Re: Star Ingresses

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
      Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
      thanks, Beth

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@...>

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006

        > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
        > thanks, Beth

        I believe he's talking about stars moving from one sign to another by
        precession and maybe changing in influence when they do.

        Mark A. Holmes

        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Beth...
        > > Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through
        > precession,
        > > not the Sun's ingress.
        > >

        > > 2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@>:
        > > >

        > > > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
        > > > Mind? happy to take a look. =)

      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
          I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here mostly to learn- but my
          understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign.
          I don't think the definition of a star would change as it moves from one
          sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it would be the definition of
          the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
            --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

            > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
            > mostly to learn- but my
            > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
            > dependent on the Sign.
            > I don't think the definition of a star would change
            > as it moves from one
            > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
            > would be the definition of
            > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

            Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
            evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
            they precess from one sign to another?

            Mark A. Holmes

            > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
            > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
            > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
            > >
            > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
            > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
            > enlighten me a bit,
            > > > thanks, Beth
            > >
            > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
            > sign to another by
            > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
            > they do.

          • Martina
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
              The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
              So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
              but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
              it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
              hits!)
              Martina
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

                > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                might.
                > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                one place
                > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
                by sign
                > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
                else
                > hits!)
                > Martina

                Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
                of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
                it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                (losing one's arms or hands).

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                  well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
                  always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
                  related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
                  precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
                  in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
                  decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
                  interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

                  hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
                  certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

                  > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                  > might.
                  > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                  > one place
                  > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
                  but
                  > by sign
                  > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
                  what
                  > else
                  > > hits!)
                  > > Martina
                  >
                  > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
                  instead
                  > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
                  once
                  > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                  > (losing one's arms or hands).
                  >
                  > Mark A. Holmes

                • PeterKecskés
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                    In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
                    stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
                    the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                    "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
                    gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
                    and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

                    > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                    > > mostly to learn- but my
                    > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
                    > not
                    > > dependent on the Sign.
                    > > I don't think the definition of a star would
                    > change
                    > > as it moves from one
                    > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                    > > would be the definition of
                    > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
                    >

                    > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                    > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                    > they precess from one sign to another?
                    >

                    > Mark A. Holmes
                    >

                    > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                    > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                    > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                    > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                    > > >
                    > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

                    > > enlighten me a bit,
                    > > >
                    > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
                    > one
                    > > sign to another by
                    > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                    > > they do.

                    > protection around
                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • PeterKecskés
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                      To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                      ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                      All the best Péter Kecskés

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                        > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                        > around, he was
                        > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                        > MissB

                        Henry VIII of England
                        June 28, 1491
                        London

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                        Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                        (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                        and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                        Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                        (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                        North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                        which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                        pretty well.

                      • Astrocalypse
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                            <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                            8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                            Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                            And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                            > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                            that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                            Scheat ;-).

                            > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                            >
                            > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                            >
                            > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                            And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                            had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                            http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html