Re: Fixed star alignments (June 25, 2006)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006

      > As of noon CDT.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there last week (with a 1
      > 00' orb).
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
      >
      > *Giansar (Lambda Draconis)

      "a poisoned place" (Guant`anamo) where immoral and illegal activities
      are carried on that the Supreme Court has now said are such

      > *OJ 287 (Cancri, a blazar [gamma-ray pulsar])

      > *HS Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      "his"? "hiss"?

      > Pluto
      >

      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      >
      > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Alpha Mensae
      >
      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi; the nickname Iron Star comes from its
      > extraordinarily high iron content)
      >
      > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > *Beta Arae (the lucida, or brightest star, of Ara the Altar)

      the worldly power of religion brought into focus?

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Nunki (Sigma Sagittarii)

      conflicts within the Anglican Church?

      > *Delta Scuti

      the Mexican presidential elections?

      > *Ross 154 (Sagittarii, one of the closest stars to Earth)

      let me see if I can figure this one out

      > Juno
      >

      > *Asellus Australis (Delta Cancri)
      >
      > *OJ 287 (Cancri)
      >
      > *YY Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      things happening to fire up human-rights activists worldwide

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Lynx (Alpha Lyncis, the lucida of Lynx the Lynx, a 3rd-magnitude star
      > in the Lynx's head)

      dedicated to close scrutiny, close scrutiny requiring keen sight (the
      media in their role as watchdogs)

      > *Minchir (Sigma Hydrae)

      I think this is in Hydra the Sea-Monster's head...

      > *HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      "hzzzz" (a buzzer--something's over, something's been done
      incorrectly, someone's here)

      > South Node
      >

      > *Markeb (Kappa Velorum)

      Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt continuing to travel (and Al Gore?)

      > Asellus Tertius (Kappa Bootis)
      >
      > *Alpha Sextantis (the lucida of Sextans the Sextant)

      Al Gore's documentary about global warming, *An Inconvenient Truth*,
      has won a number of awards.

      > *Pinwheel Galaxy (M-99 Comae Berenices; near 6 Comae Berenices)

      Propeller beanies? These can symbolize not playing with a full deck,
      as they say.

      > *Wild's Triplet (Arp 248 Virginis; a trio of galaxies near the Crater
      > border northwest of Theta Crateris, about halfway between it and Eta
      > Virginis [Zaniah])

      something wild or extraordinary (the soccer World Cup going on in
      Germany)?