Re: Lyonshall L & L

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2006
      <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Cal sent
      >
      > 1b. Cannibal attack
      > Posted by: "Astrocalypse" astrocalypse@... astrocalypse
      > Date: Fri Jul 7, 2006 11:32 pm (PDT)
      >
      > Lyonshall is a tiny little village near the Welsh border, even astro.com
      > hasn't got it on their map. I think the nearest town is Hereford.

      http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&sll=52.837585,-2.63789&sspn=1.576224

      ,3.746338&saddr=hereford&daddr=Lyonshall,+Hereford+and+Worcester,+HR5+%4052.
      > 194403,-2.970593&ie=UTF8&om=1
      >
      > Thank you, Cal - looks like Lyonshall is about 53N20, 2W40, at a rough
      > guess.

      More like 52N12/2W59, maybe? I can't tell if this location is on the
      England side of the Welsh border or in Wales.

      http://www.fallingrain.com/world/UK/0/Lyonshall.html

      What you can't find in the ACS atlases you can often find on this web
      site, BTW.

      Mark A. Holmes
    • Astrocalypse
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2006

        Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 12:16 AM

        .
        More like 52N12/2W59, maybe? I can't tell if this location is on the
        England side of the Welsh border or in Wales.

        http://www.fallingr ain.com/world/ UK/0/Lyonshall. html

        _,_._,___

        Ahhha, well done Mark.

        Hereford is in England, a lesson I learnt well from watching My Fair Lady too many times :-P.

        Cal

      • Astrocalypse
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2006

          Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:50 PM

          .
          Thank you, Cal - looks like Lyonshall is about 53N20, 2W40, at a rough guess.

          Can you keep a lookout to see whether there are any mre news items about this
          (extraordinary!) event? Especially if any more details about date, time etc are
          given.

          Yes, Diana, I will certainly look out for further news reports, especially after the court appearance next Tuesday.  Also this was reported only in the 'tabloids' and I suspect few if any of the 'broad sheets' paper in the U.K. reported it.  Would be very interested to see how he behaves during his custody since it is most unlikely that a special mask has been put on him like Hannibal Lector at this stage!!

          Another bizarre feature about this is that the migrants population tends to stick to London area.  Why on earth has he gone to such a remote area and picked on this poor chap is anybody's guess!

          Bernadette lives in or near Bristol, I wonder if she has more in depth news reporting on this with the local newspapers there.  Would be so fascinating to see both the birth charts.

          Cal