mu and nu aquarii - wikipedia

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
      mu and nu aquarii - wikipedia

      Hi Mark

      You sent:

      Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

      > (Note: Mu and Nu Aquarii are apparently proper-named Alberaan, "the
      > two swallowers"; Alberaan Australis is what I'm calling Nu Aquarii,
      > which is further south in declination than Mu Aquarii, which I'm
      > calling Alberaan
      > Borealis)
      > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      I sent:

      > Where did you find this name?

      Mmmm...Wikipedia. (They've given sources for their information.)

      > Allen has mu and nu together as Al Bulaan - p 53

      Sounds like a corruption or variation.

      Mark A. Holmes
      ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      Wikipedia has
      Mu Aquarii (μ Aqr / μ Aquarii) is a binary star in the constellation Aquarius. It is approximately 155 light years from Earth. It shares the traditional name Albulaan with ν Aquarii. The name derives from an Arabic term al-bulacān meaning "the two swallowers".

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9C_Aquarii
      ]]]]]]]]]]]

      OK, so shouldn't it be Albulaan (probably originally Al Bulaan) rather than Alberaan?

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
        --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark
        >
        > You sent:
        >
        > Alberaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
        > >
        > > (Note: Mu and Nu Aquarii are apparently
        > proper-named Alberaan, "the
        > > two swallowers"; Alberaan Australis is what I'm
        > calling Nu Aquarii,
        > > which is further south in declination than Mu
        > Aquarii, which I'm
        > > calling Alberaan
        > > Borealis)
        > > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        > I sent:
        >
        > > Where did you find this name?
        >

        > Mmmm...Wikipedia. (They've given sources for their
        > information.)
        > >
        > > Allen has mu and nu together as Al Bulaan - p 53
        >
        > Sounds like a corruption or variation.
        >
        > Mark A. Holmes
        > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        > Wikipedia has
        > Mu Aquarii (¦Ì Aqr / ¦Ì Aquarii) is a binary star
        > </wiki/Binary_star> in
        > the constellation </wiki/Constellation> Aquarius
        > </wiki/Aquarius> . It is
        > approximately 155 light years </wiki/Light_years>
        > from Earth </wiki/Earth>
        > . It shares the traditional name Albulaan with ¦Í
        > Aquarii </wiki/Nu_Aquarii>
        > . The name derives from an Arabic
        > </wiki/Arabic_language> term al-bulac¨¡n
        > meaning "the two swallowers".
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9C_Aquarii
        >
        > OK, so shouldn't it be Albulaan (probably originally
        > Al Bulaan) rather than
        > Alberaan?

        Probably.

        Sponsored Link

        Get an Online or Campus degree
        Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.
        http://www.findtherightschool.com