Re: [thefixedstars] TNPs and fixed stars

  • Martina
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
      Thanks for looking Mark.

      > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
      > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.

      Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug their way out.
      After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still alive, but it
      died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
      76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around there,..
      only 12 bodies ever found.
      There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17 miners.

      "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a cracking sound
      like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre high, 915
      metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet) wedge of
      the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres (2,300
      feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg (one
      hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto the town of
      Frank. "

      >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
      >> survivors?)

      I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just looks like
      a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big as BIG
      houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much grows,.... it
      almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!

      >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
      >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).

      Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners found the
      place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it fell from
      the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that dumb! The
      local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain, they said it
      was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-deception,..
      "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig themselves
      out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with poisonous
      gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The various
      stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion, etc seems
      to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped there with
      some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish perhaps?
      Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well as "buried", "underneath",
      "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if you look
      at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune would be more
      gassed to death,...

      I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb, 2006, 11:15
      am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think still
      close enough to affect each other,... Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
      mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad change of
      fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
      MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
      The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there is
      MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed. MC conj
      Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water things,....Pll
      Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd guess a BIG
      water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with star stuff
      through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize for the
      scarcity of info!!

      Martina
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks for looking Mark.
        >
        > > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
        > > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.
        >
        > Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug
        their way out.
        > After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still
        alive, but it
        > died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
        > 76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around
        there,..
        > only 12 bodies ever found.
        > There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17
        miners.

        > "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a
        cracking sound
        > like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre
        high, 915
        > metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet)
        wedge of
        > the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres
        (2,300
        > feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg
        (one
        > hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto
        the town of
        > Frank. "
        >

        > >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
        > >> survivors?)
        >
        > I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just
        looks like
        > a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big
        as BIG
        > houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much
        grows,.... it
        > almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!
        > >>
        > >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
        > >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).
        >
        > Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners
        found the
        > place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it
        fell from
        > the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that
        dumb! The
        > local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain,
        they said it
        > was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-
        deception,..
        > "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig
        themselves
        > out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with
        poisonous
        > gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The
        various
        > stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion,
        etc seems
        > to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped
        there with
        > some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish
        perhaps?

        Maybe more like arrogant or presumptuous? (Robson says "violence,
        pride, overconfidence, and shamelessness.") And Eric Morse says it
        gives "the ability to express ideas in reasonable and acceptable
        ways which win because of their manifest intelligence."

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Propus.html

        So maybe they left Frank when there was no rational reason to leave
        and made it sound like it made sense (especially in hindsight?)

        > Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well
        as "buried", "underneath",
        > "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if
        you look
        > at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune
        would be more
        > gassed to death,...
        >
        > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
        2006, 11:15
        > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think
        still
        > close enough to affect each other,...

        Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are better than that
        (a more accurate location).

        Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
        > mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad
        change of
        > fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
        > MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
        > The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there
        is
        > MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed.
        MC conj
        > Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water
        things,....Pll
        > Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd
        guess a BIG
        > water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with
        star stuff
        > through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize
        for the
        > scarcity of info!!

        Anne Wright's site is very informative (it's in the Links section),
        and then you can search the archives of this list. It's not huge and
        cumbersome like Centaurs. Bernadette's fixed-star book is very good,
        if you have it.

        Someday, I think, I'll have more fixed-star meanings on my own site.
        Right now I just have a limited selection of galactic points.

        So many things to do and not enough time to do it all in...

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
          --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina"
          > <merskine2@...>
          > wrote:

          > > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the
          > Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
          > 2006, 11:15
          > > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23
          > Gem,.. so I think
          > still
          > > close enough to affect each other,...
          >

          > Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are
          > better than that
          > (a more accurate location).

          Had to eat lunch and do some things after I got back
          from the library. (They're in town and have DSL
          Internet access. I have two options out here in the
          country: dial-up, which is interruption-prone and
          usually slow, sometimes to the point where it's almost
          as good as having no connection at all; and broadband
          through my satellite TV provider, which would cost me
          about $100 a month after installation costs, plus I'd
          be locked into a contract that entails a hefty
          cancellation fee.)

          Anyway, the mudslide you refer to occurred on February
          17, 2006, at 11:15 a.m. AWST, in Guinsaugon, Leyte
          province, Philippines (10N21/125E07).

          There's several alignments in this chart having to do
          with death and bereavement.

          Algol is aligned with the Ascendant of this chart at
          26 Taurus 50. Moon at 10 Libra 57 is aligned with
          Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis), and Mars is aligned
          with Alcyone (Eta Tauri, in the Pleiades). Also, Vesta
          is aligned with Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris, known as
          The Announcer): with these disasters, you may find
          survivors, and you may not. The Midheaven at 18
          Aquarius 24 is tightly conjunct Neptune, and both are
          aligned with Sualocin (Alpha Delphini). Maybe that
          indicates the tantalizing prospect of survivors (or
          particular people surviving).

          The Ascendant is also aligned with Alpha Caeli, in
          Caelum the Sculptor's Tools (digging into the mud a
          little bit at a time, making slow, painstaking and
          frustrating progress).

          Also, you have Venus aligned with Dheneb (Zeta
          Aquilae), Pluto aligned with Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the
          Butterfly Nebula) and Pallas aligned with Polis (Mu
          Sagittarii), indicating the rescuers and their
          efforts.

          Moon is also aligned with Gienah Ghurab (Gamma Corvi,
          in Corvus the Crow--scavenging or recovery). Mercury
          aligned with Jih (Kappa Pegasi, in Pegasus' foreleg) =
          "kicking the bucket," so to speak; giving up. The
          rescuers eventually gave up. The whole town may be
          given up on, not rebuilt or resettled.

          Venus is also aligned with Lucida Octantis (Nu
          Octantis, in Octans the Octans--probably indicating
          the experts consulted in determining the cause of the
          slide).

          Ceres is aligned with Al Thalamain I (Iota Aquilae,
          one of "the two ostriches") and Terebellum (Omega
          Sagittarii). Juno is aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis,
          linked to education) and Chiron with Bos (Rho
          Capricorni, maybe = making something happen quick or
          raising something to a higher level or upping the
          ante).

          That could mean this tragedy is an object lesson.

          http://www.gadr.giees.uncc.edu/hzeventdetails.cfm?ID=58

          "A large part of the mountain, Mount Guinsaugon, has
          collapsed. Experts said the mudslide was probably
          caused by two weeks of exceptionally heavy rainfall.
          There had been a small earthquake in the area earlier
          in the day, but seismologists said they did not
          believe it was strong enough to cause the mudslide.

          "Some people angrily blamed illegal logging for
          destabilising the area. The local MP, Roger Mercado,
          said it was the result of logging and mining 30 years
          ago, but local residents had ignored warnings to
          leave.
          'They would not evacuate,' he said. 'This is the
          effect of the logging before. Every time it rains,
          there are flash floods.' Many of the village's
          residents did leave the area last week, but most had
          returned home after the rains eased.

          "Rene Solidum, director of the Philippine Institute of
          Volcanology and Seismology, said: 'The area could have
          really been ready for a landslide because of the
          rain.'"

        • Martina
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
            Thanks Mark,... yeah you are right about having TIME!!!
            Limited for me these days too. I''ll save your comments with the chart!
            I'm going to have to work on my programs!
            Martina