Re: What are the MUST HAVE books ?

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
      I think you've left off Diana's book.

      Not to mention an ephemeris, which I use always....

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "govanderavi"
      > <govanderavi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "jivio" <jivio@> wrote:
      > > >I fully agree with the statement that there are no must have
      > books.
      > > In my opinion any book which makes you to think, initiate a kind
      > of
      > > fire in your heart, mind, soul is a good book. For knowledge
      > purpose
      > > Reihnhold Ebertin is one of the good authors, Allan Leo,
      Sepherial

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

        > I think you've left off Diana's book.

        Has Diana R. published it? I thought she said she
        hasn't yet.

        > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,
        > "govanderavi"
        > > <govanderavi@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "jivio"
        > no must have
        > > books.
        > > > In my opinion any book which makes you to think,
        > initiate a kind
        > > of
        > > > fire in your heart, mind, soul is a good book.
        > For knowledge
        > > purpose
        > > > Reihnhold Ebertin is one of the good authors,
        > Allan Leo,
        > Sepherial
        > > > are some of the other writters whose books you
        > can refer.
        > > > Cheers
        > > > Ravi Govande
        > >

        > > As far as fixed star books are concerned, Vivian
        > Robson's book *The
        > > Fixed Stars & Constellations in Astrology*, Joseph
        > Rigor's *The
        > > Power of Fixed Stars*, *Fixed Stars and Their
        > Interpretation* by
        > > Reinhold Ebertin and Georg Hoffmann, *Brady's Book
        > of Fixed Stars*
        > > by Bernadette Brady (who's on this list, you know
        > :) ), and *Star
        > > Names, Their Lore and Meaning* by Richard Hinckley
        > Allen, you would
        > > definitely want to have. Also *Astrophysical
        > Directions* by Michael
        > > Erlewine if you can find it. *The Black Hole Book*
        > by Alex Miller-
        > > Mignone is pretty good, but he gives names to the
        > galactic points
        > he
        > > discusses without also giving the astronomical
        > designations to go
        > > with them or placing them in their respective
        > constellations, which
        > > can be a pain in the butt.
        > >

        > > Mark A. Holmes

        > guide...

        > assume...

        > you to develop,hone
        > > > true

        > off of
        > astrology"
        > > by

        > Eastern Standard
        > > > Time,

        > are the ONE MUST
        > > > HAVE
        > to refresh my

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 15, 2006
          Hey All,

          I picked up Parker's Astrology this weekend. Had been told to keep an eye
          out for it but never seen it. Then *poof* it appeared at Barnes n Noble.
          For $25, this 500 page book covers about anything a beginner could want to
          know. It might be a little confusing if you have never studied astrology
          before, because it presents A LOT of information, or at least explores a
          lot of subjects. I haven't had time to give it a detaield look through, but
          from what I have read out of it, this sounds like a must have to me. Wish I
          would've found it sooner.