Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star motions

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi Arthyr,

      Thanks!--and yes, there's nothing like non-theoretical demonstrations of scientific principles to re-connect one with the planet!  When things like your stair adventure happen, I just remind myself that if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

      Trish

      In a message dated 9/1/2006 1:38:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, awc99@... writes:
      Hi Trish,
      Ya know, I did that once on an outside set of stairs. . . with the stairs passing me by at the same rate of speed the stars were, in that brief moment, the theory of
      relativity became very clear. . . (Great response BTW)

      Arthyr
      Laying in my lawnchair the other night watching them, one of the chair's supports gave way suddenly (it's rusted and difficult to "lock" in place) and those stars moved REALLY fast then ... couldn't say that speed was "average" though.   Average from the perspective of that chair maybe.
      Trish