alberaan, "the two swallowers"; Alberaan Australis is
                        > what I'm calling Nu Aquarii, which is further south in
                        > declination than Mu Aquarii, which I'm calling
                        > Alberaan Borealis)

                        This should be Albulaan Australis and Albulaan Borealis.

                        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
                        >
                        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
                        >
                        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                        >
                        > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                        >

                        > Pluto
                        >

                        > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
                        >
                        > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
                        >
                        > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
                        >
                        > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                        >
                        > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
                        >
                        > Alpha Mensae
                        >
                        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                        >
                        > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi; so nicknamed for its high
                        > iron content)
                        >
                        > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
                        >
                        > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
                        >
                        > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
                        >
                        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                        >

                        > Ceres
                        >

                        > *Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

                        Albulaan Australis, that is

                        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                        >
                        > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
                        >
                        > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
                        >
                        > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
                        >

                        > Pallas
                        >

                        > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)
                        >
                        > *Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
                        >
                        > *Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)
                        >
                        > *Nunki (Sigma Sagittarii)
                        >
                        > *Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti)

                        preoccupation with "values voting"

                        > Juno
                        >

                        > *Tureis (Iota Carinae)
                        >
                        > *Coal Sack Nebula (in Crux; famous dark nebula)
                        >
                        > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
                        >
                        > *Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
                        >
                        > *Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
                        >
                        > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 6526 Virginis)
                        >
                        > *Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis; first quasar to be
                        > discovered)

                        (I have "a major step" for this one)

                        possible progress on Guantanamo, Iraq and warrantless wiretapping

                        also, Quasar Alpha: Mexico City has legalized civil unions for gays, a
                        first in the country's history. And, the legislature of the Mexican
                        state of Coahuila is also considering a civil-union bill. (This state
                        is one of six US border states; it's just across the Rio Grande from
                        Texas and includes the border towns of Piedras Negras, where nachos
                        were invented by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya.)

                        > Vesta
                        >

                        > *Merga (38 Bootis)

                        marks a reaping hook held in Bootes' left hand; the name means "hoe"
                        or "rake"

                        (used to remove weeds or fallen leaves)

                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 3, 2006

                          > > As of noon CST.
                          > >
                          > > Asterisks indicate alignments

                          > > Jupiter
                          > >

                          > > *Marsik (Kappa Herculis)

                          on the right elbow of Hercules

                          (elbowed aside by superior strength? not just the Democrats in
                          general, but Ned Lamont, and, in Mexico, Lopez Obrador?)

                          > > Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)

                          scales balancing (or not balancing, to some)?

                          > > --->*Bin Ridwan's Star (SN 1006 Lupi, a remnant of a 1006
                          > > supernova described by the Egyptian astronomer Ali bin
                          > > Ridwan)

                          I think this is at or around the throat of Lupus the Wolf (having to
                          do with dominance and submission issues?)

                          > > *Etched Hourglass Nebula (MyCn 18 Muscae)

                          only so much time left?

                          > > Saturn
                          > >

                          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

                          trying to prognosticate or "penetrate the shadows" or the veil of the
                          future, as it were

                          > >--> MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

                          something designed not to be messy?

                          > > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
                          > >
                          > > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
                          > >
                          > > Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)
                          > >
                          > > Alpha Pictoris

                          or Lucida Pictoris

                          (how something is depicted)

                          > > Uranus
                          > >

                          > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
                          > >
                          > > *Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
                          >

                          > It looks like the Democrats finally got what they were looking for all
                          > these years.
                          >

                          > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
                          > >
                          > > Nova Cygni 1992
                          > >
                          > > WX Hydri
                          > >
                          > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
                          > >

                          > > Neptune
                          > >

                          > > Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
                          > >
                          > > (Note: Mu and Nu Aquarii are apparently proper-named
                          > > Alberaan, "the two swallowers"; Alberaan Australis is
                          > > what I'm calling Nu Aquarii, which is further south in
                          > > declination than Mu Aquarii, which I'm calling
                          > > Alberaan Borealis)
                          >

                          > This should be Albulaan Australis and Albulaan Borealis.

                          Pouring something on someone (floods? heavy snowstorms? Or maybe a
                          deluge of problems or lots and lots of government largesse involved
                          for one party or the other to dispense--concern with lobbyists?)

                          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
                          > >
                          > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
                          > >
                          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
                          > >
                          > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
                          > >

                          > > Pluto
                          > >

                          > > Tchou (aka Choo; Alpha Arae)
                          > >
                          > > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

                          means "horns of the altar"

                          (intense rivalry? I think it was the Roman poet Statius who said in
                          *The Thebaid* that when Oedipus' sons Eteocles and Polyneices, who
                          killed one another in the battle for Thebes, were put on one funeral
                          pyre, the very flames became bifurcated, such was their hate for one
                          another)

                          > > --->Zadok (Gamma Arae)

                          concern with ethics

                          > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
                          > >
                          > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
                          > >
                          > > Alpha Mensae
                          > >
                          > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
                          > >
                          > > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi; so nicknamed for its high
                          > > iron content)

                          having to show strength

                          > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
                          > >
                          > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
                          > >
                          > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
                          > >
                          > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
                          > >

                          > > Ceres
                          > >

                          > > *Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
                          >
                          > Albulaan Australis, that is
                          >

                          > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
                          > >
                          > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
                          > >
                          > > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

                          resurfacing (?)

                          > > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

                          watchful, faithful

                          > > Pallas
                          > >

                          > > *Alfecca Meridiana (Alpha Coronae Australis)

                          warning against ingratitude; crowned by freedom (?)

                          > > --->*Ascella (Zeta Sagittarii)
                          > >
                          > > -->*Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii)
                          > >
                          > >--> *Nunki (Sigma Sagittarii)
                          > >
                          > > --->*Wild Duck Cluster (M-51 Scuti)

                          preoccupation with "values voting"

                          > > Juno
                          > >

                          > > *Tureis (Iota Carinae)

                          a brand name (America? Ford? It's in trouble.

                          It looks like Ford's reputation has declined somewhat. I have heard
                          people saying that Ford stands for Found On Road Dead. I drive a Toyota.)

                          > > *Coal Sack Nebula (in Crux; famous dark nebula)

                          concern for the lost, the hidden (the secretly imprisoned)(?)

                          > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
                          > >
                          > > *Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
                          > >
                          > > *Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
                          > >
                          > > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 6526 Virginis)
                          > >
                          > > *Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis; first quasar to be
                          > > discovered)
                          >
                          > (I have "a major step" for this one)
                          >

                          > possible progress on Guantanamo, Iraq and warrantless wiretapping
                          >
                          > also, Quasar Alpha: Mexico City has legalized civil unions for gays, a
                          > first in the country's history. And, the legislature of the Mexican
                          > state of Coahuila is also considering a civil-union bill. (This state
                          > is one of six US border states; it's just across the Rio Grande from
                          > Texas and includes the border towns of Piedras Negras, where nachos
                          > were invented by Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya.)
                          >

                          > > Vesta
                          > >

                          > > *Merga (38 Bootis)
                          >

                          > marks a reaping hook held in Bootes' left hand; the name means "hoe"
                          > or "rake"
                          >

                          > (used to remove weeds or fallen leaves)
                          >

                          > > *Roberts 22 (Carinae; planetary nebula)

                          Vague or ignorant
                          (nebula) on where someone or something has been (this nebula is just
                          north of Foramen (Eta Carinae) in the stern of the Ship Argo

                          (amnesia victim from Washington State in the news; also the federal
                          government has been secretly giving flyers computerized scores on
                          their risk of being terrorists that they can't see or challenge)

                          > > *Beta Volantis

                          or, Lucida Volantis, this being Volans' brightest star

                          (the arts in the news?)

                          > > Chiron
                          > >

                          > > Giedi (Alpha Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
                          > >
                          > > --->Footprint Nebula (Minkowski 1-92 Cygni)

                          continuing concern with electronic voting machines that produce no
                          verifiable paper trails

                          > > North Node
                          > >

                          > > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
                          > >
                          > > BL Lacertae
                          > >
                          > > Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
                          > >
                          > > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
                          > >
                          > > Pegasus 1 Cluster (galaxy cluster)
                          > >
                          > > Zeta Reticuli
                          > >

                          > > South Node
                          > >

                          > > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

                          welcome back, Democrats (and Daniel Ortega returns to the presidency
                          in Nicaragua(

                          > > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool Galaxy)

                          passions (the election season)

                          > > Alkes (Alpha Crateris)

                          carrying something for somebody (others' expectations)

                          > > T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)
                          > >
                          > > Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

                          Maybe more later.