Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Moon occultations with Antares - 1900 to 2000

  • Astro Logos
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
      Hi Mark

      I am currently working on an article for our next edition of the newsletter,
      which goes out (hopefully) this weekend. Its a free newsletter sent out by
      email and if you go to www.zyntara.com you can add your name to the
      subscriber list.

      To be honest I am only just pulling my thoughts together on this subject,
      indeed with most aspects of visual astrology (apart from parans between
      stars and planets) we have nothing but a few bits of clay tablets to try and
      reconstruct the subject, so the newsletter is an attempt to at least bring
      the information to the awareness of astrologers so we can all start to think
      about its symbolism.

      Occultations do have meaning and there are some interesting examples but as
      I said I am still trying to understand them myself.

      Enjoy the ephemeris. What I think I might do is put a page up on our web
      site with the Moon's occults of the four or five bright stars that she can
      occult. If I get that done I will put a note on this forum.

      Bye for now

      Bernadette Brady
      www.astrologos.co.uk

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
        Hi Martina

        I know that Mars was not being occultated by the Moon, nor do I believe that
        Mars occultated a star ( I could be wrong as there are many stars and
        technically minor occultations happen every day). But a planet to a star
        occultation would be hard to see and only last for a few seconds, where as
        occultations of the moon (to a bright star) are far more obvious and last
        for about one hour.

        There was an occultation on the 10th of Sept - but as I said to Mark I am
        still working on this area and will put my thoughts into the newsletter.

        Anyway enjoy the ephemeris I have put it here for others to also do their
        own research.

        cheers

        Bernadette Brady
        www.AstroLogos.co.uk

        > I believe it "focuses" the energy more strongly-
        > Vaguely remember a Mars occulting something ghastly with
        > the 9-11 disasters,.. er what???
        > Martina

      • Martina
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
          Hi Bernadette,... thankyou!!,.......
          still trying to get a handle on this star stuff,.. because its so way out
          there,
          I think I'm having problems with how it works,.... (lines up, etc,..)
          Wish I could remember where I read that,.. but of course I don't,..
          I the time I went eyahhhhhh! (but it was a star,....)
          I was more interested in asteroids at the time,..
          the list of OOB asteroids was pretty telling.
          "Time" is killing me right now,.. hoping it clears up a bit
          for some better looks myself!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
            --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:
            > Hi Mark
            What I think I might do is put
            > a page up on our web
            > site with the Moon's occults of the four or five
            > bright stars that she can
            > occult. If I get that done I will put a note on this
            > forum.

            Sounds good.

            (BTW: I had to start mowing my yard again this year;
            it took me three evenings in a row after work starting
            Monday evening. I've got a big yard infested with
            fast-growing bahia grass from the adjacent cow
            pasture. By the time I was through I had over a
            hundred messages in my inbox that had to be looked
            at.)

            There's an option with this group to create a web site
            for it. Maybe we can put the post on that, too.

            This web site wouldn't be very flashy; it would be
            kind of like mine, I think. I'm trained to do HTML
            programming and also have some training, though not
            much experience, in Microsoft Word web design, and I
            hope to find out how to use Flash and the other
            applications web designers use to jazz up their web
            sites someday, though I don't know when that will be.

            http://personals.yahoo.com