Re: Fixed star motions answered

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1 5:10 PM
      You're welcome, I was trying to figure out different stars rates of
      movement not long ago for purpose of figureing out when they changed
      signs and used that page, that's when i was noticing they didn't all
      have same rate of motion, I think it may be due more to their
      longitude? closer to the poles and would seem to precess faster than
      closer to the ecliptic/equator I think?

      MissB aka Beth

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2 5:04 AM
        Hi Arthyr,

        Thanks!--and yes, there's nothing like non-theoretical demonstrations of scientific principles to re-connect one with the planet!  When things like your stair adventure happen, I just remind myself that if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

        Trish

        In a message dated 9/1/2006 1:38:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, awc99@... writes:
        Hi Trish,
        Ya know, I did that once on an outside set of stairs. . . with the stairs passing me by at the same rate of speed the stars were, in that brief moment, the theory of
        relativity became very clear. . . (Great response BTW)

        Arthyr
        Laying in my lawnchair the other night watching them, one of the chair's supports gave way suddenly (it's rusted and difficult to "lock" in place) and those stars moved REALLY fast then ... couldn't say that speed was "average" though.   Average from the perspective of that chair maybe.
        Trish