Re: Fixed star alignments (August 27, 2006)

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006

      > All positions as of noon CDT.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Menkent (Theta Centauri)
      >
      > Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)
      >
      > Acrux (Alpha Crucis)
      >
      > *Jewel Box Cluster (Kappa Crucis and other stars, NGC 4755)

      having to do with non-Christian beliefs (like Scientology [Tom
      Cruise], or Islam) (?)

      > *GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > *NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy; possibly malefic, according to this
      > person named Byron Wahl who used to post on the Mercury Hour list)
      >
      > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n2775.html
      >
      > *Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
      >
      > (I must be using tighter orbs than some people.--MAH)

      Jill Carroll (who once "put her head in the lion's mouth", so to
      speak, by going to Iraq) has been in the news some lately.

      > *RR Pictoris

      anything having to do with railroads lately?

      > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >
      > *EF Tucanae
      >
      > *QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > Beta Arae
      >
      > Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)
      >
      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > Lesath (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > Shaula (Upsilon Scorpii)
      >
      > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      >
      > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      >
      > *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)

      preoccupation with the politics of terrorism and who might do a better
      job?

      > Pallas
      >

      > Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation Ramo, the Branch,
      > which some pictorial maps show Hercules holding in his hand)
      >
      > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis, a galaxy
      > even closer to the south celestial pole than Polaris
      > Australis)
      >
      > --->*Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      nasty remarks made by Cheney about Iraq war opponents?

      > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatovski's Bull]
      > along with 68 and 69 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)
      >
      > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20 are
      > nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and the Trifid Nebula,
      > respectively; M-21 is an open cluster)
      >
      > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
      >
      > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      wanting to protect/expand civil rights gains made (in the US)?

      > *SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)

      anti-immigration demonstrations in Arizona?

      > *Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)
      >
      > (there is another galaxy nicknamed Spindle, NGC 5866 in Draco, which
      > we can call Spindle Galaxy of Draco)
      >
      > *Alula Borealis (Nu Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *Alula Australis (Xi Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > *CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Zosma (Delta Leonis)

      a general pessimism and attempts to exploit it (?)

      > *Leo II (UGC 6253 Leonis, a dwarf spheroidal galaxy which is one of
      > the nearest to our own)
      >
      > http://www.seds.org/~spider/spider/LG/leo2.html
      >
      > *Suhail (Lambda Velorum)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
      >
      > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
      >
      > LU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > *Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
      >
      > Matar (Eta Pegasi)
      >
      > *Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
      >

      > South Node
      >

      > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)
      >
      > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum; aka the Whirlpool
      > Galaxy)
      >
      > *T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

      More on this later.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2006

        > > All positions as of noon CDT.
        > >

        > > Jupiter
        > >

        > > Menkent (Theta Centauri)

        One's "angel" (or demon--like Karl Rove?)

        > > Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)
        > >
        > > Acrux (Alpha Crucis)

        having to do with religious issues?

        > > *Jewel Box Cluster (Kappa Crucis and other stars, NGC 4755)
        >
        > having to do with non-Christian beliefs (like Scientology [Tom
        > Cruise], or Islam) (?)
        >

        > > *GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

        AMLO down in Mexico protesting the election results (maybe Joe
        Lieberman's refusal to bow out gracefully?)

        > > Saturn
        > >

        > > *NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy; possibly malefic, according to this
        > > person named Byron Wahl who used to post on the Mercury Hour
        list)

        > > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n2775.html

        struck with dire consequences? (who?)

        > > *Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        > >
        > > (I must be using tighter orbs than some people.--MAH)
        >
        > Jill Carroll (who once "put her head in the lion's mouth", so to
        > speak, by going to Iraq) has been in the news some lately.
        >

        > > *RR Pictoris
        >

        > anything having to do with railroads lately?

        a crash?

        > > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variables)

        a taste of something (fortune)?

        > > Uranus
        > >

        > > *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
        > >

        > > Neptune
        > >

        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >
        > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        > >
        > > *EF Tucanae
        > >
        > > *QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >

        > > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        > >
        > > Beta Arae
        > >
        > > Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)
        > >
        > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        > >
        > > Lesath (Lambda Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Shaula (Upsilon Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
        > >

        > > Ceres
        > >

        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        coming up for air?

        > > *Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

        emphasizing vigilance and safety?

        > > *EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > preoccupation with the politics of terrorism and who might do a
        better
        > job?
        >

        > > Pallas
        > >

        > > Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation Ramo, the
        Branch,
        > > which some pictorial maps show Hercules holding in his hand)
        > >
        > > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis, a galaxy
        > > even closer to the south celestial pole than Polaris
        > > Australis)
        > >
        > > --->*Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > nasty remarks made by Cheney about Iraq war opponents?
        >

        > > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatovski's Bull]
        > > along with 68 and 69 Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

        barbs?

        > > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20 are
        > > nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and the Trifid Nebula,
        > > respectively; M-21 is an open cluster)
        > >
        > > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)
        > >
        > > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >

        > > *Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
        >
        > wanting to protect/expand civil rights gains made (in the US)?
        >

        > > *SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > anti-immigration demonstrations in Arizona?
        >

        > > --->*Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)
        > >
        > > (there is another galaxy nicknamed Spindle, NGC 5866 in Draco,
        which
        > > we can call Spindle Galaxy of Draco)

        "distaff" (traditional term for having to do with women); sextants
        help navigate--a recent study suggesting that children learn best
        from teachers of their own gender? the new HPV vaccine?

        > >---> *Alula Borealis (Nu Ursae Majoris)
        > >
        > >---> *Alula Australis (Xi Ursae Majoris)

        on the Great Bear's hind feet (which a bear would stand on when it
        rears up menacingly)

        (having the ability to back up a show of force?)

        (Iran?)

        > >---> *CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

        ("we 'see you' on the course you're trying to sail on"--having to do
        with political strategy?

        > > Vesta
        > >

        > > *Zosma (Delta Leonis)
        >

        > a general pessimism and attempts to exploit it (?)
        >

        > > *Leo II (UGC 6253 Leonis, a dwarf spheroidal galaxy which is one
        of
        > > the nearest to our own)
        > >
        > > http://www.seds.org/~spider/spider/LG/leo2.html

        Let me try and find out where this and T Leonis are in the Leo
        figure...

        > > *Suhail (Lambda Velorum)

        wind in the sails?

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshuhail.html

        > > Chiron
        > >

        > > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > LU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
        > >
        > > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
        > >

        > > North Node
        > >

        > > *Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)

        "the mark of the devil" (?) (shunning or refusing to support
        nonconformists?)

        > > Matar (Eta Pegasi)
        > >
        > > *Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)

        finally catching a break (?) (the Democrats?)

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sadalbari.html

        > > South Node
        > >

        > >--> Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

        the promise of a return from exile? (the Democrats?)

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/CorCaroli.html

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2006

          > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
          > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > All positions as of noon CDT.
          > > >

          > > > Saturn
          > > >

          > > > *NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy; possibly malefic, according to this
          > > > person named Byron Wahl who used to post on the Mercury Hour
          > list)
          > > >
          > > > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n2775.html

          on one of the Crab's left forelegs, near its left claw

          > struck with dire consequences? (who?)
          >

          > > > *RR Pictoris

          Near Alpha Pictoris at the top of Pictor the Easel.

          > > anything having to do with railroads lately?
          >

          > a crash?

          > > > --->*Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)
          > > >
          > > > (there is another galaxy nicknamed Spindle, NGC 5866 in Draco,
          > which
          > > > we can call Spindle Galaxy of Draco)

          between Gamma and Epsilon Sextantis, I think on one end of the arc
          scale of the Sextant (?) (I believe the zero as opposed to the
          120-degree end)

          http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/sextans.htm

          http://www.clipperlight.com/howusesextant.html

          > "distaff" (traditional term for having to do with women); sextants
          > help navigate--a recent study suggesting that children learn best
          > from teachers of their own gender?

          to be taken with a grain of salt, since other factors that may account
          for it have not been filtered out

          >the new HPV vaccine?

          Jonathan Turley was railing against what he called "microsegregation",
          a localized, scattered return of public-school segregation, by race as
          well as gender, in the US. I don't always agree with him, but this I
          agree on.

          > > > Vesta
          > > >

          > > > *Zosma (Delta Leonis)
          > >

          > > a general pessimism and attempts to exploit it (?)
          > >

          > > > *Leo II (UGC 6253 Leonis, a dwarf spheroidal galaxy which is one
          > of
          > > > the nearest to our own)
          > > >
          > > > http://www.seds.org/~spider/spider/LG/leo2.html
          >

          > Let me try and find out where this and T Leonis are in the Leo
          > figure...

          Leo II is northwest of Zosma on the Lion's back.

          > > > North Node
          > > >

          > > > *Cosmic 6 Nebula (Abell 79 Lacertae)
          >

          > "the mark of the devil" (?) (shunning or refusing to support
          > nonconformists?)

          This is about halfway between 6 Lacertae and Rho Cygni, I guess near
          one of the Lizard's (left) feet.

          > > > *T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

          east of Tau Leonis, between it and Zavijava in Virgo (actually closer
          to 89 Leonis), on the Lion's left hind paw and above Virgo's left
          shoulder.

          A lion would use it to walk on, or if rampant (standing on its hind
          legs) would be using this foot to stand on...

          Mark A. Holmes
        • Gabriella Mittelman
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2006
            MArk, douze points !
            there was a railroad accident in Japan today.

            Gaby

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 17, 2006
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Gabriella Mittelman"
              <gabymitt@...> wrote:

              > MArk, douze points !
              > there was a railroad accident in Japan today.
              >
              > Gaby

              Yes, on Kyushu. A typhoon hitting the area might have had something to
              do with it.

              http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1104AP_Japan_Train_Derailment.html

              > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

              > > > anything having to do with railroads lately?
              > >

              > > a crash?

              I'm thinking the repercussions of the August 21 train wreck in Egypt also.

              http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/17/egypt.traincrash/

              (The Japanese railway didn't do enough to ensure the safety of the
              passengers on their train when the typhoon hit?)