Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Moon occultations with Antares - 1900 to 2000

  • Astro Logos
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5 12:31 AM
      Hi Martina

      I know that Mars was not being occultated by the Moon, nor do I believe that
      Mars occultated a star ( I could be wrong as there are many stars and
      technically minor occultations happen every day). But a planet to a star
      occultation would be hard to see and only last for a few seconds, where as
      occultations of the moon (to a bright star) are far more obvious and last
      for about one hour.

      There was an occultation on the 10th of Sept - but as I said to Mark I am
      still working on this area and will put my thoughts into the newsletter.

      Anyway enjoy the ephemeris I have put it here for others to also do their
      own research.

      cheers

      Bernadette Brady
      www.AstroLogos.co.uk

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5 6:36 PM
        Hi Bernadette,... thankyou!!,.......
        still trying to get a handle on this star stuff,.. because its so way out
        there,
        I think I'm having problems with how it works,.... (lines up, etc,..)
        Wish I could remember where I read that,.. but of course I don't,..
        I the time I went eyahhhhhh! (but it was a star,....)
        I was more interested in asteroids at the time,..
        the list of OOB asteroids was pretty telling.
        "Time" is killing me right now,.. hoping it clears up a bit
        for some better looks myself!!!

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6 10:13 PM
          --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:
          > Hi Mark
          What I think I might do is put
          > a page up on our web
          > site with the Moon's occults of the four or five
          > bright stars that she can
          > occult. If I get that done I will put a note on this
          > forum.

          Sounds good.

          (BTW: I had to start mowing my yard again this year;
          it took me three evenings in a row after work starting
          Monday evening. I've got a big yard infested with
          fast-growing bahia grass from the adjacent cow
          pasture. By the time I was through I had over a
          hundred messages in my inbox that had to be looked
          at.)

          There's an option with this group to create a web site
          for it. Maybe we can put the post on that, too.

          This web site wouldn't be very flashy; it would be
          kind of like mine, I think. I'm trained to do HTML
          programming and also have some training, though not
          much experience, in Microsoft Word web design, and I
          hope to find out how to use Flash and the other
          applications web designers use to jazz up their web
          sites someday, though I don't know when that will be.

          http://personals.yahoo.com