Peanut Nebula

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
      Peanut Nebula

      Hi Mark

      Can you give me the source for the "Peanut Nebula" associated
      with IRAS 21282-5050?

      I would love to use it but need a source

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
        <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark
        >
        > Can you give me the source for the "Peanut Nebula" associated
        > with IRAS 21282-5050?
        >
        > I would love to use it but need a source

        This document (it's not a web page; it's a Microsoft Word document
        that will download to your computer) says the Peanut Nebula is CW Leonis.

        http://www.cedar-astronomers.org/files/contributions/PN_Nicknames.doc

        Here's another page on CW Leonis.

        http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/C/CWLeo.html

        An alternate designation is IRC +10216.

        This page mentions both CW Leonis and IRAS 21282-5050 (two different
        objects, apparently). (PDF file.)

        http://sait.oat.ts.astro.it/MSAIS/2/PDF/233.pdf

        I think my mind may have been wandering when I entered it into
        SolarFire. I just went in and corrected it.