RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
      I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here mostly to learn- but my
      understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign.
      I don't think the definition of a star would change as it moves from one
      sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it would be the definition of
      the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
        --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

        > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
        > mostly to learn- but my
        > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
        > dependent on the Sign.
        > I don't think the definition of a star would change
        > as it moves from one
        > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
        > would be the definition of
        > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

        Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
        evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
        they precess from one sign to another?

        Mark A. Holmes

        > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
        > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
        > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
        > >
        > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
        > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
        > enlighten me a bit,
        > > > thanks, Beth
        > >
        > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
        > sign to another by
        > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
        > they do.

      • Martina
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
          The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
          So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
          but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
          it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
          hits!)
          Martina
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

            > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
            might.
            > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
            one place
            > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
            by sign
            > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
            else
            > hits!)
            > Martina

            Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
            of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
            it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
            (losing one's arms or hands).

            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
              well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
              always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
              related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
              precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
              in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
              decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
              interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

              hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
              certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

              > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
              > >
              > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
              > might.
              > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
              > one place
              > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
              but
              > by sign
              > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
              what
              > else
              > > hits!)
              > > Martina
              >
              > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
              instead
              > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
              once
              > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
              > (losing one's arms or hands).
              >
              > Mark A. Holmes

            • PeterKecskés
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
                stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
                the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
                gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
                and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

                > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                > > mostly to learn- but my
                > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
                > not
                > > dependent on the Sign.
                > > I don't think the definition of a star would
                > change
                > > as it moves from one
                > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                > > would be the definition of
                > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
                >

                > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                > they precess from one sign to another?
                >

                > Mark A. Holmes
                >

                > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                > > >
                > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

                > > enlighten me a bit,
                > > >
                > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
                > one
                > > sign to another by
                > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                > > they do.

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • PeterKecskés
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                  To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                  ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                  All the best Péter Kecskés

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                    --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                    > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                    > around, he was
                    > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                    > MissB

                    Henry VIII of England
                    June 28, 1491
                    London

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                    Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                    (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                    and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                    Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                    (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                    North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                    which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                    pretty well.

                  • Astrocalypse
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                        <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                        8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                        Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                        And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                        > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                        that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                        Scheat ;-).

                        > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                        >
                        > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                        >
                        > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                        And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                        had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html