Fixed star alignments (October 29, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2006
      As of noon CST.

      (We went back to Standard Time here in the US today,
      except for the places that don't observe Daylight
      Time, like the states of Arizona and Hawaii and some
      territories, like Puerto Rico.)

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today (orb 1 00').

      Jupiter

      Agena (Beta Centauri)

      *Ke Kwan (Kappa Centauri)

      *Arrakis (Mu Draconis)

      *Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)

      Men (Alpha Lupi)

      Saturn

      Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Subra (Omicron Leonis)

      Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)

      *Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)

      Alpha Pictoris

      Uranus

      Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

      Nova Cygni 1992

      WX Hydri

      VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

      Neptune

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Choo (Alpha Arae)

      Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)

      Zadok (Gamma Arae)

      Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)

      Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

      Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)

      *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

      Ceres

      *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      CH Cygni

      *Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      Pallas

      *Ross 154 (Sagittarii; a nearby star)

      *Delta Scuti

      Juno

      *Asellus Primus (Iota Bootis)

      *Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis)

      Vesta

      *Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

      *Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

      *The Stargate (an asterism in Corvus just south of the
      Virgo border, between Eta Corvi and Chi Virginis)

      *Octopus Nebula (ESO 215-4 Velorum)

      *Auva (Delta Virginis)

      Chiron

      Giedi (Alpha Capricorni)

      Dabih (Beta Capricorni)

      Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

      Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

      Bos (Rho Capricorni)

      Campbell's Nebula (PK 64+5.1 Cygni)

      Campbell's Star (HD 184738 Lyrae)

      North Node

      Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)

      BL Lacertae

      Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)

      *Markab (Alpha Pegasi)

      Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)

      Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)

      Zeta Reticuli

      South Node

      Alkes (Alpha Crateris)

      Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

      Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool Galaxy)

      T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006

        > As of noon CST.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > week [previous to October 29] (orb 1 00').
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Agena (Beta Centauri)
        >
        > *Ke Kwan (Kappa Centauri)
        >
        > *Arrakis (Mu Draconis)

        the current election season here in the US?

        (Also, Agena: the Episcopal Church now has a female presiding bishop,
        a first in the five-century-long history of the Anglican Church.)

        >-->*Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)

        -->*Ke Kouan Lupi (Beta Lupi)

        (This one and Kappa Centauri pretty much share the same proper name,
        it looks like; it derives from the Chinese for "cavalry officer." I
        added the "Lupi" to make it easier to distinguish between the two.)

        >--> Men (Alpha Lupi)

        Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of crimes against humanity in
        Baghdad and sentenced to hang (does anyone think the timing is a funny
        coincidence, too?)

        > Saturn
        >

        > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        >
        > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Subra (Omicron Leonis)
        >
        > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
        >
        > *Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)

        This should be CW Leonis.

        > Alpha Pictoris
        >

        > Uranus

        Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

        (Greek for "the water jar")

        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
        >
        > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
        >
        > Nova Cygni 1992
        >
        > WX Hydri
        >
        > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Neptune

        Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        >
        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        >
        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        >
        > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        >
        > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
        >
        > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
        >
        > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
        >
        > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        >
        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        >
        > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        >
        > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
        >
        > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

        Attacks that result in gain (obvious).

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
        >
        > CH Cygni
        >
        > *Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

        somebody missing (Bob Ney; what's-his-face, the gay-bashing
        evangelical preacher from Colorado Springs who, it seems, buys meth
        and goes to male prostitutes)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006

          > > As of noon CST.
          > >

          > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
          > > week [previous to October 29] (orb 1 00').
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > Agena (Beta Centauri)
          > >
          > > *Ke Kwan (Kappa Centauri)
          > >
          > > *Arrakis (Mu Draconis)
          >
          > the current election season here in the US?
          >
          > (Also, Agena: the Episcopal Church now has a female presiding bishop,
          > a first in the five-century-long history of the Anglican Church.)
          >

          > >-->*Zubenalhakrabi (Gamma Librae)
          >
          > -->*Ke Kouan Lupi (Beta Lupi)
          >
          > (This one and Kappa Centauri pretty much share the same proper name,
          > it looks like; it derives from the Chinese for "cavalry officer." I
          > added the "Lupi" to make it easier to distinguish between the two.)
          >

          > >--> Men (Alpha Lupi)
          >
          > Saddam Hussein has been found guilty of crimes against humanity in
          > Baghdad and sentenced to hang (does anyone think the timing is a funny
          > coincidence, too?)

          If Bush or the Republicans had anything to do with it, obviously it
          didn't work.

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
          > >
          > > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > *Subra (Omicron Leonis)

          located in the Lion's left knee

          (a lion forced to kneel? something or someone forced to bow to
          superior force, like to reality?)

          > > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
          > >
          > > *Peanut Nebula (IRAS 21282-5050 Leonis)
          >
          > This should be CW Leonis.

          a return to the spirit of Jimmy Carter? (George McGovern, the 1972
          Democratic presidential candidate, has presented a plan to end the
          Iraq War to the Congressional Progressive Caucus.)

          > > Alpha Pictoris
          > >

          > > Uranus
          >

          > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
          >
          > (Greek for "the water jar")

          suggests something you carry with you on a hike or a trip through the
          desert

          > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Nova Cygni 1992
          > >
          > > WX Hydri
          > >
          > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
          > >
          > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          > >
          > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
          > >
          > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
          > >
          > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Choo (Alpha Arae)
          > >
          > > Karnot Mizbeach (Beta Arae)
          > >
          > > Zadok (Gamma Arae)
          > >
          > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
          > >
          > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
          > >
          > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

          the stinger under control (targeted attacks)

          > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
          > >
          > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
          >

          > Attacks that result in gain (obvious).
          >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > --->*Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
          > >
          > > --->Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
          > >
          > > --->CH Cygni
          > >
          > > --->*Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
          >

          > somebody missing (Bob Ney; what's-his-face, the gay-bashing
          > evangelical preacher from Colorado Springs who, it seems, buys meth
          > and goes to male prostitutes)

          and ain't that sweet (to some)

          > > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
          > >

          > > Pallas
          > >

          > > *Ross 154 (Sagittarii; a nearby star)

          just south of Ain al Rami (Nu Sagittarii); on the Archer's nose

          (the sweet smell of success? sniffing out or smelling weakness?)

          > > -->*Delta Scuti

          attempts to shield others an issue?

          > > Juno
          > >

          > > *Asellus Primus (Iota Bootis)

          "the first donkey" (or maybe "the donkey first"? The symbol for the
          Democrats is a donkey)

          > > *Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis)

          Arabic = reptile, hyena, accursed

          (Saddam Hussein? Or maybe the Rwandan nun who was on trial for
          throwing Tutsis who'd taken refuge from death squads in the hospital
          where she worked out to get killed and allegedly personally dumped a
          Tutsi baby in a latrine. She has just found guilty by a Rwandan court
          and sentenced to 30 years in prison.)

          > > Vesta
          > >

          > > -->*Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

          marking the Crow's beak

          > > -->*Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

          marking the Crow's head

          predatory media attention; expectations of intensified scrutiny,
          investigations and possible impeachment of Bush

          > > *The Stargate (an asterism in Corvus just south of the
          > > Virgo border, between Eta Corvi and Chi Virginis)

          a pathway between worlds of some sort, an amazing journey

          (Daniel Ortega is back as president of Nicaragua)

          > > *Octopus Nebula (ESO 215-4 Velorum)

          something with a lot of tentacles into things, a smothering embrace
          (lobbyists? Halliburton?)

          > > *Auva (Delta Virginis)

          "the barker" (giving a warning, asking others to come see [like a
          carnival barker]; Bob Barker [who just announced his retirement as
          host of "The Price Is Right")])

          > > Chiron
          > >

          > > Giedi (Alpha Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Campbell's Nebula (PK 64+5.1 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Campbell's Star (HD 184738 Lyrae)
          > >

          > > North Node
          > >

          > > Lacerta Cauda (1 Lacertae)
          > >
          > > BL Lacertae
          > >
          > > Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
          > >
          > > *Markab (Alpha Pegasi)

          "...danger to life from cuts, or stabs, and fire [cuts and stabs can
          be operations nowadays]." (Allen)

          Markab's name comes from the Arabic for "saddle," "ship" or "vehicle"
          (something ridden, in other words), and it's located on Pegasus' wing.

          > > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
          > >
          > > Pegasus 1 Cluster (NGC 7619 Pegasi)
          > >
          > > Zeta Reticuli
          > >

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > Alkes (Alpha Crateris)
          > >
          > > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)
          > >
          > > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool Galaxy)
          > >
          > > T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > *Eight-Burst Planetary (NGC 3132 Velorum)

          one more than seven (a near miss in dice games, and a close loss is
          still a loss; lots of electoral victories in close races).

          Maybe more later.