Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses

  • Martina
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
      The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
      So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
      but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
      it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
      hits!)
      Martina
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

        > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
        might.
        > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
        one place
        > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
        by sign
        > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
        else
        > hits!)
        > Martina

        Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
        of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
        it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
        (losing one's arms or hands).

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
          well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
          always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
          related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
          precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
          in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
          decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
          interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

          hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
          certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
          > might.
          > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
          > one place
          > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
          but
          > by sign
          > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
          what
          > else
          > > hits!)
          > > Martina
          >
          > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
          instead
          > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
          once
          > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
          > (losing one's arms or hands).
          >
          > Mark A. Holmes

        • PeterKecskés
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
            In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
            stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
            the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
            "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
            gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
            and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

            > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
            > > mostly to learn- but my
            > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
            > not
            > > dependent on the Sign.
            > > I don't think the definition of a star would
            > change
            > > as it moves from one
            > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
            > > would be the definition of
            > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
            >

            > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
            > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
            > they precess from one sign to another?
            >

            > Mark A. Holmes
            >

            > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
            > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
            > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
            > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
            > > >
            > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

            > > enlighten me a bit,
            > > >
            > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
            > one
            > > sign to another by
            > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
            > > they do.

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • PeterKecskés
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
              To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
              ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
              All the best Péter Kecskés

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                > around, he was
                > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                > MissB

                Henry VIII of England
                June 28, 1491
                London

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                pretty well.

              • Astrocalypse
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006

                  From: "Mark Andrew Holmes" <mahtezcatpoc@...>

                  > Henry VIII of England
                  > June
                  28, 1491
                  > London

                  I should look into Starlight more often :-).  BB gives his birthtime as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.

                  Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>.   All it took was to add Scheat ;-).

                      Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -

                      Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -

                      Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                  *****

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                    <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                    8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                    Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                    And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                    > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                    that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                    Scheat ;-).

                    > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                    >
                    > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                    >
                    > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                    And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                    had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                    http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html