  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006

      Mark sent:
      Native Americans recorded supernova explosion
      Posted by: "mahtezcatpoc@..." mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
      Wed Jun 7, 2006 12:53 pm (PST)
      Your friend thought you should see this article on NewScientistSpace.com today.

      Follow the link below for the full story:

      Native Americans recorded supernova explosion
      http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9273

      Their message:
      This may be of interest.--Mark A. Holmes

      NewScientistSpace.com is the new website from New Scientist, the world's biggest science and technology news resource. NewScientistSpace.com brings you the latest news and discoveries from the universe around us. Prepare to be amazed - visit NewScientistSpace.com today.

      ==============================
      Thank you Mark, but boy-oh-boy, if an astrologer had made this
      claim they would be all over him/her with sneers; for one thing
      the supernova wasn't in the Scorpion, it was well to the southwest of him, in
      Lupus - radio source PKS 1559-41 is considered the probable remnant - position
      for 2000.0: RA 15 02.4, Dec -42 06 which puts it in Lupus, near Beta Lupi.
      25 Scorpio 25 08.
      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
        --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
        wrote:

        > Mark sent:
        > Native Americans recorded supernova explosion

        <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJyb2tpNGoxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE0Nj

        c5MDEzBGdycHNwSWQDMTYwMDA4MjY4NgRtc2dJZAMxOTI4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW

        1lAzExNDk3NzA4OTU-;_ylg=1/SIG=11tlv9rps/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/th
        > efixedstars/message/1928>
        > Posted by: "mahtezcatpoc@..."
        > mahtezcatpoc@...
        > <mailto:mahtezcatpoc@...?Subject=Re: Native
        > Americans recorded
        > supernova explosion> mahtezcatpoc
        > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/mahtezcatpoc>
        > Wed Jun 7, 2006 12:53 pm (PST)
        > Your friend thought you should see this article on
        > NewScientistSpace.com
        > today.
        >
        > Follow the link below for the full story:
        >
        > Native Americans recorded supernova explosion
        > http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/dn9273
        >
        > Their message:
        > This may be of interest.--Mark A. Holmes
        >
        > NewScientistSpace.com is the new website from New
        > Scientist, the world's
        > biggest science and technology news resource.
        > NewScientistSpace.com brings
        > you the latest news and discoveries from the
        > universe around us. Prepare to
        > be amazed - visit NewScientistSpace.com today.
        > ==============================
        > Thank you Mark, but boy-oh-boy, if an astrologer had
        > made this
        > claim they would be all over him/her with sneers;

        ...more proof (to their minds) that we don't care
        about facts or are weak-minded or both. Yes.

        > for one thing
        > the supernova wasn't in the Scorpion, it was well to
        > the southwest of him,
        > in
        > Lupus - radio source PKS 1559-41 is considered the
        > probable remnant -
        > position
        > for 2000.0: RA 15 02.4, Dec -42 06 which puts it in
        > Lupus, near Beta Lupi.
        > 25 Scorpio 25 08.
        > Love, Diana

        I think I might have that in my files. I'll look in a
        while.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006

          > --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > the supernova wasn't in the Scorpion, it was well to
          > > the southwest of him,
          > > in
          > > Lupus - radio source PKS 1559-41 is considered the
          > > probable remnant -
          > > position
          > > for 2000.0: RA 15 02.4, Dec -42 06 which puts it in
          > > Lupus, near Beta Lupi.
          > > 25 Scorpio 25 08.
          > > Love, Diana
          >

          > I think I might have that in my files. I'll look in a
          > while.

          Yeah, I've got it in the Novae menu, as Bin Ridwan's Star (after Ali
          Bin Ridwan, an Egyptian astronomer who described it).

          Thanks for the coordinates.