Re: Moon occultations with Antares - 1900 to 2000

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astro Logos" <office@a...> wrote:
      > Here are last century's occultations with Antares

      Since I was born in 1963, I've got the Moon aligned with, but not
      occulting, Antares.

      Would the Moon occulting Antares indicate an "eclipsing" or "hiding"
      of Antares energy? Anybody?

      Mark A. Holmes

      > 1953 Mar 08 s
      > 1953 Apr 04 n 1953 May 01 n 1953 May 28 n 1953 Jun 25 n
      > 1953 Jul 22 n
      > 1953 Aug 18 n 1953 Sep 15 n 1953 Oct 12 n 1953 Nov 08 n
      > 1953 Dec 06 n
      > 1954 Jan 02 n 1954 Jan 29 n 1954 Feb 26 n 1954 Mar 25 n
      >
      > 1967 Sep 10 n 1967 Oct 07 n 1967 Nov 04 n 1967 Dec 01 n
      > 1967 Dec 29 n
    • Martina
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
        I believe it "focuses" the energy more strongly-
        Vaguely remember a Mars occulting something ghastly with
        the 9-11 disasters,.. er what???
        Martina
        > > Here are last century's occultations with Antares
        > >

        > Since I was born in 1963, I've got the Moon aligned with, but not
        > occulting, Antares.
        >
        > Would the Moon occulting Antares indicate an "eclipsing" or "hiding"
        > of Antares energy? Anybody?
        >
        > Mark A. Holmes
        >

        > > 1953 Mar 08 s
        > > 1953 Apr 04 n 1953 May 01 n 1953 May 28 n 1953 Jun 25 n
        > > 1953 Jul 22 n
        > > 1953 Aug 18 n 1953 Sep 15 n 1953 Oct 12 n 1953 Nov 08 n
        > > 1953 Dec 06 n
        > > 1954 Jan 02 n 1954 Jan 29 n 1954 Feb 26 n 1954 Mar 25 n
        > >
        > > 1967 Sep 10 n 1967 Oct 07 n 1967 Nov 04 n 1967 Dec 01 n
        > > 1967 Dec 29 n
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Astro Logos
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
          Hi Mark

          I am currently working on an article for our next edition of the newsletter,
          which goes out (hopefully) this weekend. Its a free newsletter sent out by
          email and if you go to www.zyntara.com you can add your name to the
          subscriber list.

          To be honest I am only just pulling my thoughts together on this subject,
          indeed with most aspects of visual astrology (apart from parans between
          stars and planets) we have nothing but a few bits of clay tablets to try and
          reconstruct the subject, so the newsletter is an attempt to at least bring
          the information to the awareness of astrologers so we can all start to think
          about its symbolism.

          Occultations do have meaning and there are some interesting examples but as
          I said I am still trying to understand them myself.

          Enjoy the ephemeris. What I think I might do is put a page up on our web
          site with the Moon's occults of the four or five bright stars that she can
          occult. If I get that done I will put a note on this forum.

          Bye for now

          Bernadette Brady
          www.astrologos.co.uk

          >> Here are last century's occultations with Antares
          >>

          > Since I was born in 1963, I've got the Moon aligned with, but not
          > occulting, Antares.
          >
          > Would the Moon occulting Antares indicate an "eclipsing" or "hiding"
          > of Antares energy? Anybody?
          >
          > Mark A. Holmes
          >

          >> 1953 Mar 08 s
          >> 1953 Apr 04 n 1953 May 01 n 1953 May 28 n 1953 Jun 25 n
          >> 1953 Jul 22 n
          >> 1953 Aug 18 n 1953 Sep 15 n 1953 Oct 12 n 1953 Nov 08 n
          >> 1953 Dec 06 n
          >> 1954 Jan 02 n 1954 Jan 29 n 1954 Feb 26 n 1954 Mar 25 n
          >>
          >> 1967 Sep 10 n 1967 Oct 07 n 1967 Nov 04 n 1967 Dec 01 n
          >> 1967 Dec 29 n
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Astro Logos
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
            Hi Martina

            I know that Mars was not being occultated by the Moon, nor do I believe that
            Mars occultated a star ( I could be wrong as there are many stars and
            technically minor occultations happen every day). But a planet to a star
            occultation would be hard to see and only last for a few seconds, where as
            occultations of the moon (to a bright star) are far more obvious and last
            for about one hour.

            There was an occultation on the 10th of Sept - but as I said to Mark I am
            still working on this area and will put my thoughts into the newsletter.

            Anyway enjoy the ephemeris I have put it here for others to also do their
            own research.

            cheers

            Bernadette Brady
            www.AstroLogos.co.uk

            > I believe it "focuses" the energy more strongly-
            > Vaguely remember a Mars occulting something ghastly with
            > the 9-11 disasters,.. er what???
            > Martina

          • Martina
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
              Hi Bernadette,... thankyou!!,.......
              still trying to get a handle on this star stuff,.. because its so way out
              there,
              I think I'm having problems with how it works,.... (lines up, etc,..)
              Wish I could remember where I read that,.. but of course I don't,..
              I the time I went eyahhhhhh! (but it was a star,....)
              I was more interested in asteroids at the time,..
              the list of OOB asteroids was pretty telling.
              "Time" is killing me right now,.. hoping it clears up a bit
              for some better looks myself!!!

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 6, 2005
                --- Astro Logos <office@...> wrote:
                > Hi Mark
                What I think I might do is put
                > a page up on our web
                > site with the Moon's occults of the four or five
                > bright stars that she can
                > occult. If I get that done I will put a note on this
                > forum.

                Sounds good.

                (BTW: I had to start mowing my yard again this year;
                it took me three evenings in a row after work starting
                Monday evening. I've got a big yard infested with
                fast-growing bahia grass from the adjacent cow
                pasture. By the time I was through I had over a
                hundred messages in my inbox that had to be looked
                at.)

                There's an option with this group to create a web site
                for it. Maybe we can put the post on that, too.

                This web site wouldn't be very flashy; it would be
                kind of like mine, I think. I'm trained to do HTML
                programming and also have some training, though not
                much experience, in Microsoft Word web design, and I
                hope to find out how to use Flash and the other
                applications web designers use to jazz up their web
                sites someday, though I don't know when that will be.

                http://personals.yahoo.com