Fixed star alignments (September 3, 2006)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
      Positions as of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (1
      00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Jewel Box Cluster (an open cluster, Kappa Crucis and other stars, NGC
      4755)

      GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

      Saturn

      NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy; possibly malefic, according to a
      person named Byron Wahl who used to post on the Mercury Hour list)

      *Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae, a star which is leaving
      our Galaxy at tremendous speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      *NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy; Wahl says this one is malefic, too)

      RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      *Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)

      Neptune

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      EF Tucanae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Choo (Alpha Arae)

      Beta Arae

      Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)

      Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      Lesath (Lambda Scorpii)

      Shaula (Upsilon Scorpii)

      Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      Ceres

      *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      *Hole In A Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      Pallas

      Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation Ramo, the Branch,
      which some pictorial maps show Hercules holding in his hand)

      *Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis, the closest thing we have on Earth
      to a South Star at this time)

      Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis, a galaxy
      even closer to the south celestial pole than Polaris
      Australis)

      Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatovski's Bull]
      along with 68 and 69 Ophiuchi)

      Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

      Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20 are
      nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and the Trifid Nebula,
      respectively; M-21 is an open cluster)

      Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

      *Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii)

      DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Juno

      *Theta Antliae (in Antlia the Air Pump)

      *Leo II (UGC 6253 Leonis, a dwarf spheroidal galaxy which is one of
      the nearest to our own)

      Vesta

      *Broken Engagement Ring (an asterism in Ursa Major, south of 43 Ursae
      Majoris, midway between Phekda [Beta Ursae Majoris, in the Big Dipper]
      and Phi Ursae Majoris)

      Chiron

      *Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

      Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

      Bos (Rho Capricorni)

      Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)

      North Node

      Matar (Eta Pegasi)

      Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)

      *Stephan's Quintet (a group of galaxies dominated by NGC 7317
      northwest of Pi Pegasi near the Lacerta border)

      South Node

      Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)

      Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum; aka the Whirlpool
      Galaxy)

      *Sunflower Galaxy (M-63 Canum Venaticorum)

      T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2006

        > Positions as of noon CDT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today (1
        > 00' orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >
        > Jewel Box Cluster (an open cluster, Kappa Crucis and other stars, NGC
        > 4755)
        >
        > GY Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Saturn
        >
        > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy; possibly malefic, according to a
        > person named Byron Wahl who used to post on the Mercury Hour list)
        >
        > --->*Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae, a star which is leaving
        > our Galaxy at tremendous speed)

        outcasts, exiles, deportees?

        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

        putting one's head in the Lion's mouth

        > *NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy; Wahl says this one is malefic, too)
        >
        > --->RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

        having to do with negligence causing railway accidents?

        > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)

        watching out for something

        > CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Uranus
        >
        > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
        >

        > Neptune
        >
        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        >
        > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
        >
        > EF Tucanae
        >
        > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >
        > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        >
        > Beta Arae

        religion and politics mixing

        > Stingray Nebula (Henize 3-1357 Arae)
        >
        > --->Grumium (Xi Draconis) on the Dragon's chin

        > --->Lesath (Lambda Scorpii)
        >
        > --->Shaula (Upsilon Scorpii)
        >
        > --->Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

        attacking, being audacious

        (also, Lesath and Shaula, at the Scorpion's stinger; the Stingray
        Nebula--Steve Irwin)

        > Ceres
        >
        >--->*Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        >--->*Hole In A Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

        the death of Steve Irwin

        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

        having to do with conservation?

        > Pallas
        >
        > Ramo (95 Herculis; marks the obsolete constellation Ramo, the Branch,
        > which some pictorial maps show Hercules holding in his hand)

        something used as a club

        > *Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis, the closest thing we have on Earth
        > to a South Star at this time)
        >
        > Polarissima Australis (NGC 2573 Octantis, a galaxy
        > even closer to the south celestial pole than Polaris
        > Australis)

        a struggle to maintain one's moral compass

        > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
        > constellation Taurus Poniatovii [Poniatovski's Bull]
        > along with 68 and 69 Ophiuchi)

        wavering

        > Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarii)

        taking aim at something, something that hits home

        > Spiculum (M-8, M-20, M-21 Sagittarii; M-8 and M-20 are
        > nicknamed the Lagoon Nebula and the Trifid Nebula,
        > respectively; M-21 is an open cluster)

        blindness

        > Red Spider Nebula (NGC 6537 Sagittarii)

        a "web" or network that inflames (secret prisons, or something on the
        Internet?)

        > *Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii)

        school starting with snack food, fast food and soda pop taken out?

        > DZ Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

        > Juno
        >
        > *Theta Antliae (in Antlia the Air Pump)

        taking your breath away, or over-inflated (Bush's treatment of the
        fundamental taboos against secret prisons and torture)

        > *Leo II (UGC 6253 Leonis, a dwarf spheroidal galaxy which is one of
        > the nearest to our own)

        "Power never takes a back step--only in the face of more
        power."--Malcolm X

        > Vesta
        >
        > *Broken Engagement Ring (an asterism in Ursa Major, south of 43 Ursae
        > Majoris, midway between Phekda [Beta Ursae Majoris, in the Big Dipper]
        > and Phi Ursae Majoris)

        any high-profile broken engagements during the week of September 3-9?

        > Chiron
        >
        > *Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        >
        > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
        >

        > North Node
        >
        > Matar (Eta Pegasi)
        >
        > Sadalbari (Mu Pegasi)
        >
        > *Stephan's Quintet (a group of galaxies dominated by NGC 7317
        > northwest of Pi Pegasi near the Lacerta border)
        >

        > South Node
        >
        > Cor Caroli (Alpha Canum Venaticorum)
        >
        > Copula (M-51 Canum Venaticorum; aka the Whirlpool
        > Galaxy)
        >
        > *Sunflower Galaxy (M-63 Canum Venaticorum)

        heliotropism ("turning toward the sun"): avoiding the darkness (or
        wanting to believe that everything is okay when it isn't) (like about
        Iraq?)

        > T Leonis (cataclysmic variable)

        if a lion wants to stand up on his hind legs, he needs to have solid
        ground underneath his feet, and to have nothing wrong with his feet.
        (The US military? The war against terrorism?)