Fixed star alignments (July 2, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate fixed star alignments that weren't there last week
      (with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Nusakan (Beta Coronae Borealis)

      Noctua (Pi Hydrae, in the Sea-Serpent's tail; also marks the obsolete
      constellation Noctua, the Night-Owl)

      Omega Centauri (NGC 5139, a very bright globular cluster)

      NY Serpentis

      QU Carinae (cataclysmic variables)

      Saturn

      *Minchir (Sigma Hydrae)

      Giansar (Lambda Draconis; the "poisoned place")

      OJ 287 (Cancri, a blazar [gamma-ray pulsar])

      HS Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

      The Horseshoe (a star pattern near 63 Cygni, in Cygnus north of Deneb)

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      RU Horologii (a cataclysmic variable)

      Neptune

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      The Red Necked Emu (29 Cygni and other stars in Cygnus's body said to
      describe the outline of an emu)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      HR Delphini

      IL Vulpeculae

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

      Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)

      *Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii; it and Shaula are very close together on
      Scorpius' stinger and are treated as the same in influence)

      Sargas (Theta Scorpii; on the end of Scorpius' tail just above the
      stinger)

      Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi; the name means "the shepherd's dog")

      Alpha Mensae (on the top of Mensa the Table Mountain)

      Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi; the nickname Iron Star comes from its
      extraordinarily high iron content)

      Grumium (Xi Draconis; on Draco the Dragon's jaw)

      Beta Arae (the lucida, or brightest star, of Ara the Altar)

      Choo (Alpha Arae)
      (this was on the page I posted about a few days ago; it was aligned
      with Pluto last week; the name is apparently Chinese for "staff,"
      "club," or "pestle")

      Ceres

      Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini, marking the heart of Piscis
      Austrinus the Southern Fish, which Robson says is similar to Pisces in
      influence but "augments the fortunes.")

      *Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii; north of Beta Aquarii)

      Pallas

      *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

      *Alpha Scuti

      *AM Herculis (cataclysmic variable, like the next three:)

      *AQ Mensae

      *FH Serpentis

      *FV Scuti

      Juno

      *Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)

      *AK Cancri (cataclysmic variable)

      *HZ Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Vesta

      *Dubhe (Alpha Ursae Majoris)

      *Al Minliar al Asad (Kappa Leonis)

      *Manzana Nebula (NeVe 3-3 Puppis, northwest of Zeta Puppis)

      *GY Cancri (cataclysmic variable, like the next three:)

      *CT Hydrae

      *IY Ursae Majoris

      *KS Ursae Majoris

      Chiron

      Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus knob on Microscopium the
      Microscope or the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [The
      Hot-Air Balloon])

      Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      *Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

      WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      Scheat (Beta Pegasi)

      *Testudo (30 Piscium; marks the obsolete constellation Testudo [the
      Turtle])

      *Azelfafage (Pi-1 Cygni)

      IP Pegasi (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      Markeb (Kappa Velorum)

      Alpha Sextantis (the brightest star, or lucida, of Sextans the Sextant)

      Pinwheel Galaxy (M-99 Comae Berenices; near 6 Comae Berenices)

      Wild's Triplet (Arp 248 Virginis; a trio of galaxies near the Crater
      border northwest of Theta Crateris, about halfway between it and Eta
      Virginis [Zaniah])

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006

        > As of noon CDT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate fixed star alignments that weren't there [the
        week before]
        > (with a 1 00' orb).
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > *Minchir (Sigma Hydrae)

        something that "bites"

        > Giansar (Lambda Draconis; the "poisoned place")

        where something nasty (like a cannibalistic home-invasion attack or a
        mass murder and rape) happened?

        > OJ 287 (Cancri, a blazar [gamma-ray pulsar])
        >
        > HS Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

        "hiss", "his"

        Supporters of Andres Miguel Lopez Obrador in Mexico have taken to the
        streets in protest against Felipe Calderon's apparent victory in the
        Mexican presidential election, and a former US soldier is charged with
        invading a woman's home, raping her, and killing her and her family
        while he was serving in Iraq.

        > Pluto
        >

        > Choo (Alpha Arae)
        > (this was on the page I posted about a few days ago; it was aligned
        > with Pluto last week; the name is apparently Chinese for "staff,"
        > "club," or "pestle")

        Pounding something in or down (the US election coming up? the Mexican
        election, in which Roberto Madrazo, the presidential candidate of the
        once-totally-dominant PRI, finished third, way behind AMLO and Calderon?)

        > Ceres
        >
        > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini, marking the heart of Piscis
        > Austrinus the Southern Fish, which Robson says is similar to Pisces in
        > influence but "augments the fortunes.")

        the heart or the gills? I thought it was the heart.

        > Pallas
        >
        > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)
        >
        > *Alpha Scuti

        shielded from something? (Because Ken Lay died while appealing his
        conviction, chances are his conviction will be voided by the courts.
        There's a feeling that people were cheated out of justice by the Grim
        Reaper here and the conspiracy theories are already being spun:)

        > *AM Herculis

        as in (AM) talk radio?

        (cataclysmic variable, like the next three:)

        > *AQ Mensae

        "a cue"(?)

        > *FV Scuti

        "fave" (?)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2006

          > > As of noon CDT.
          > >
          > > Asterisks indicate fixed star alignments that weren't there [the
          > week before]
          > > (with a 1 00' orb).
          > >

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > *Minchir (Sigma Hydrae)
          >
          > something that "bites"

          reality?

          > > Giansar (Lambda Draconis; the "poisoned place")
          >
          > where something nasty (like a cannibalistic home-invasion attack or a
          > mass murder and rape) happened?
          >

          > > OJ 287 (Cancri, a blazar [gamma-ray pulsar])

          some kind of prompting to something higher (there have been a good
          many stories lately about the religious left making a comeback in the US)

          > > HS Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > "hiss", "his"
          >
          > Supporters of Andres Miguel Lopez Obrador in Mexico have taken to the
          > streets in protest against Felipe Calderon's apparent victory in the
          > Mexican presidential election, and a former US soldier is charged with
          > invading a woman's home, raping her, and killing her and her family
          > while he was serving in Iraq.
          >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Choo (Alpha Arae)
          > > (this was on the page I posted about a few days ago; it was aligned
          > > with Pluto last week; the name is apparently Chinese for "staff,"
          > > "club," or "pestle")
          >
          > Pounding something in or down (the US election coming up? the Mexican
          > election, in which Roberto Madrazo, the presidential candidate of the
          > once-totally-dominant PRI, finished third, way behind AMLO and
          Calderon?)

          > > Ceres
          > >
          > > Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini, marking the heart of Piscis
          > > Austrinus the Southern Fish, which Robson says is similar to Pisces in
          > > influence but "augments the fortunes.")
          >
          > the heart or the gills? I thought it was the heart.

          close enough, maybe?

          > > Pallas
          > >
          > > *Alathfar (Mu Lyrae)

          where your hands go when you hold a lyre (playing somebody or
          something like a violin?)

          > > *Alpha Scuti
          >
          > shielded from something? (Because Ken Lay died while appealing his
          > conviction, chances are his conviction will be voided by the courts.
          > There's a feeling that people were cheated out of justice by the Grim
          > Reaper here and the conspiracy theories are already being spun:)
          >

          > > *AM Herculis
          >
          > as in (AM) talk radio?

          conspiracy theories, ranting and raving

          > (cataclysmic variable, like the next three:)
          > >
          > > *AQ Mensae
          >
          > "a cue"(?)

          time to go do something (maybe an execution or a summit meeting)

          > > *FV Scuti
          >
          > "fave" (?)

          The Emmy Award nominations announced...