Nope - No Earlier Parans?

  • Arthyr
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2006
      Hi Ms "B" aka Beth :-)

      Actually the Sumerians invented the base 60 system
      (our clock and compass figures for example) as well as a decimal (base 10
      system)
      Their ingenuity was in the use of both systems within a single math framework.

      Clever those guys. . .

      Arthyr

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2006
        No Earlier Parans?

        I am not an expert in early mathematical astronomy/astrology,
        but one of the best books I ever read on the subject is
        "A History of Astronomy" by A Pannekoek - I believe it is still
        available in a Dover reprint of an English translation

        I recommend it most highly