Re: time and inventions

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 14, 2006
      since that isn't how calendars adn clocks currently run, it would
      certainly not suit you when attempting to do charts. which is the
      goal of the information here. so whether or not you have a preference
      isn't the question, the question is what is the custom so one can
      discover the moment of birth to do the chart.

      MissB

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "govanderavi" <govanderavi@...>

      <http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/conference.htm>International

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 15, 2006
        Beautifully put Arthyr.  Or, as the group "Chicago" used to sing; Does anybody really know what time it is?"

        Trish

        In a message dated 10/14/2006 12:59:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, awc99@... writes:
        There are so many calendars.
        There is the civil calendar by which you speak - sunrise to sunrise.
        But there also temple calendars that require knowledge of the Moon's
        monthly sojourn.
        And lest we forget that in the origin of all, creation came from darkness,
        and we must pay homage to that.
        Hence, the darkened skies represent symbolic time as the beginning
        of the new day.. . . easier to read the starts at night as well.
        Remember we can see farther
        at night than we can by day.

        Arthyr the human calendar

      • awc99@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 15, 2006
          Thanks Trish !

          What's funny? I actually was singing that song to
          myself when I was writing this piece! LOL  :-)

          Arthyr the lyricist

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 15, 2006
            LOL!--oh, that's great.  I can just see it! (Or is that, hear it?).

            Trish