RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
      --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

      > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
      > mostly to learn- but my
      > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
      > dependent on the Sign.
      > I don't think the definition of a star would change
      > as it moves from one
      > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
      > would be the definition of
      > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

      Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
      evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
      they precess from one sign to another?

      Mark A. Holmes

      > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
      > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
      > >
      > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
      > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
      > enlighten me a bit,
      > > > thanks, Beth
      > >
      > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
      > sign to another by
      > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
      > they do.

    • Martina
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
        The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
        So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
        but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
        it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
        hits!)
        Martina
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

          > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
          might.
          > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
          one place
          > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
          by sign
          > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
          else
          > hits!)
          > Martina

          Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
          of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
          it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
          (losing one's arms or hands).

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
            well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
            always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
            related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
            precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
            in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
            decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
            interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

            hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
            certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

            > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
            > >
            > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
            > might.
            > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
            > one place
            > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
            but
            > by sign
            > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
            what
            > else
            > > hits!)
            > > Martina
            >
            > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
            instead
            > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
            once
            > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
            > (losing one's arms or hands).
            >
            > Mark A. Holmes

          • PeterKecskés
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
              In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
              stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
              the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
              "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
              gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
              and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

              > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
              > > mostly to learn- but my
              > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
              > not
              > > dependent on the Sign.
              > > I don't think the definition of a star would
              > change
              > > as it moves from one
              > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
              > > would be the definition of
              > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
              >

              > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
              > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
              > they precess from one sign to another?
              >

              > Mark A. Holmes
              >

              > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
              > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
              > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
              > > >
              > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

              > > enlighten me a bit,
              > > >
              > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
              > one
              > > sign to another by
              > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
              > > they do.

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • PeterKecskés
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                All the best Péter Kecskés

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                  --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                  > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                  > around, he was
                  > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                  > MissB

                  Henry VIII of England
                  June 28, 1491
                  London

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                  Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                  (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                  and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                  Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                  (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                  North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                  which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                  pretty well.

                • Astrocalypse
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006

                    From: "Mark Andrew Holmes" <mahtezcatpoc@...>

                    > Henry VIII of England
                    > June
                    28, 1491
                    > London

                    I should look into Starlight more often :-).  BB gives his birthtime as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.

                    Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>.   All it took was to add Scheat ;-).

                        Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -

                        Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -

                        Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                    *****

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                      <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                      8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                      Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                      And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                      > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                      that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                      Scheat ;-).

                      > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                      >
                      > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                      >
                      > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                      And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                      had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html