Re: Fixed star alignments (July 23, 2006)

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2006

      )

      > *Rijl al Awwa (Mu Virginis)

      Grass, brush and forest fires and danger of fires?

      > Saturn
      >

      > *AK Carinae (cataclysmic variable)

      AK Cancri, that is. Having to do with Alaska?

      > *Acubens (Alpha Cancri)
      >
      > *Kocab (Beta Ursae Minoris)

      Al-Zarqawi's death hasn't changed all that much--in fact, the violence
      in Iraq has gotten worse--and now Israel has attacked Lebanon over the
      kidnapping of Israeli soldiers also.

      > Pluto
      >

      > Choo (Alpha Arae)
      >
      > Beta Arae
      >
      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > Alpha Mensae
      >
      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Trying to keep one's sheep in line? (Bush's people trying to pull his
      political fortunes out of the fire.)

      > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      >
      > Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      Being "nuts" or having the "balls" to attack? (This object is located
      in the Scorpion's stinger.)

      > Ceres
      >

      >--->*Sadalsuud (Beta Aquarii)
      >
      > Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
      >
      >--->*Deneb Algedi (Delta Capricorni)

      Andrea Yates found not guilty by reason of insanity

      > *Kitalpha (Alpha Equulei; in Equuleus the Foal)

      Maybe JK Rowling will decide to kill off Harry Potter?

      > Pallas
      >

      >--->*Kaus Medius (Delta Sagittarii)
      >
      >--->Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)
      >
      >--->*Polis (Mu Sagittarii)
      >
      >--->*Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii)
      >
      >--->*Little Star Cloud (M-24 Sagittarii)

      (in front of the Archer's face?)

      The Democrats are "taking aim" at regaining control of Congress. I
      think the Tour de France was going on at this time, too.

      > *Eagle Nebula (M-16 Serpentis [in Serpens Cauda]; also
      > known as the Star Queen Nebula)

      The ACLU helping the infamous Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka
      challenge Missouri's law against protesting at funerals. (Contrary to
      what some believe, the ACLU's positions and clients are not always
      liberal. Here is one example of that.)

      > Alpha Telescopii (in Telescopium the Telescope)

      Leading up to the Kansas primary election in which a number of
      anti-evolution members of the state board of education were rendered
      lame ducks by candidates favoring correct teaching of evolution theory
      in science classes. I'm sure a lot of people in Kansas are embarrassed
      by this mess.

      > Juno
      >

      > *Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)

      tracking something through or in the forest (figuratively?)

      > Vesta

      > *Alpha Pictoris (in Pictor the Easel)

      a dedication to being accurately depicted?

      > *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis; in Pyxis the Compass; marking
      > the obsolete constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship
      > Argo)

      getting to the bottom of that cruise ship accident in which the ship
      abruptly tipped over?