odd question

    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 14, 2006
      If you could have Regulus on any one of your house cusps, which would
      you prefer? at first i was thinking ten, adn then I rethought it a bit
      and thought maybe 2? dunno, but it occurs to me that it could be one
      of those reasons tis advantageous to move?? I've been thinking of
      moving and wondering how ti will affect my income if I do...

      Just a thought.

      MissB
    • Martina
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 14, 2006
        Natally I have Regulus on the 4th house cusp conj Jup and Pluto.
        Can't say it's done anything for me. Thats a pretty powerful lineup- you'd
        think.

        Martina
      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
          I have heard that having planets tied in with Regulus do not necessarily
          promise wealth (ie Jupiter on this star), but it ca be "living like a King".
          Living like a king and being wealthy are two very different things.
          As you all know, I am not good with stars, but it would seem that Regulus
          could be an abundance of something in the same terms as Jupiter, though
          perhaps a little bit friendlier. So where in life would you like to be
          overly abundant? That becomes a simple personal question of the individual.
          So there's my answer. Personally, I would like Regulus on my North Node-- a
          rich destiny, where rich is not necessarily money, but seen through the
          individual's eyes of accomplishment. That is one of my big goals in life--
          to accomplish.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
            Yup, one which I would be surprised if it doesnt hlep you in some way.
            Everyone I've known who has regulus prominent in their chart has
            openly benefited from it. So it seems you'd be benefited from either
            home, real estate, father or ancestors in some way.

            Beth

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
              somehow I think the 7th or 5th, I"ve never had a good happy solid
              love life. sigh... someday my prince with come... yeah right...
              sigh,

              MissB

              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
              <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

              > I have heard that having planets tied in with Regulus do not
              necessarily
              > promise wealth (ie Jupiter on this star), but it ca be "living
              like a King".
              > Living like a king and being wealthy are two very different
              things.
              > As you all know, I am not good with stars, but it would seem that
              Regulus
              > could be an abundance of something in the same terms as Jupiter,
              though
              > perhaps a little bit friendlier. So where in life would you like
              to be
              > overly abundant? That becomes a simple personal question of the
              individual.
              > So there's my answer. Personally, I would like Regulus on my
              North Node-- a
              > rich destiny, where rich is not necessarily money, but seen
              through the
              > individual's eyes of accomplishment. That is one of my big goals
              in life--
              > to accomplish.
              >

              > >From: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>
              > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [thefixedstars] odd question
              > >Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:08:48 -0000
              > >
              > >If you could have Regulus on any one of your house cusps, which
              would
              > >you prefer? at first i was thinking ten, adn then I rethought it
              a bit
              > >and thought maybe 2? dunno, but it occurs to me that it could be
              one
              > >of those reasons tis advantageous to move?? I've been thinking of
              > >moving and wondering how ti will affect my income if I do...
              > >
              > >Just a thought.
              > >
              > >MissB

            • Shawhouse
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                Both of my son's have Regulus in the 9th house. Son #1 has it conjunct
                his Mars. Son #2 has it conjunct his Mercury. My husband, with Mercury
                at 27+ Leo also has a conjunction, but its in his 12th house. He is a
                brilliant writer, whether lyrics, screenplays or short stories. He's
                never sold anything. But, he manages to entertain me and his friends.
                So, I think you need more than just Regulus to give you what you seem to
                be looking for. By the way, Son #1 is a very successful film editor
                (9th house) and Son #2 seems to be interested in being a sporting event
                cameraman, but he's still in college. Still, he operates the camera for
                the college football team, travels (9th house) with them also.
                Diana

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                  <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

                  > I have heard that having planets tied in with Regulus do not
                  necessarily
                  > promise wealth (ie Jupiter on this star), but it ca be "living
                  like a King".
                  > Living like a king and being wealthy are two very different
                  things.
                  > As you all know, I am not good with stars, but it would seem that
                  Regulus
                  > could be an abundance of something in the same terms as Jupiter,
                  though
                  > perhaps a little bit friendlier. So where in life would you like
                  to be
                  > overly abundant? That becomes a simple personal question of the
                  individual.
                  > So there's my answer. Personally, I would like Regulus on my
                  North Node-- a
                  > rich destiny, where rich is not necessarily money, but seen
                  through the
                  > individual's eyes of accomplishment. That is one of my big goals
                  in life--
                  > to accomplish.

                  I think Regulus' benefits may be conditioned on not being vengeful.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Both of my son's have Regulus in the 9th house. Son #1 has it
                    conjunct
                    > his Mars. Son #2 has it conjunct his Mercury. My husband, with
                    Mercury
                    > at 27+ Leo also has a conjunction, but its in his 12th house. He
                    is a
                    > brilliant writer, whether lyrics, screenplays or short stories.
                    He's
                    > never sold anything. But, he manages to entertain me and his
                    friends.
                    > So, I think you need more than just Regulus to give you what you
                    seem to
                    > be looking for. By the way, Son #1 is a very successful film
                    editor
                    > (9th house) and Son #2 seems to be interested in being a sporting
                    event
                    > cameraman, but he's still in college. Still, he operates the
                    camera for
                    > the college football team, travels (9th house) with them also.
                    > Diana

                    Regulus falls into my 4th house, and I don't have it conjunct with
                    or aligned with anything. Elatus is the closest to it in my chart,
                    and it's not going to align with Regulus by secondary progression in
                    my lifetime, but I have had the Sun aligned with it by converse
                    secondary progression. It did seem to grant benefit conditioned on
                    leaving resentment behind.

                    Mark A. Holmes
                  • PeterKecskés
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                      What do you think of Regulus conj. 6th house cusp ?
                      All the beasts Peter Kecskés

                      --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:

                      > Natally I have Regulus on the 4th house cusp conj
                      > Jup and Pluto.
                      > Can't say it's done anything for me. Thats a pretty
                      > powerful lineup- you'd
                      > think.
                      >
                      > Martina

                    • Arthyr
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                        Hi,

                        Any planet (or star for that matter) in the 12th house is locked in
                        and need a way out of its imprisonment. Any Ptolmaic aspect will do that -
                        trines and sextiles make it easier and of course squares and oppositions
                        difficult but nevertheless even the tough aspects offer salvation in this
                        case. When something progresses to aspect that Jupiter/Regulus position, I
                        would imagine that would be a great time to see if his work could be
                        published.

                        best wishes,
                        Arthyr

                        <SNIP>
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                          benefit to health? from employees? from service?

                          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Peter "Kecskés"

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                            One of the reasons I was asking is because I was looking at an
                            opportunity on the East Coast and when i relocated my natal chart to
                            that place, it put regulus conjunct my MC almost exact... made me go
                            HMMMMMMMMMM, I didn't like some of the other relocations, but that
                            was interesting.

                            MissB

                            <terminusen@...> wrote:

                            > What do you think of Regulus conj. 6th house cusp ?
                            > All the beasts Peter Kecskés
                            >
                            > --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > Natally I have Regulus on the 4th house cusp conj
                            > > Jup and Pluto.
                            > > Can't say it's done anything for me. Thats a pretty
                            > > powerful lineup- you'd
                            > > think.
                            > >
                            > > Martina

                            > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • Shawhouse
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                              Are you looked up to as a mentor? Are you a superb worker? Steven
                              Forrest sees the 6th as representing the Uncle/Mentor. Do you have a
                              regal someone who has counseled you in ways a parent can't?
                              Diana

                              Peter Kecskés wrote:

                              > What do you think of Regulus conj. 6th house cusp ?
                              > All the beasts Peter Kecskés
                              >
                              > --- Martina <merskine2@... <mailto:merskine2%40sympatico.ca>>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > > Natally I have Regulus on the 4th house cusp conj
                              > > Jup and Pluto.
                              > > Can't say it's done anything for me. Thats a pretty
                              > > powerful lineup- you'd
                              > > think.
                              > >
                              > > Martina

                            • Martina
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                                Well, I do own a house, not bought till age 40.
                                An old church that was a wreck and still needs fixes
                                10 years later. Jup-Pluto,.. house is in upheaval
                                most of the time (renovations, sometimes work from home, or sometimes too
                                busy!) Oh,.. lotta books. (transformation by learning)
                                This is a good case for the other aspects interfering I think.
                                Sq and opp everything! <g> So no to ancestors (they are a mystery, even just
                                as far back as the grandparents), yes to Dad I guess- an encouraging man, as
                                for real estate- not the best end in town. I do like my house though, and it
                                does fit in a bizarre way being an ex-church. In a weird way it has its own
                                bit of "fame",.. people are always telling us stories of getting married
                                here, or going away to war parties for the local boys,... etc. This place is
                                thought of fondly by the neighbours, they used to show movies on Saturday
                                afternoons in the basement to the kids and give them weenie-beanies or a
                                barbeque,.... It was a Baptist church (very plain) but everyone came, no
                                matter what their affiliation. We bought the place because it was full of
                                good vibes,... certainly not much else at that point,.. poor old wreck!!
                                (yes, my partner and I are completely nuts.)

                                So you have to ask yourself,.. where in your chart isn't getting hit
                                through other hard aspects? Or maybe there is something else to Regulus,....
                                nope, I'm not vengeful Mark,.. though circumstances can get me steamed!! I
                                can see that getting pretty sticky with Pluto there!!

                                Peter,.. I'm not sure I'd want having Regulus on the 6th H cusp,
                                but thats just because mine's packed. A friend said that the 6th can be a
                                house
                                of "slavery" and not just "service" ha!! Truer words never spoken! Assuming
                                its okay for you, maybe service to something really high up? "the Best" at
                                what you do?

                                Derek,... I don't see NN as destiny, but the Nodes sure kick in as "other
                                people", so I'm not sure there would be benefit to having it there,.. other
                                than maybe meeting the "rich and famous",.. which could be fun and maybe
                                help a career, but not quite the way you'd think. I certainly don't live
                                like a king! heh,.. though I have the tastes of one!! Hee,.. don't we all?

                                Ms,... maybe having Regulus on the 7th would be more about being in the
                                public eye because of a partner,... so maybe you aren't missin' too much!!
                                Might be okay if he's a movie star, but what if he were a politician?? Not
                                so fun. Uh,.. in the 5th,.. that MIGHT be fun,... but what if fame comes
                                from having quintuplets?? oooh. Breaking the bank in Las Vegas though,.. a
                                different story!! MC as the place you meet the world (not just a job) sounds
                                pretty good though. Only other place I'd think would be real benefit might
                                be Sun. Happy is part of fortune, I think. Or "what makes you happy". Not
                                that I can quite figure mine out though.

                                Martina
                              • sisterbellabee@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 15, 2006
                                  Hi Martina,

                                  Did you say your Jupiter/Pluto conjunct Regulus is on the 4th cusp?  Mine is on the midheaven at birth.  We have an old house too, one everyone in town thinks is special and belongs to them, sometimes strangers knock on my door because they have fond memories of it.  Yes, lots of rennovations, even in the other houses I've lived in, especially plumbing things, I usually have to fix/redo/repair alot, especially bathrooms in four different houses over the years.  The house we live in now is not an old church, but sorta like a museum, because of a navy officer who lived here years ago.  The basement has lots of old nautical and battleship memorabelia and is outfitted to look like your are in a ship.

                                  And a funny thing, the navy officer was a ham radio guy and he hosted a lot of families during WWII, to speak to their son's through his radio equipment.  He had a lot of parties and social events too.  It is a big old house, 80 years old, once upon a time one of the biggest houses in town.

                                  I no longer live where I was born, the relocated midheaven about 40 degrees earlier so Regulus with Jupiter/Pluto are in the 11 house for this location.

                                  Sincerely, Sherri

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 16, 2006
                                    You know if you work with the positive side of Jupiter it brings out
                                    the best in every planet, I suspect that Jupiter conj Pluto on 4th
                                    is a good place for rejuevenating old homes, old knowledge, family
                                    knowledge, etc.

                                    On tenth I would think that it would tranform treasures into higher
                                    social status, the house you describe seems to be full of Treasure,
                                    the nautical theme is interesting.

                                    MissB

                                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, sisterbellabee@... wrote:

                                    > Hi Martina,
                                    >
                                    > Did you say your Jupiter/Pluto conjunct Regulus is on the 4th
                                    cusp? Mine is
                                    > on the midheaven at birth. We have an old house too, one
                                    everyone in town
                                    > thinks is special and belongs to them, sometimes strangers knock
                                    on my door
                                    > because they have fond memories of it. Yes, lots of
                                    rennovations, even in the
                                    > other houses I've lived in, especially plumbing things, I usually
                                    have to
                                    > fix/redo/repair alot, especially bathrooms in four different
                                    houses over the
                                    > years. The house we live in now is not an old church, but sorta
                                    like a museum,
                                    > because of a navy officer who lived here years ago. The basement
                                    has lots of
                                    > old nautical and battleship memorabelia and is outfitted to look
                                    like your
                                    > are in a ship.
                                    >
                                    > And a funny thing, the navy officer was a ham radio guy and he
                                    hosted a lot
                                    > of families during WWII, to speak to their son's through his
                                    radio equipment.
                                    > He had a lot of parties and social events too. It is a big old
                                    house, 80
                                    > years old, once upon a time one of the biggest houses in town.
                                    >
                                    > I no longer live where I was born, the relocated midheaven about
                                    40 degrees
                                    > earlier so Regulus with Jupiter/Pluto are in the 11 house for
                                    this location.

                                    > Sincerely, Sherri
                                    >
                                    > In a message dated 06/15/2006 8:50:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                                    > merskine2@... writes:
                                    >

                                    > Well, I do own a house, not bought till age 40.
                                    > An old church that was a wreck and still needs fixes
                                    > 10 years later. Jup-Pluto,.. house is in upheaval
                                    > most of the time (renovations, sometimes work from home, or
                                    sometimes too
                                    > busy!) Oh,.. lotta books. (transformation by learning)
                                    > This is a good case for the other aspects interfering I think.
                                    > Sq and opp everything! <g> So no to ancestors (they are a
                                    mystery, even just
                                    > as far back as the grandparents)as far back as the grandparents)
                                    <WBR>, yes to

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 16, 2006
                                      Hi Sherri!
                                      Well your house sounds more interesting than mine!! This place had nothing- no neat woodwork, no stained glass windows, no cool stuff left behind. But yes, we get people knocking on the door saying they were married here, etc. Amazing how many people get disappointed we took out the pews (duh,.. its a HOUSE now!) We put a small above ground pool in the back because it gets blistering hot here in the summer,... it was a matter of great glee to the neighbours that we gave the church a new dunking pool! :-)
                                      Its the Pluto that causes all the renovations,.. I don't mind, there are always worse ways for Pluto to play out!!
                                      I don't think it matters that you aren't in the same location- that natal MC will still always go "hot" by transits, progs etc. Just living in another place gives you a secondary MC,.. just more to check for personal hits!

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 16, 2006
                                        In a way, in certain things - someone regarding me as
                                        a mentor. I think my astrological counseling can be
                                        seen as authorative, in a good sense, for those who
                                        came to me for doing their charts, Love Peter

                                        --- Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                                        > Are you looked up to as a mentor? Are you a superb
                                        > worker? Steven
                                        > Forrest sees the 6th as representing the
                                        > Uncle/Mentor. Do you have a
                                        > regal someone who has counseled you in ways a parent
                                        > can't?
                                        > Diana
                                        >
                                        > Peter Kecskés wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > What do you think of Regulus conj. 6th house cusp
                                        > ?
                                        > > All the beasts Peter Kecskés
                                        > >
                                        > > --- Martina <merskine2@...
                                        > <mailto:merskine2%40sympatico.ca>>
                                        > > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > > Natally I have Regulus on the 4th house cusp
                                        > conj
                                        > > > Jup and Pluto.
                                        > > > Can't say it's done anything for me. Thats a
                                        > pretty
                                        > > > powerful lineup- you'd
                                        > > > think.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Martina

                                        > protection around
                                        > > http://mail.yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com>

                                      • Derek Reveres
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 5 1:14 AM
                                          Hey all, was just wondering, I have a list of several stars with their
                                          positions as of 2000. However, I was born in 1980 and want to see what
                                          stars might have been aligned with my planets at the time. How much
                                          precession/correction do I subtract to find the old positions?
                                        • jb12jb
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 5 1:31 AM
                                            There you go.
                                            You will have to figure out the names yourself.

                                            Jim

                                            1980 Mag = 0 and 1

                                            ALP PER 01 48 GEM
                                            ALP TAU 09 31 GEM
                                            BET ORI 16 33 GEM
                                            GAM ORI 20 40 GEM
                                            ALP AUR 21 35 GEM
                                            BET TAU 22 18 GEM
                                            EPS ORI 23 11 GEM
                                            ALP ORI 28 29 GEM
                                            GAM GEM 08 50 CAN
                                            ALP CMA 13 48 CAN
                                            ALP CAR 14 41 CAN
                                            EPS CMA 20 29 CAN
                                            BET GEM 22 56 CAN
                                            DEL CMA 23 07 CAN
                                            ALP CMI 25 31 CAN
                                            ALP UMA 14 55 LEO
                                            ALP LEO 29 33 LEO
                                            EPS UMA 08 40 VIR
                                            EPS CAR 22 51 VIR
                                            ETA UMA 26 40 VIR
                                            ALP VIR 23 34 LIB
                                            ALP BOO 23 58 LIB
                                            BET CAR 01 41 SCO
                                            GAM CRU 06 28 SCO
                                            BET CRU 11 22 SCO
                                            ALP CRU 11 35 SCO
                                            BET CEN 23 31 SCO
                                            ALP CEN 29 12 SCO
                                            ALP SCO 09 29 SAG
                                            ALP TRA 20 37 SAG
                                            LAM SCO 24 19 SAG
                                            EPS SGR 04 48 CAP
                                            ALP LYR 15 02 CAP
                                            ALP AQL 01 30 AQU
                                            ALP PSA 03 35 PIS
                                            ALP CYG 05 03 PIS
                                            ALP ERI 15 02 PIS

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 5 2:21 AM
                                              Looks like on average I have about 15-20 minutes for each... so not much of
                                              a difference
                                              Thanks!!

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 5 3:00 AM
                                                --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

                                                > Hey all, was just wondering, I have a list of
                                                > several stars with their
                                                > positions as of 2000. However, I was born in 1980
                                                > and want to see what
                                                > stars might have been aligned with my planets at the
                                                > time. How much
                                                > precession/correction do I subtract to find the old
                                                > positions?

                                                I think chart-calculating programs like SolarFire will
                                                calculate fixed-star positions for a given year
                                                automatically. So you could maybe set up a chart for
                                                midnight on January 1, 2000 (your choice of locations)
                                                and look up the position of, say, Antares and you'd
                                                have Antares' position for epoch 2000.0. Then you
                                                could use the edit feature (in SolarFire, that's
                                                Chart, Edit Chart) to change the chart to midnight on
                                                January 1, 1980 to find the Antares position for epoch
                                                1980.0, and subtract that from the epoch 2000.0
                                                position and you'd have the difference.