Fixed star alignments (July 16, 2006)

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15, 2006
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
      week ago today.

      Jupiter

      QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)

      Omega Centauri (NGC 5139, a very bright globular
      cluster)

      Nusakan (Beta Coronae Borealis)

      Noctua (Pi Hydrae, in the Sea-Serpent's tail; also
      marks the obsolete
      constellation Noctua, the Night-Owl)

      NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

      Saturn

      Minchir (Sigma Hydrae, in the Sea Serpent's head)

      Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)

      HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

      The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
      north of Deneb)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      Neptune

      The Red Necked Emu (29 Cygni and other stars in
      Cygnus's body said to
      describe the outline of an emu)

      HR Delphini

      IL Vulpeculae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Choo (Alpha Arae)

      Beta Arae

      Grumium (Xi Draconis)

      Alpha Mensae

      Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)

      *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

      Ceres

      *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)

      Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii)

      Kuh (Mu Capricorni)

      Sador (Gamma Cygni)

      Pallas

      *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
      1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
      Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)

      *Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)

      *Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)

      *Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii; aka Horseshoe Nebula,
      Swan Nebula)

      *Alpha Telescopii

      Juno

      *Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; a star
      whose proper
      motion is taking it out of the Milky Way Galaxy at an
      extraordinary
      speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      *Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)

      *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

      Vesta

      *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

      *Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      *Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

      *Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)

      *Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)

      Chiron

      Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      Youe (Psi Capricorni)

      Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

      Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus knob on
      Microscopium the
      Microscope or the obsolete constellation Globus
      Aerostaticus [The
      Hot-Air Balloon])

      Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

      North Node

      Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)

      *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
      southeast of Pi-2 Cygni, near the border with Lacerta)

      *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
      dominated by NGC 7331)

      Testudo (30 Piscium; marks the obsolete constellation
      Testudo [the
      Turtle])

      South Node

      *The Mice (NGC 4676 Comae Berenices; a pair of
      colliding galaxies north of 31 Comae Berenices)

      *Labrum (Delta Crateris)

      *Benetnash (aka Alkaid; Eta Ursae Majoris)

      Zavijava (Beta Virginis)

      *Ross 128 (Virginis; a nearby star)

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 24, 2006

        > As of noon CDT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a
        > week ago today.
        >

        > Jupiter
        >
        >----> QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Omega Centauri (NGC 5139, a very bright globular
        > cluster)
        >
        > --->Nusakan (Beta Coronae Borealis)
        >
        > Noctua (Pi Hydrae, in the Sea-Serpent's tail; also
        > marks the obsolete
        > constellation Noctua, the Night-Owl)
        >
        > --->NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

        Blackouts in New York City...

        > Saturn
        >
        > --->Minchir (Sigma Hydrae, in the Sea Serpent's head)

        *Snakes On A Plane* is all the talk right now

        > Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)
        >
        > HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Uranus
        >
        >---> Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
        >
        >--->Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

        Chicago's City Council wants to pass laws outlawing certain types of
        fat in cooking. (How about just full disclosure?)

        > The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
        > north of Deneb)
        >
        > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
        >
        > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
        >

        > Neptune
        >
        > The Red Necked Emu (29 Cygni and other stars in
        > Cygnus's body said to
        > describe the outline of an emu)
        >
        > HR Delphini
        >
        > IL Vulpeculae
        >
        > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >
        > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        >
        > Beta Arae
        >
        > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
        >
        > Alpha Mensae
        >
        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
        >
        > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
        >
        > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

        Let me try and figure out this one...

        > Ceres
        >
        > *Bunda (Xi Aquarii)
        >
        > Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii)
        >
        > Kuh (Mu Capricorni)
        >
        > Sador (Gamma Cygni)
        >

        > Pallas
        >
        > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
        > 1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
        > Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)
        >
        > *Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii; aka Horseshoe Nebula,
        > Swan Nebula)
        >
        > *Alpha Telescopii
        >

        > Juno
        >
        > *Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; a star
        > whose proper
        > motion is taking it out of the Milky Way Galaxy at an
        > extraordinary
        > speed)
        >
        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        >
        > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
        >

        > Vesta
        >
        > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
        >
        > *Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
        >
        > *Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)
        >
        > *Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)
        >

        > Chiron
        >
        > Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)
        >
        > Youe (Psi Capricorni)
        >
        > Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)
        >
        > Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus knob on
        > Microscopium the
        > Microscope or the obsolete constellation Globus
        > Aerostaticus [The
        > Hot-Air Balloon])
        >
        > Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)
        >

        > North Node
        >
        > Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
        >
        >--->*Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
        > southeast of Pi-2 Cygni, near the border with Lacerta)

        Bush's veto of the stem-cell research bill?

        > *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
        > dominated by NGC 7331)

        feeding wild animals? (any incidents involving wild animals?)

        >--->Testudo (30 Piscium; marks the obsolete constellation
        > Testudo [the
        > Turtle])

        In some mythologies, the world is held up by a giant turtle.

        > South Node
        >
        > *The Mice (NGC 4676 Comae Berenices; a pair of
        > colliding galaxies north of 31 Comae Berenices)
        >
        > *Labrum (Delta Crateris)
        >
        >--->*Benetnash (aka Alkaid; Eta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        >--->Zavijava (Beta Virginis)

        Israel's invasion of Lebanon?

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 26, 2006
          roflmao! had a personal turtle experience yesterday, woke up at 5 am,
          there was noise in my room, but the Dog was peacefully sleeping on
          the end of the bed, cat on the extra pillow, no one alarmed, what the
          heck? I turned on my bedside table and peered over the side of the
          bed.... our backyard turtle had snuck in the house at some point in
          the day and was hanging out... I suppose because it was cooler? but
          it just cracked me up, escorted him back outside. in all the years
          he's lived out there, that was a first. at least he brightened my
          otherwise dull day! MissB

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 26, 2006
            LOL

            Maybe you've got a progressed planet aligned with
            Testudo right now?

            Mark A. HOlmes

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 26, 2006
              whats the exact location of that one? MissB

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 27, 2006
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                > whats the exact location of that one? MissB

                We're talking about 30 Piscium. I'm using this star to
                represent the obsolete constellation Testudo (there
                are a number of stars involved in that pattern).
                We've already seen, in an earlier thread, how Kappa
                Pyxidis can have an influence suggesting the obsolete
                constellation Malus (the Mast of the Ship Argo); I
                think Gamma Pyxidis can also represent it.

                Anyway, 30 Piscium.

                http://www.alcyone.de/cgi-bin/search.pl?object=HR9089

                2000 right ascension and declination:

                RA: 0h 1min 57.6sec DEC: -6° 0' 51''

                I've got 28 Pisces 09 for it at this time.

                Mark A. Holmes

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006

                  > > As of noon CDT.
                  > >

                  > > Saturn
                  > >

                  > > --->Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)
                  > >
                  > > --->HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

                  under close scrutiny (because of wrongdoing?)

                  > > Pallas
                  > >

                  > > --->*Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)
                  > >
                  > > --->*Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)

                  taking aim at something? threats to the state or society?

                  > > --->*Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii; aka Horseshoe Nebula,
                  > > Swan Nebula)
                  > >
                  > > --->*Alpha Telescopii

                  trying to figure out how something will turn out?

                  > > Juno
                  > >
                  > > --->*Outcast Star (SDSS J090745.0+024507 Hydrae; a star
                  > > whose proper
                  > > motion is taking it out of the Milky Way Galaxy at an
                  > > extraordinary
                  > > speed)

                  focus on laws being passed targeting illegal aliens?

                  > > --->*RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

                  Having to do with rail safety?

                  > > --->*Naos (Zeta Puppis)
                  > >
                  > > --->*CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
                  > >
                  > > --->*Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
                  > >
                  > > --->*Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

                  trying to take command or control? (the Democrats? the Islamists in
                  Somalia? Lopez Obrador and his followers in Mexico?)

                  > > Vesta
                  > >
                  > >--->*Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

                  trying to see in the dark?

                  > >--->*Ras Elased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
                  > >
                  > >--->*Ras Elased Borealis (Mu Leonis)
                  > >
                  > >--->*Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
                  > >
                  > >--->*Pherkad (Gamma Ursae Minoris)

                  dedication to cruelty and destruction?

                  > > Chiron
                  > >
                  > > --->Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

                  Gay marriage under attack?

                  > > --->Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

                  the Andrea Yates case?

                  > > North Node
                  > >

                  > >--->*Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
                  > > dominated by NGC 7331)
                  >
                  > feeding wild animals? (any incidents involving wild animals?)

                  At an elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, someone working with one of the
                  residents, an Asian elephant named Winkie, was killed. Winkie, like
                  many of the other elephants at the sanctuary, has a history of
                  aggressive behavior; she was sent there from a zoo in Wisconsin after
                  picking up a rep for being dangerous. Fortunately, she was not euthanized.

                  > >--->Testudo (30 Piscium; marks the obsolete constellation
                  > > Testudo [the
                  > > Turtle])
                  >
                  > In some mythologies, the world is held up by a giant turtle.

                  Those who support global civilization being reminded of their
                  obligation to do so?

                  > > South Node
                  > >

                  > >--->*Labrum (Delta Crateris)

                  Having to do with how we deal with the mentally ill charged with
                  crimes (like Andrea Yates?)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
                    Locating objects in the constellations they're in may aid in their
                    interpretation.

                    > As of noon CDT.
                    >

                    > Jupiter
                    >
                    > QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)

                    About halfway between Theta Centauri and Omicron-2 Centauri, kind of
                    west of Foramen (Eta Carinae).

                    > NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)

                    In Serpens Caput, near the Bootes border, about two-thirds of the way
                    from Iota Serpentis to Omega Bootis.

                    > Saturn
                    >

                    > HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

                    South of Rho Puppis and west of 1 and 3 Puppis.

                    HS Puppis, which has also been aspected lately, is in the same general
                    area of the figure (high on Argo's Poop Deck), about halfway between
                    Pi and Rho Puppis and southwest of 3 Puppis.

                    > Uranus
                    >
                    > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

                    Very close to 63 Cygni (inside the Horseshoe?)

                    (a golden arch?)

                    > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

                    About halfway between 72 and 74 Cygni, northwest of Tau Cygni on the
                    back edge of the Swan's left wing (I think).

                    > The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
                    > north of Deneb)

                    > Neptune

                    > HR Delphini

                    Very close to Rotanev (Beta Delphini).

                    > IL Vulpeculae

                    About halfway between 28 and 29 Vulpeculae (in one of the Fox's hind
                    legs?)

                    > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

                    East of 23 Vulpeculae and not far from the Cygnus border, (I think) on
                    or above the Fox's back.

                    LU and LV Vulpeculae, other novae which have been aspected recently,
                    are both halfway between 15 Vulpeculae and Albireo (Beta Cygni), above
                    the Fox's head (I think) and sort of to the right of the Swan's.

                    > Pluto

                    > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)

                    East of Kappa Pegasi near the Scorpion's stinger.

                    > Pallas
                    >
                    > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)

                    east of Iota Herculis, near the Lyra border

                    > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
                    > 1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
                    > Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)

                    Close to the Lyra border, northeast of Theta Herculis and northwest of
                    Mu Lyrae (which is closer).

                    > Juno

                    > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

                    Southeast of Alpha Pictoris, near the place where the boundaries of
                    Pictor, Dorado and Mensa converge.

                    > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
                    >
                    > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

                    About halfway between Naos and Beta Pyxidis, near the point where the
                    boundaries of Puppis, Pyxis and Vela converge (jn the Ship's rigging?)

                    > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
                    >
                    > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

                    Tania Borealis and Tania Australis (which is also being aspected) are
                    near the Leo Minor border in (I think) one of the Great Bear's forepaws.

                    KS Ursae Majoris, a nova which has been aspected recently, is
                    southwest of Merak and southeast of Phi Ursae Majoris (which is
                    closer), I think on the Great Bear's back thigh.

                    > Vesta
                    >
                    > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)

                    South of Omega Draconis and about halfway between Delta and Zeta
                    Draconis on the Dragon's body.

                    )

                    > North Node
                    >
                    > Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
                    >
                    > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
                    > southeast of Pi-2 Cygni

                    and Azelfafage

                    >near the border with Lacerta)

                    On or around the Swan's tail.

                    > *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
                    > dominated by NGC 7331)

                    This and Stephan's Quintet, another galaxy group which has been
                    aspected recently, are north of Matar (Eta Pegasi), not far from the
                    border with Lacerta.

                    > South Node
                    >

                    > *Ross 128 (Virginis; a nearby star)

                    Southwest of Zavijava, about halfway between it and Upsilon Leonis,
                    near the Leo border.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006

                      > Locating objects in the constellations they're in may aid in their
                      > interpretation.

                      > > As of noon CDT.
                      > >

                      > > Jupiter
                      > >
                      > > QU Carinae (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > About halfway between Theta Centauri and Omicron-2 Centauri, kind
                      of
                      > west of Foramen (Eta Carinae).

                      Right behind the Ship and Centaurus's back.

                      > > NY Serpentis (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > In Serpens Caput, near the Bootes border, about two-thirds of the
                      way
                      > from Iota Serpentis to Omega Bootis.

                      Above the Snake's head and near Bootes' right hand.

                      > > Saturn
                      > >

                      > > HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
                      >

                      > South of Rho Puppis and west of 1 and 3 Puppis.
                      >
                      > HS Puppis, which has also been aspected lately, is in the same
                      general
                      > area of the figure (high on Argo's Poop Deck), about halfway
                      between
                      > Pi and Rho Puppis and southwest of 3 Puppis.
                      >

                      > > Uranus
                      > >
                      > > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
                      >
                      > Very close to 63 Cygni (inside the Horseshoe?)
                      >
                      > (a golden arch?)
                      >

                      > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
                      >
                      > About halfway between 72 and 74 Cygni, northwest of Tau Cygni on
                      the
                      > back edge of the Swan's left wing (I think).
                      >

                      > > The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus
                      > > north of Deneb)
                      >

                      > > Neptune
                      >

                      > > HR Delphini
                      >

                      > Very close to Rotanev (Beta Delphini).
                      >

                      > > IL Vulpeculae
                      >
                      > About halfway between 28 and 29 Vulpeculae (in one of the Fox's
                      hind
                      > legs?)
                      >

                      > > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
                      >
                      > East of 23 Vulpeculae and not far from the Cygnus border, (I
                      think) on
                      > or above the Fox's back.
                      >
                      > LU and LV Vulpeculae, other novae which have been aspected
                      recently,
                      > are both halfway between 15 Vulpeculae and Albireo (Beta Cygni),
                      above
                      > the Fox's head (I think) and sort of to the right of the Swan's.
                      >

                      > > Pluto
                      >

                      > > *Walnut Nebula (IRAS 17245-3951 Scorpii)
                      > >

                      > East of Kappa Pegasi near the Scorpion's stinger.
                      >

                      > > Pallas
                      > >
                      > > *DQ Herculis (cataclysmic variable)
                      > >

                      > east of Iota Herculis, near the Lyra border

                      To the left of Hercules' left ankle

                      > > *Dahlgren's Star (V533 Herculis, aka Nova Herculis
                      > > 1963; cataclysmic variable discovered in 1963 by
                      > > Swedish astronomer Elis Dahlgren)
                      >

                      > Close to the Lyra border, northeast of Theta Herculis and
                      northwest of
                      > Mu Lyrae (which is closer).

                      To the left of Hercules' left knee.

                      > > Juno
                      >

                      > > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
                      >
                      > Southeast of Alpha Pictoris, near the place where the boundaries of
                      > Pictor, Dorado and Mensa converge.
                      >

                      > > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)
                      > >
                      > > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
                      >

                      > About halfway between Naos and Beta Pyxidis, near the point where
                      the
                      > boundaries of Puppis, Pyxis and Vela converge (jn the Ship's
                      rigging?)

                      > > *Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
                      > >
                      > > *Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
                      >
                      > Tania Borealis and Tania Australis (which is also being aspected)
                      are
                      > near the Leo Minor border in (I think) one of the Great Bear's
                      forepaws.

                      > KS Ursae Majoris, a nova which has been aspected recently, is
                      > southwest of Merak and southeast of Phi Ursae Majoris (which is
                      > closer), I think on the Great Bear's back thigh.
                      >

                      > > Vesta
                      > >
                      > > *Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
                      >
                      > South of Omega Draconis and about halfway between Delta and Zeta
                      > Draconis on the Dragon's body.
                      >

                      > )
                      > >

                      > > North Node
                      > >
                      > > Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)
                      > >
                      > > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni; a planetary nebula
                      > > southeast of Pi-2 Cygni
                      >
                      > and Azelfafage
                      >

                      > >near the border with Lacerta)
                      >
                      > On or around the Swan's tail.
                      >

                      > > *Deer Lick Group (group of galaxies in Pegasus
                      > > dominated by NGC 7331)
                      >

                      > This and Stephan's Quintet, another galaxy group which has been
                      > aspected recently, are north of Matar (Eta Pegasi), not far from
                      the
                      > border with Lacerta.

                      Almost underneath Pegasus' hooves.

                      > > South Node
                      > >

                      > > *Ross 128 (Virginis; a nearby star)
                      > >

                      > Southwest of Zavijava, about halfway between it and Upsilon Leonis,
                      > near the Leo border.

                      Just above the Virgin's left shoulder (or below the Lion's right
                      hind paw).