I was wrong

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
      I was wrong

      MissB and Mark wrote

      Re: I was wrong
          Posted by: "mahtezcatpoc" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
          Date: Mon Oct 9, 2006 3:37 pm (PDT)

      > Exactly! and why there is so much confusion since we count days
      > differently now. When did that change anyway? anyone know?
      >
      > that seems like something that might still be country to country?
      > possibly?
      >
      > MissB

      I guess it's one of the changes that was brought about worldwide through Western European imperialism. As far as I know, nobody reckons the beginning of a day from anything except midnight except adherents of Judaism, Bahaism and certain other religions for their own ritual purposes.

      Mark A. Holmes
      I'm assuming the original use of sunset as the start of a new day
      was that it was VISIBLE.

      And if a day (i.e. daylight) ended at sunset, then obviously the
      next (new) day had to start there as well.

      No?