Re: Fixed star alignments (October 29, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006

      > As of noon CST.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      > week [previous to October 29] (orb 1 00').
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Agena (Beta Centauri)
      >
      > *Ke Kwan (Kappa Centauri)
      >
      > *Arrakis (Mu Draconis)

      the current election season here in the US?

      (Also, Agena: the Episcopal Church now has a female presiding bishop,
      a first in the five-century-long history of the Anglican Church.)

      >-->*Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)

      -->*Ke Kouan Lupi (Beta Lupi)

      (This one and Kappa Centauri pretty much share the same proper name,
      it looks like; it derives from the Chinese for "cavalry officer." I
      added the "Lupi" to make it easier to distinguish between the two.)

      >--> Men (Alpha Lupi)

      Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of crimes against humanity in
      Baghdad and sentenced to hang (does anyone think the timing is a funny
      coincidence, too?)

      > Saturn
      >

      > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      >
      > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      >
      > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
      >
      > *Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)

      This should be CW Leonis.

      > Alpha Pictoris
      >

      > Uranus

      Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      (Greek for "the water jar")

      > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      >
      > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      >
      > Nova Cygni 1992
      >
      > WX Hydri
      >
      > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Neptune

      Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >
      > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
      >
      > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
      >
      > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      >
      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      >
      > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

      Attacks that result in gain (obvious).

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
      >
      > CH Cygni
      >
      > *Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      somebody missing (Bob Ney; what's-his-face, the gay-bashing
      evangelical preacher from Colorado Springs who, it seems, buys meth
      and goes to male prostitutes)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >

        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > > week [previous to October 29] (orb 1 00').
        > >

        > > Jupiter
        > >

        > > Agena (Beta Centauri)
        > >
        > > *Ke Kwan (Kappa Centauri)
        > >
        > > *Arrakis (Mu Draconis)
        >
        > the current election season here in the US?
        >
        > (Also, Agena: the Episcopal Church now has a female presiding bishop,
        > a first in the five-century-long history of the Anglican Church.)
        >

        > >-->*Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)
        >
        > -->*Ke Kouan Lupi (Beta Lupi)
        >
        > (This one and Kappa Centauri pretty much share the same proper name,
        > it looks like; it derives from the Chinese for "cavalry officer." I
        > added the "Lupi" to make it easier to distinguish between the two.)
        >

        > >--> Men (Alpha Lupi)
        >
        > Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of crimes against humanity in
        > Baghdad and sentenced to hang (does anyone think the timing is a funny
        > coincidence, too?)

        If Bush or the Republicans had anything to do with it, obviously it
        didn't work.

        > > Saturn
        > >

        > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        > >
        > > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >
        > > *Subra (Omicron Leonis)

        located in the Lion's left knee

        (a lion forced to kneel? something or someone forced to bow to
        superior force, like to reality?)

        > > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
        > >
        > > *Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)
        >
        > This should be CW Leonis.

        a return to the spirit of Jimmy Carter? (George McGovern, the 1972
        Democratic presidential candidate, has presented a plan to end the
        Iraq War to the Congressional Progressive Caucus.)

        > > Alpha Pictoris
        > >

        > > Uranus
        >

        > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
        >
        > (Greek for "the water jar")

        suggests something you carry with you on a hike or a trip through the
        desert

        > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
        > >
        > > Nova Cygni 1992
        > >
        > > WX Hydri
        > >
        > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
        > >

        > > Neptune
        > >

        > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        > >
        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >
        > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        > >
        > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >

        > > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        > >
        > > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
        > >
        > > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
        > >
        > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
        > >
        > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        > >
        > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

        the stinger under control (targeted attacks)

        > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
        > >
        > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        >

        > Attacks that result in gain (obvious).
        >

        > > Ceres
        > >

        > > --->*Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        > >
        > > --->Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
        > >
        > > --->CH Cygni
        > >
        > > --->*Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >

        > somebody missing (Bob Ney; what's-his-face, the gay-bashing
        > evangelical preacher from Colorado Springs who, it seems, buys meth
        > and goes to male prostitutes)

        and ain't that sweet (to some)

        > > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
        > >
        > > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
        > >

        > > Pallas
        > >

        > > *Ross 154 (Sagittarii; a nearby star)

        just south of Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii); on the Archer's nose

        (the sweet smell of success? sniffing out or smelling weakness?)

        > > -->*Delta Scuti

        attempts to shield others an issue?

        > > Juno
        > >

        > > *Asellus Primus (Iota Bootis)

        "the first donkey" (or maybe "the donkey first"? The symbol for the
        Democrats is a donkey)

        > > *Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis)

        Arabic = reptile, hyena, accursed

        (Saddam Hussein? Or maybe the Rwandan nun who was on trial for
        throwing Tutsis who'd taken refuge from death squads in the hospital
        where she worked out to get killed and allegedly personally dumped a
        Tutsi baby in a latrine. She has just found guilty by a Rwandan court
        and sentenced to 30 years in prison.)

        > > Vesta
        > >

        > > -->*Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

        marking the Crow's beak

        > > -->*Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

        marking the Crow's head

        predatory media attention; expectations of intensified scrutiny,
        investigations and possible impeachment of Bush

        > > *The Stargate (an asterism in Corvus just south of the
        > > Virgo border, between Eta Corvi and Chi Virginis)

        a pathway between worlds of some sort, an amazing journey

        (Daniel Ortega is back as president of Nicaragua)

        > > *Octopus Nebula (ESO 215-4 Velorum)

        something with a lot of tentacles into things, a smothering embrace
        (lobbyists? Halliburton?)

        > > *Auva (Delta Virginis)

        "the barker" (giving a warning, asking others to come see [like a
        carnival barker]; Bob Barker [who just announced his retirement as
        host of "The Price Is Right")])

        > > Chiron
        > >

        > > Giedi (Alpha Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Campbell's Nebula (PK 64+5.1 Cygni)
        > >
        > > Campbell's Star (HD 184738 Lyrae)
        > >

        > > North Node
        > >

        > > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
        > >
        > > BL Lacertae
        > >
        > > Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
        > >
        > > *Markab (Alpha Pegasi)

        "...danger to life from cuts, or stabs, and fire [cuts and stabs can
        be operations nowadays]." (Allen)

        Markab's name comes from the Arabic for "saddle," "ship" or "vehicle"
        (something ridden, in other words), and it's located on Pegasus' wing.

        > > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
        > >
        > > Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)
        > >
        > > Zeta Reticuli
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >

        > > Alkes (Alpha Crateris)
        > >
        > > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)
        > >
        > > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool Galaxy)
        > >
        > > T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)
        > >
        > > *Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

        one more than seven (a near miss in dice games, and a close loss is
        still a loss; lots of electoral victories in close races).

        Maybe more later.