RE: [thefixedstars] The year 2012

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 4, 2006
      Wow, that article was absolutely fascinating to read. Thank you for
      providing this!!

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 4, 2006
        2000 would actually be the end of the old century, the new century
        would be 2001. well if you are using base 10 years anyway.

        and new century for whom, I mean you really need tp put it perspective
        I would think, else its just a date and reflects what is going on at
        the moment, I would think???

        MissB

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
        <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

        > stars into new signs----- Original Message -----
        > From: Martina
        >
        > Hmmm. Anyone tried using the Century charts as a baseline for
        events?? Or is that just dumb?
        > Martina
        >

        > Hmmm. I guess the Century chart IS a birth chart. Like all birth
        charts, rarely do they manifest the 'natal promises' straight away.
        So, I guess prediction based on it is possible. As in all Mundane
        charts, progression to fixed stars is certainly one of the first
        things to watch out for sure !

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 4, 2006
          WEll the family theory at my house is that it was a government
          sponsored Project and they ran out of funding when they got to 2012,
          so they said "the end"

          Not ot mention, life may have started to get exciting for them at
          that time, so to speak and they may have had their personal survivla
          a bit more in mind than doing further work on the calendar.

          well just a couple of thoughts, well one more... just how far into
          the future do you think an astrologer ought to look? I mean really
          coherant answers start to blur after a while. Look at Nostrodamus
          predictions, the further away from his time they went the more fuzzy
          and variable they become.

          okay enough smart alec remarks from me. MissB

          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
          wrote:

          > >Regulus is the last royal star in a fixed sign, and will be
          mutable in 2012

          > I'm not so much into the New Age scene, but here again we have the
          number
          > 2012 showing up. What an interesting year that is going to be.
          > While we are on the subject-- and don't think I'm a hypocrite fro
          asking
          > this- I have always been curious as to how 2012 is supposed to be
          an
          > alignment of stars with the Galactic Center. I've heard this but
          could
          > never quite find a chart that supports this. That was before I was
          into
          > Declinations tho. Has anyone done any research as to why the
          Mayans were
          > convinced 2012 was the end of the world?

        • Astrocalypse
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
            stars into new signs
            It was true that the ancient didn't have the concept of year zero, but they did know about the 10s, 100s and 1000s.  Did they not ?

            So year 2000 is valid because we didn't jump from 1999 to 2001 and skip 2000 all together (and the babies born on 2000 do exist!).  So year 1999 finished on midnight, zero hour, zero minute, zero second and year 2000 started on zero hour, zero minute, the first second ...

            Just mho.

            Cal

          • Astrocalypse
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
              stars into new signs
              I agree with you Martina.  And I think mixing different concepts could be very confusing.

              Some Chinese used to think (not any more for most) when the baby is born, it is one year old (my rationale is to count the baby as existing in the womb). So when it is one year old (western way), it is "two".

              Much like the Sabian Symbols.  Are you going for the actual ? or symbolic.

              Cal

              2000 would be year 0, like the birth of a baby. The baby still exists before its first birthday. Thats how I see it anyways. I don' t think it matters that there was no year 0,... its locked into our brains that the end of the 20th C was 1999.
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                if you have 0, this is how it looks and this is how I normally count

                0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
                10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

                however since they did the years without 0 its counted this way.
                .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 10
                11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

                I'm hoping the spacing holds so you can see what up.

                <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

                > stars into new signsIt was true that the ancient didn't have the
                concept of year zero, but they did know about the 10s, 100s and
                1000s. Did they not ?

                > So year 2000 is valid because we didn't jump from 1999 to 2001 and
                skip 2000 all together (and the babies born on 2000 do exist!). So
                year 1999 finished on midnight, zero hour, zero minute, zero second
                and year 2000 started on zero hour, zero minute, the first second ...

                > Just mho.
                >
                > Cal

              • Shawhouse
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                  I read an excellent article in Mountain Astrologer some months ago. I
                  suggest you look in their online archives for research in addition to
                  what you learn from this list.
                  Diana Shaw

                  Derek Reveres wrote:

                  > >Regulus is the last royal star in a fixed sign, and will be mutable
                  > in 2012
                  >
                  > I'm not so much into the New Age scene, but here again we have the number
                  > 2012 showing up. What an interesting year that is going to be.
                  > While we are on the subject-- and don't think I'm a hypocrite fro asking
                  > this- I have always been curious as to how 2012 is supposed to be an
                  > alignment of stars with the Galactic Center. I've heard this but could
                  > never quite find a chart that supports this. That was before I was into
                  > Declinations tho. Has anyone done any research as to why the Mayans were
                  > convinced 2012 was the end of the world?

                  > Symbols
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Symbols&w1=Symbols&w2=Astrology&w3=Divination&w4=Ophiuchus&c=4&s=59&.sig=8UQdunpL-0xnc9agDnYz0A>
                  > Astrology
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astrology&w1=Symbols&w2=Astrology&w3=Divination&w4=Ophiuchus&c=4&s=59&.sig=cFBE2oA0lZJyqpA8zdjwVQ>
                  > Divination
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Divination&w1=Symbols&w2=Astrology&w3=Divination&w4=Ophiuchus&c=4&s=59&.sig=HD6p_AsnSWzyaHzKvQ9oIQ>
                  >
                  > Ophiuchus
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ophiuchus&w1=Symbols&w2=Astrology&w3=Divination&w4=Ophiuchus&c=4&s=59&.sig=JoliRs5e4i8g3hETE--b2A>

                • Shawhouse
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                    I've read the arguments that postulate 2001 was the beginning of the new
                    millenium, but it just doesn't grok with me. The year 1 was the
                    conclusion of the first 12 months of this system, culminating in the
                    completion of the first year, not the beginning of the first year.
                    Therefore, January 1, 2001 would have been the conclusion of 2001 years
                    of the system, right? 2000 would have been the conclusion of 2000 years
                    of the AD system. Logicially, 2000 should thus be the inauguration date
                    of a new millenium, but this is also intuitive. From a numerological
                    perspective, its the first time "2" is used.
                    Diana Shaw

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                      2001 may be counterintuitive, but it's accurate, for
                      those who use the Gregorian calendar, which is pretty
                      much accepted the world over.

                      Then again, there's this thing about 2000 that people
                      have. So maybe both of them can be used.

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      --- Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                      > I've read the arguments that postulate 2001 was the
                      > beginning of the new
                      > millenium, but it just doesn't grok with me. The
                      > year 1 was the
                      > conclusion of the first 12 months of this system,
                      > culminating in the
                      > completion of the first year, not the beginning of
                      > the first year.
                      > Therefore, January 1, 2001 would have been the
                      > conclusion of 2001 years
                      > of the system, right? 2000 would have been the
                      > conclusion of 2000 years
                      > of the AD system. Logicially, 2000 should thus be
                      > the inauguration date
                      > of a new millenium, but this is also intuitive.
                      > From a numerological
                      > perspective, its the first time "2" is used.
                      > Diana Shaw
                      >
                      > Astrocalypse wrote:
                      >
                      > > It was true that the ancient didn't have the
                      > concept of year zero, but
                      > > they did know about the 10s, 100s and 1000s. Did
                      > they not ?
                      > >
                      > > So year 2000 is valid because we didn't jump from
                      > 1999 to 2001 and
                      > > skip 2000 all together (and the babies born on
                      > 2000 do exist!). So
                      > > year 1999 finished on midnight, zero hour, zero
                      > minute, zero second
                      > > and year 2000 started on zero hour, zero minute,
                      > the first second ...
                      > >
                      > > Just mho.
                      > >
                      > > Cal

                      > > Symbols

                      > > Astrology

                      > > Divination

                      > > Ophiuchus

                      > email to:

                      > Yahoo! Terms of

                    • Martina
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                        stars into new signs
                        Good grief! Had no idea what a shmozzle this would cause.
                        Nope, I agree that there are arbitrary calenders all over the
                        world,.. point is,.. for the first time, the world gets united by
                        a concept of time, not that maybe they'd use it on a personal level.
                        But its whats used for any TECHNOLOGICAL application.
                        The problem with computers and the year 2000 kept a lot of people busy,..
                        its not just North America that has nuclear power plants anymore, missile systems,
                        electrical grids, and they are all using the same base technology, they have to to speak to each other!! Across from the Aries pT on the year 2000 is Uranus,.... Computers, time,...... its a commonality like agreeing on date lines or Greenwich time being zero.
                        And as such the year 2000 was almost a celebration in coming together and beating a very weird problem. And as such, that all by itself is amazingly exciting,... we did something as a global unit,.. for once!!! A hell of a landmark date!

                        I'm looking at the 2001 chart and it just doesn't seem as powerful- I'm not sure something bad to Merc would be about 911,.. I would think it would have to involve something stronger. The lineups of "evil stars" to 2000 is much bigger than the 2001 chart

                         There IS something in the 2000 chart that might be considered newspeople though,.. Neptune-Posiedon(the media) across from Hades-Amor. When you consider that newsmen were looked after, sometimes by both sides of a conflict, and Amor is about boundaries, Hades would take away their safety net and they would not be sure what they were walking into anymore. That little pic easily translates into "deceptive media crossing awful boundaries" as well,...and its something thats getting MORE OBVIOUS all the time. Case in point, the "terrorists" they supposedly picked up in Toronto,....our Prime Minister who supports Bush got on and made a statement and there wasn't one of us that saw it that didn't think,... hey,.. this is really fishy, its a setup!!
                        A Neptune-Posiedon is a propaganda machine.

                        Martina
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                          Y2K
                          the problem with Computers is that the programmers in the US and
                          Europe in the 1970's were under the false impression that they were
                          writing programs that owuld be replaced in a reasonable time frame.
                          so they didn't need to use full 4 digit year date fields. Y2K wasn't
                          about the change in millenium, it was about forward thinking. It was
                          about PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE. You have programmers like the ones who
                          did the Pacific missile Radar Range in the 1960's who used full 4
                          digit years worried on projects in the 70's about not doing so and
                          they were right, banks especially are conservative entities and dont
                          change over technology very readily, they were in fact the biggest
                          problem. It was also a way to ensure Banks would update their
                          technology. (I can guarentee you wont see it happening again any
                          time soon, they are pathetic) It was a programming decision that
                          created a false economy and was rather interesting in its
                          overwhelming effect on world economy. But the problem was created in
                          the 70's, ergo wouldn't you want to review what was going on then to
                          see why it was done. generally it was for saving memory, which was
                          at a premium.

                          Okay you shouldn't lump all entities together Citgroup was one of
                          the first to goto Unix from Mainframe platform and they had the
                          fewest Y2K issues because they are a forward thinking entity, but
                          they were definitely the exception.

                          Beth

                          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...>
                          wrote:

                          > stars into new signsGood grief! Had no idea what a shmozzle this
                          would cause.
                          > Nope, I agree that there are arbitrary calenders all over the
                          > world,.. point is,.. for the first time, the world gets united by
                          > a concept of time, not that maybe they'd use it on a personal
                          level.
                          > But its whats used for any TECHNOLOGICAL application.
                          > The problem with computers and the year 2000 kept a lot of people
                          busy,..
                          > its not just North America that has nuclear power plants anymore,
                          missile systems,
                          > electrical grids, and they are all using the same base technology,
                          they have to to speak to each other!! Across from the Aries pT on
                          the year 2000 is Uranus,.... Computers, time,...... its a
                          commonality like agreeing on date lines or Greenwich time being
                          zero.
                          > And as such the year 2000 was almost a celebration in coming
                          together and beating a very weird problem. And as such, that all by
                          itself is amazingly exciting,... we did something as a global
                          unit,.. for once!!! A hell of a landmark date!

                          > I'm looking at the 2001 chart and it just doesn't seem as powerful-
                          I'm not sure something bad to Merc would be about 911,.. I would
                          think it would have to involve something stronger. The lineups
                          of "evil stars" to 2000 is much bigger than the 2001 chart

                          > There IS something in the 2000 chart that might be considered
                          newspeople though,.. Neptune-Posiedon(the media) across from Hades-
                          Amor. When you consider that newsmen were looked after, sometimes by
                          both sides of a conflict, and Amor is about boundaries, Hades would
                          take away their safety net and they would not be sure what they were
                          walking into anymore. That little pic easily translates
                          into "deceptive media crossing awful boundaries" as well,...and its
                          something thats getting MORE OBVIOUS all the time. Case in point,
                          the "terrorists" they supposedly picked up in Toronto,....our Prime
                          Minister who supports Bush got on and made a statement and there
                          wasn't one of us that saw it that didn't think,... hey,.. this is
                          really fishy, its a setup!!
                          > A Neptune-Posiedon is a propaganda machine.
                          >
                          > Martina

                        • Martina
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                            I think the big problem with computers
                            is they just weren't thinking AT ALL really!
                            Instead of rewriting programs they just kept tacking on
                            other "bits" until there was such a mess that it couldn't be sorted through.
                            Unfortunately, they are still doing it,... everytime my computer updates
                            from microsoft, I lose programs because they no longer work, suddenly need
                            another patch,... CD drives are a big one,.. suddenly stop working,..
                            printers?? Oh yeah, those too. I have a real love-hate thing going on with
                            these electrical pieces of junk. Latest news about Vista, the XP
                            replacement,.. burning out the graphic chips because even when they are
                            doing NOTHING they are still running to capacity with the graphics.
                            Stupid,.... all I wanna do is run my programs,.. QUICKLY without all this
                            crap slowing me down. Who cares what the desktop looks like??
                            Quite inelegant solutions.
                            Martina
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 6, 2006
                              LOL, one should definitely be careful of updates, I do NOT have auto
                              update on the computer because MS has sent out bad updates on
                              occasion. ;-) you can turn it off if you currently have that on. Beth