Re: Fixed star alignments (July 16, 2006)

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006

      > > As of noon CDT.
      > >

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > --->Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)
      > >
      > > --->HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      under close scrutiny (because of wrongdoing?)

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > --->*Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > --->*Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)

      taking aim at something? threats to the state or society?

      > > --->*Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii; aka Horseshoe Nebula,
      > > Swan Nebula)
      > >
      > > --->*Alpha Telescopii

      trying to figure out how something will turn out?

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > --->*Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; a star
      > > whose proper
      > > motion is taking it out of the Milky Way Galaxy at an
      > > extraordinary
      > > speed)

      focus on laws being passed targeting illegal aliens?

      > > --->*RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      Having to do with rail safety?

      > > --->*Naos (Zeta Puppis)
      > >
      > > --->*CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > --->*Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
      > >
      > > --->*Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

      trying to take command or control? (the Democrats? the Islamists in
      Somalia? Lopez Obrador and his followers in Mexico?)

      > > Vesta
      > >
      > >--->*Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      trying to see in the dark?

      > >--->*Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
      > >
      > >--->*Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)
      > >
      > >--->*Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
      > >
      > >--->*Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)

      dedication to cruelty and destruction?

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > --->Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      Gay marriage under attack?

      > > --->Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

      the Andrea Yates case?

      > > North Node
      > >

      > >--->*Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
      > > dominated by NGC 7331)
      >
      > feeding wild animals? (any incidents involving wild animals?)

      At an elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, someone working with one of the
      residents, an Asian elephant named Winkie, was killed. Winkie, like
      many of the other elephants at the sanctuary, has a history of
      aggressive behavior; she was sent there from a zoo in Wisconsin after
      picking up a rep for being dangerous. Fortunately, she was not euthanized.

      > >--->Testudo (30 Piscium; marks the obsolete constellation
      > > Testudo [the
      > > Turtle])
      >
      > In some mythologies, the world is held up by a giant turtle.

      Those who support global civilization being reminded of their
      obligation to do so?

      > > South Node
      > >

      > >--->*Labrum (Delta Crateris)

      Having to do with how we deal with the mentally ill charged with
      crimes (like Andrea Yates?)

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
        Locating objects in the constellations they're in may aid in their
        interpretation.

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Jupiter
        >
        > QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)

        About halfway between Theta Centauri and Omicron-2 Centauri, kind of
        west of Foramen (Eta Carinae).

        > NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

        In Serpens Caput, near the Bootes border, about two-thirds of the way
        from Iota Serpentis to Omega Bootis.

        > Saturn
        >

        > HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

        South of Rho Puppis and west of 1 and 3 Puppis.

        HS Puppis, which has also been aspected lately, is in the same general
        area of the figure (high on Argo's Poop Deck), about halfway between
        Pi and Rho Puppis and southwest of 3 Puppis.

        > Uranus
        >
        > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

        Very close to 63 Cygni (inside the Horseshoe?)

        (a golden arch?)

        > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

        About halfway between 72 and 74 Cygni, northwest of Tau Cygni on the
        back edge of the Swan's left wing (I think).

        > The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
        > north of Deneb)

        > Neptune

        > HR Delphini

        Very close to Rotanev (Beta Delphini).

        > IL Vulpeculae

        About halfway between 28 and 29 Vulpeculae (in one of the Fox's hind
        legs?)

        > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

        East of 23 Vulpeculae and not far from the Cygnus border, (I think) on
        or above the Fox's back.

        LU and LV Vulpeculae, other novae which have been aspected recently,
        are both halfway between 15 Vulpeculae and Albireo (Beta Cygni), above
        the Fox's head (I think) and sort of to the right of the Swan's.

        > Pluto

        > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

        East of Kappa Pegasi near the Scorpion's stinger.

        > Pallas
        >
        > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

        east of Iota Herculis, near the Lyra border

        > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
        > 1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
        > Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)

        Close to the Lyra border, northeast of Theta Herculis and northwest of
        Mu Lyrae (which is closer).

        > Juno

        > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

        Southeast of Alpha Pictoris, near the place where the boundaries of
        Pictor, Dorado and Mensa converge.

        > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

        About halfway between Naos and Beta Pyxidis, near the point where the
        boundaries of Puppis, Pyxis and Vela converge (jn the Ship's rigging?)

        > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

        Tania Borealis and Tania Australis (which is also being aspected) are
        near the Leo Minor border in (I think) one of the Great Bear's forepaws.

        KS Ursae Majoris, a nova which has been aspected recently, is
        southwest of Merak and southeast of Phi Ursae Majoris (which is
        closer), I think on the Great Bear's back thigh.

        > Vesta
        >
        > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

        South of Omega Draconis and about halfway between Delta and Zeta
        Draconis on the Dragon's body.

        )

        > North Node
        >
        > Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
        >
        > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
        > southeast of Pi-2 Cygni

        and Azelfafage

        >near the border with Lacerta)

        On or around the Swan's tail.

        > *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
        > dominated by NGC 7331)

        This and Stephan's Quintet, another galaxy group which has been
        aspected recently, are north of Matar (Eta Pegasi), not far from the
        border with Lacerta.

        > South Node
        >

        > *Ross 128 (Virginis; a nearby star)

        Southwest of Zavijava, about halfway between it and Upsilon Leonis,
        near the Leo border.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006

          > Locating objects in the constellations they're in may aid in their
          > interpretation.

          > > As of noon CDT.
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >
          > > QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > About halfway between Theta Centauri and Omicron-2 Centauri, kind
          of
          > west of Foramen (Eta Carinae).

          Right behind the Ship and Centaurus's back.

          > > NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > In Serpens Caput, near the Bootes border, about two-thirds of the
          way
          > from Iota Serpentis to Omega Bootis.

          Above the Snake's head and near Bootes' right hand.

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > South of Rho Puppis and west of 1 and 3 Puppis.
          >
          > HS Puppis, which has also been aspected lately, is in the same
          general
          > area of the figure (high on Argo's Poop Deck), about halfway
          between
          > Pi and Rho Puppis and southwest of 3 Puppis.
          >

          > > Uranus
          > >
          > > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
          >
          > Very close to 63 Cygni (inside the Horseshoe?)
          >
          > (a golden arch?)
          >

          > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
          >
          > About halfway between 72 and 74 Cygni, northwest of Tau Cygni on
          the
          > back edge of the Swan's left wing (I think).
          >

          > > The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
          > > north of Deneb)
          >

          > > Neptune
          >

          > > HR Delphini
          >

          > Very close to Rotanev (Beta Delphini).
          >

          > > IL Vulpeculae
          >
          > About halfway between 28 and 29 Vulpeculae (in one of the Fox's
          hind
          > legs?)
          >

          > > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
          >
          > East of 23 Vulpeculae and not far from the Cygnus border, (I
          think) on
          > or above the Fox's back.
          >
          > LU and LV Vulpeculae, other novae which have been aspected
          recently,
          > are both halfway between 15 Vulpeculae and Albireo (Beta Cygni),
          above
          > the Fox's head (I think) and sort of to the right of the Swan's.
          >

          > > Pluto
          >

          > > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
          > >

          > East of Kappa Pegasi near the Scorpion's stinger.
          >

          > > Pallas
          > >
          > > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > east of Iota Herculis, near the Lyra border

          To the left of Hercules' left ankle

          > > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
          > > 1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
          > > Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)
          >

          > Close to the Lyra border, northeast of Theta Herculis and
          northwest of
          > Mu Lyrae (which is closer).

          To the left of Hercules' left knee.

          > > Juno
          >

          > > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Southeast of Alpha Pictoris, near the place where the boundaries of
          > Pictor, Dorado and Mensa converge.
          >

          > > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
          > >
          > > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > About halfway between Naos and Beta Pyxidis, near the point where
          the
          > boundaries of Puppis, Pyxis and Vela converge (jn the Ship's
          rigging?)

          > > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
          > >
          > > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > Tania Borealis and Tania Australis (which is also being aspected)
          are
          > near the Leo Minor border in (I think) one of the Great Bear's
          forepaws.

          > KS Ursae Majoris, a nova which has been aspected recently, is
          > southwest of Merak and southeast of Phi Ursae Majoris (which is
          > closer), I think on the Great Bear's back thigh.
          >

          > > Vesta
          > >
          > > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
          >
          > South of Omega Draconis and about halfway between Delta and Zeta
          > Draconis on the Dragon's body.
          >

          > )
          > >

          > > North Node
          > >
          > > Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
          > >
          > > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
          > > southeast of Pi-2 Cygni
          >
          > and Azelfafage
          >

          > >near the border with Lacerta)
          >
          > On or around the Swan's tail.
          >

          > > *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
          > > dominated by NGC 7331)
          >

          > This and Stephan's Quintet, another galaxy group which has been
          > aspected recently, are north of Matar (Eta Pegasi), not far from
          the
          > border with Lacerta.

          Almost underneath Pegasus' hooves.

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > *Ross 128 (Virginis; a nearby star)
          > >

          > Southwest of Zavijava, about halfway between it and Upsilon Leonis,
          > near the Leo border.

          Just above the Virgin's left shoulder (or below the Lion's right
          hind paw).