Re: [thefixedstars] TNPs and fixed stars

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
      --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:

      > TNPs and fixed starsHi Diana,.. I'm relieved you
      > don't think I should worry about star-TNP hits- I
      > wasn't sure whether it was because there was no
      > belief in TNPs or what! For my part, theres no doubt
      > in my mind they exist (somehow!)
      >
      > I must revise my last statement though,.... (serves
      > me right,.. I'm always jumping in before I have the
      > facts,.. chalk it up to enthusiasm!!)
      >
      > This morning I saw on TV that the latest coal-mine
      > blast was caused by METHANE GAS,.. so Neptune in
      > this case might very well be part of it!! (my bad,
      > sorry!) I was thinking more along the lines of
      > cave-ins,.... duh,.. of course gas explosions would
      > be responsible for some of them!!

      And asphyxiation is also a factor in these mine
      disasters: the air runs out or there are poisonous
      gases like carbon monoxide present. In the recent coal
      mine disaster in Tallmansville, West Virginia in which
      only Randy McCloy got out alive, he and his co-workers
      were overcome by carbon monoxide deep inside the mine.

      > I decided to look at an event called the Frank
      > Slide,.. an event that brought a whole mountain down
      > and crushed a town. I went through there a few years
      > ago, and was astonished at the size of the boulders
      > and how far they'd rolled off the mountain,... the
      > event took place in 1903, but still looks like new
      > destruction around there.
      > Heres a timeline of the event,....
      > http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm
      > It took 100 seconds to destroy the town.
      >
      > Date is April 29, 1903, 4:10 am Frank, Alberta,
      > Canada.
      > MC has a Neptune-Pandora-Aries Pt/Nodes (among other
      > things caught the entire town by surprise,.. most
      > died because they were sleeping,...) and Asc has
      > Pluto/Apollon,.... can't think of a better PICTURE
      > of this event than "earth spreading out!!"
      > The interesting thing though is the event is
      > obviously The Uranus-Admetus pair, ( "sudden" and
      > explosive burial!!).... that show up in the same
      > place that Pluto Hades do now on the 90 dial.
      > Then,.... Ur 25.Sag17'42'' Now, Pluto 25 46 Sag,Had
      > 11.Pi 7'09''
      >
      > Then Adm 23 .Pi49'0 , now Hades at 24 Gem 49
      >
      > Soooo,.... seems like 25 Sag might be a bit of a hot
      > spot, huh?

      The Galactic Center is associated with creating
      things. Creating destruction perhaps, or changing the
      landscape.

      [snip]

      if anyone is ever around Calgary,
      > Alberta, the Frank Slide isn't that far and its an
      > awesome and creepy sight. Definitely has its own
      > "presence".

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Slide

      I just cast the chart for the Frank Slide.

      Mercury is aligned with Algol and Vesta with Baten
      Kaitos (Zeta Ceti; Robson mentions that this star is
      connected with falls and blows, as well as compulsory
      emigration--the town of Frank was evacuated). Also,
      Uranus is aligned with Aculeus (Messier 6 Scorpii) and
      Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
      survivors?)

      Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
      didn't think something like this could happen [?]).

      Ceres is aligned with the Outcast Star
      (J090745.0+24507 Hydrae, a star discovered in 2005
      which is leaving our galaxy). The houses destroyed in
      Frank according to the Wikipedia article were on the
      outskirts of town...

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006

        > --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:
        >
        > > TNPs and fixed starsHi Diana,.. I'm relieved you
        > > don't think I should worry about star-TNP hits- I
        > > wasn't sure whether it was because there was no
        > > belief in TNPs or what! For my part, theres no
        > doubt
        > > in my mind they exist (somehow!)
        > >
        > > I must revise my last statement though,....
        > (serves
        > > me right,.. I'm always jumping in before I have
        > the
        > > facts,.. chalk it up to enthusiasm!!)
        > >
        > > This morning I saw on TV that the latest coal-mine
        > > blast was caused by METHANE GAS,.. so Neptune in
        > > this case might very well be part of it!! (my bad,
        > > sorry!) I was thinking more along the lines of
        > > cave-ins,.... duh,.. of course gas explosions
        > would
        > > be responsible for some of them!!
        >
        > And asphyxiation is also a factor in these mine
        > disasters: the air runs out or there are poisonous
        > gases like carbon monoxide present. In the recent
        > coal
        > mine disaster in Tallmansville, West Virginia in
        > which
        > only Randy McCloy got out alive, he and his
        > co-workers
        > were overcome by carbon monoxide deep inside the
        > mine.
        >

        > > I decided to look at an event called the Frank
        > > Slide,.. an event that brought a whole mountain
        > down
        > > and crushed a town. I went through there a few
        > years
        > > ago, and was astonished at the size of the
        > boulders
        > > and how far they'd rolled off the mountain,... the
        > > event took place in 1903, but still looks like new
        > > destruction around there.
        > > Heres a timeline of the event,....
        > > http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm
        > > It took 100 seconds to destroy the town.
        > >
        > > Date is April 29, 1903, 4:10 am Frank, Alberta,
        > > Canada.
        > > MC has a Neptune-Pandora-Aries Pt/Nodes (among
        > other
        > > things caught the entire town by surprise,.. most
        > > died because they were sleeping,...) and Asc has
        > > Pluto/Apollon,.... can't think of a better PICTURE
        > > of this event than "earth spreading out!!"
        > > The interesting thing though is the event is
        > > obviously The Uranus-Admetus pair, ( "sudden" and
        > > explosive burial!!).... that show up in the same
        > > place that Pluto Hades do now on the 90 dial.
        > > Then,.... Ur 25.Sag17'42'' Now, Pluto 25 46
        > Sag,Had
        > > 11.Pi 7'09''
        > >
        > > Then Adm 23 .Pi49'0 , now Hades at 24 Gem 49
        > >
        > > Soooo,.... seems like 25 Sag might be a bit of a
        > hot
        > > spot, huh?
        >
        > The Galactic Center is associated with creating
        > things. Creating destruction perhaps, or changing
        > the
        > landscape.

        There are a number of other objects being aligned with
        in this chart that are also being aligned with at this
        time (or have been recently).

        Saturn aligned with Chi Cygni and Markarian 409;
        Chiron is aligned with them now. (Markarian 409,
        destruction; Chi Cygni, self-damage: in this case,
        building a town in a landslide-prone area). Chiron may
        mean circumstances are trying to tell us something or
        there are valuable lessons to be had (having to do
        with mine safety, building in areas prone to tectonic
        activity or hurricanes, the proper setting up and
        maintaining of flood control systems, or global
        warming).

        Uranus in the Frank Slide chart is aligned with the
        Box Nebula, the Garden-Sprinkler Nebula, the Hyman's
        Burper pulsar, the Mouse Pulsar, Thackeray's Planetary
        Nebula and the Silkworm Nebula. Pluto is or has been
        recently aligned with them now. (Box Nebula = box
        meaning coffin; Hyman's Burper = a disturbance on the
        earth; Mouse Pulsar = something little moving beneath
        something; Silkworm Nebula = knitting one's own
        shroud, the worm turning, devoured or destroyed from
        within; Thackeray's Planetary = doing what one has to
        do to live on the planet.)

        > [snip]
        >
        > if anyone is ever around Calgary,
        > > Alberta, the Frank Slide isn't that far and its an
        > > awesome and creepy sight. Definitely has its own
        > > "presence".
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Slide
        >
        > I just cast the chart for the Frank Slide.
        >
        > Mercury is aligned with Algol and Vesta with Baten
        > Kaitos (Zeta Ceti; Robson mentions that this star is
        > connected with falls and blows, as well as
        > compulsory
        > emigration--the town of Frank was evacuated). Also,
        > Uranus is aligned with Aculeus (Messier 6 Scorpii)
        > and
        > Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
        > survivors?)
        >
        > Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
        > didn't think something like this could happen [?]).
        >
        > Ceres is aligned with the Outcast Star
        > (J090745.0+24507 Hydrae, a star discovered in 2005
        > which is leaving our galaxy). The houses destroyed
        > in
        > Frank according to the Wikipedia article were on the
        > outskirts of town...

        Pluto on Hoedus I and II ("The Kids," Zeta and Eta
        Aurigae): a nasty and unforeseen event, like cosmic
        mischief.

        Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
        people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
          Okay here is where I'm a weirdo because I did a rather long look at
          the outer planets not long ago, and I found more connection to Uranus
          with gases than with Neptune, Ether came into popularity for surgical
          use with uranus, liquid drug use like Morphine and Laudnum (both
          opiates) became popular with discovery of Neptune.

          I know I"m in the minority on that one, but when I started doing a
          timeline of what was happening during the years of discovery of each
          very different things came to light than what is portrayed about
          them. the only thing I find appropriately tied to Uranus is
          Chaos,Everything else is suspect to me and with neptune I tie, drugs,
          computer programming (Lady Ada wrote her programs at the same time
          Neptune was discovered also neptune first one discovered
          Mathematically, not by visual surprise, which ties it mroe to
          programming I think) Music/arts and liquid, electricity(theory),
          maxwell Equations, the era of Tesla and Edison Ends with the
          discovery of Pluto. In fact Edisons last patent was applied for and
          approved in 1930.

          The first TV show and Plutonium tied to Pluto.

          okay well just my 2 bits I guess. MissB

          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

          > TNPs and fixed starsHi Diana,.. I'm relieved you don't think I
          should worry about star-TNP hits- I wasn't sure whether it was
          because there was no belief in TNPs or what! For my part, theres no
          doubt in my mind they exist (somehow!)

          > I must revise my last statement though,.... (serves me right,..
          I'm always jumping in before I have the facts,.. chalk it up to
          enthusiasm!!)

          > This morning I saw on TV that the latest coal-mine blast was caused
          by METHANE GAS,.. so Neptune in this case might very well be part of
          it!! (my bad, sorry!) I was thinking more along the lines of cave-
          ins,.... duh,.. of course gas explosions would be responsible for
          some of them!!

          > I decided to look at an event called the Frank Slide,.. an event
          that brought a whole mountain down and crushed a town. I went through
          there a few years ago, and was astonished at the size of the boulders
          and how far they'd rolled off the mountain,... the event took place
          in 1903, but still looks like new destruction around there.
          > Heres a timeline of the event,....
          > http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm It took 100
          seconds to destroy the town.

          > Date is April 29, 1903, 4:10 am Frank, Alberta, Canada.
          > MC has a Neptune-Pandora-Aries Pt/Nodes (among other things caught
          the entire town by surprise,.. most died because they were
          sleeping,...) and Asc has Pluto/Apollon,.... can't think of a better
          PICTURE of this event than "earth spreading out!!"
          > The interesting thing though is the event is obviously The Uranus-
          Admetus pair, ( "sudden" and explosive burial!!).... that show up in
          the same place that Pluto Hades do now on the 90 dial.
          > Then,.... Ur 25.Sag17'42'' Now, Pluto 25 46 Sag,Had 11.Pi 7'09''
          >
          > Then Adm 23 .Pi49'0 , now Hades at 24 Gem 49
          >
          > Soooo,.... seems like 25 Sag might be a bit of a hot spot, huh? Or
          maybe 23-25 Fixed in general,....

          > I thought that maybe the time would show something on the
          angles,... but maybe the 4:10 am time is just when it gets noticed,
          and some sort of cascade failure is happening in the mountain.

          > Mars is fairly close to the Uranus-Admetus point, but sort of out
          of range (4 degees),.. but it is counterparallel Medusa (an event
          that stops you dead.)

          > There are quite a few interesting little connections, mostly with
          asteroids,.. like Pluto-Paradise-Osiris-Toro-Atlantis
          (violent "disaster" causing death) and Hades-House-Cupido-a (Cupido-a
          is the "look" of something,.... so a Hades event that changed the
          look of the houses,.. ie- all gone,...) But I did think it was sort
          of "coincidental" about the Uranus, Pluto placements.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
            St helens was spitting some steam just the other day, she's certainly
            an Active volcanoe, so I wouldnt want to live to close. MissB

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

            > TNPs and fixed starsHi Morgana,..
            > I thought it was just me that got the willies from that place.
            > Yes,.. theres a certain sense that there is some implacable spirit
            > in that place (and a few others)
            > Don't know about St Helen's, but I think anywhere thats a little
            iffy and unstable these days,.. well, a bit of warning and I'd be out
            like a shot! Just seems like too much earth/weather changes going on
            these days,...
            > Martina

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
              Uranus is the God of the Sky, so it shouldn't be too far of a stretch to
              associate gases with Uranus, as the ancients would have seen gases as being
              basically Aerial in nature

              >From: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>
              >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: TNPs and fixed stars
              >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 05:28:35 -0000
              >
              >Okay here is where I'm a weirdo because I did a rather long look at
              >the outer planets not long ago, and I found more connection to Uranus
              >with gases than with Neptune, Ether came into popularity for surgical
              >use with uranus, liquid drug use like Morphine and Laudnum (both
              >opiates) became popular with discovery of Neptune.
            • Martina
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                Thanks for looking Mark.

                > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
                > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.

                Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug their way out.
                After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still alive, but it
                died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
                76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around there,..
                only 12 bodies ever found.
                There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17 miners.

                "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a cracking sound
                like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre high, 915
                metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet) wedge of
                the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres (2,300
                feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg (one
                hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto the town of
                Frank. "

                >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
                >> survivors?)

                I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just looks like
                a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big as BIG
                houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much grows,.... it
                almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!

                >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
                >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).

                Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners found the
                place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it fell from
                the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that dumb! The
                local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain, they said it
                was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-deception,..
                "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig themselves
                out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with poisonous
                gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The various
                stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion, etc seems
                to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped there with
                some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish perhaps?
                Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well as "buried", "underneath",
                "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if you look
                at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune would be more
                gassed to death,...

                I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb, 2006, 11:15
                am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think still
                close enough to affect each other,... Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
                mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad change of
                fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
                MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
                The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there is
                MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed. MC conj
                Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water things,....Pll
                Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd guess a BIG
                water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with star stuff
                through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize for the
                scarcity of info!!

                Martina
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                  wrote:

                  > Thanks for looking Mark.
                  >
                  > > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
                  > > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.
                  >
                  > Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug
                  their way out.
                  > After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still
                  alive, but it
                  > died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
                  > 76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around
                  there,..
                  > only 12 bodies ever found.
                  > There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17
                  miners.

                  > "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a
                  cracking sound
                  > like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre
                  high, 915
                  > metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet)
                  wedge of
                  > the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres
                  (2,300
                  > feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg
                  (one
                  > hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto
                  the town of
                  > Frank. "
                  >

                  > >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
                  > >> survivors?)
                  >
                  > I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just
                  looks like
                  > a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big
                  as BIG
                  > houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much
                  grows,.... it
                  > almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!
                  > >>
                  > >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
                  > >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).
                  >
                  > Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners
                  found the
                  > place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it
                  fell from
                  > the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that
                  dumb! The
                  > local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain,
                  they said it
                  > was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-
                  deception,..
                  > "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig
                  themselves
                  > out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with
                  poisonous
                  > gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The
                  various
                  > stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion,
                  etc seems
                  > to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped
                  there with
                  > some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish
                  perhaps?

                  Maybe more like arrogant or presumptuous? (Robson says "violence,
                  pride, overconfidence, and shamelessness.") And Eric Morse says it
                  gives "the ability to express ideas in reasonable and acceptable
                  ways which win because of their manifest intelligence."

                  http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Propus.html

                  So maybe they left Frank when there was no rational reason to leave
                  and made it sound like it made sense (especially in hindsight?)

                  > Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well
                  as "buried", "underneath",
                  > "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if
                  you look
                  > at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune
                  would be more
                  > gassed to death,...
                  >
                  > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
                  2006, 11:15
                  > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think
                  still
                  > close enough to affect each other,...

                  Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are better than that
                  (a more accurate location).

                  Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
                  > mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad
                  change of
                  > fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
                  > MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
                  > The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there
                  is
                  > MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed.
                  MC conj
                  > Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water
                  things,....Pll
                  > Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd
                  guess a BIG
                  > water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with
                  star stuff
                  > through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize
                  for the
                  > scarcity of info!!

                  Anne Wright's site is very informative (it's in the Links section),
                  and then you can search the archives of this list. It's not huge and
                  cumbersome like Centaurs. Bernadette's fixed-star book is very good,
                  if you have it.

                  Someday, I think, I'll have more fixed-star meanings on my own site.
                  Right now I just have a limited selection of galactic points.

                  So many things to do and not enough time to do it all in...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                    --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                    > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina"
                    > <merskine2@...>
                    > wrote:

                    > > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the
                    > Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
                    > 2006, 11:15
                    > > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23
                    > Gem,.. so I think
                    > still
                    > > close enough to affect each other,...
                    >

                    > Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are
                    > better than that
                    > (a more accurate location).

                    Had to eat lunch and do some things after I got back
                    from the library. (They're in town and have DSL
                    Internet access. I have two options out here in the
                    country: dial-up, which is interruption-prone and
                    usually slow, sometimes to the point where it's almost
                    as good as having no connection at all; and broadband
                    through my satellite TV provider, which would cost me
                    about $100 a month after installation costs, plus I'd
                    be locked into a contract that entails a hefty
                    cancellation fee.)

                    Anyway, the mudslide you refer to occurred on February
                    17, 2006, at 11:15 a.m. AWST, in Guinsaugon, Leyte
                    province, Philippines (10N21/125E07).

                    There's several alignments in this chart having to do
                    with death and bereavement.

                    Algol is aligned with the Ascendant of this chart at
                    26 Taurus 50. Moon at 10 Libra 57 is aligned with
                    Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis), and Mars is aligned
                    with Alcyone (Eta Tauri, in the Pleiades). Also, Vesta
                    is aligned with Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris, known as
                    The Announcer): with these disasters, you may find
                    survivors, and you may not. The Midheaven at 18
                    Aquarius 24 is tightly conjunct Neptune, and both are
                    aligned with Sualocin (Alpha Delphini). Maybe that
                    indicates the tantalizing prospect of survivors (or
                    particular people surviving).

                    The Ascendant is also aligned with Alpha Caeli, in
                    Caelum the Sculptor's Tools (digging into the mud a
                    little bit at a time, making slow, painstaking and
                    frustrating progress).

                    Also, you have Venus aligned with Dheneb (Zeta
                    Aquilae), Pluto aligned with Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the
                    Butterfly Nebula) and Pallas aligned with Polis (Mu
                    Sagittarii), indicating the rescuers and their
                    efforts.

                    Moon is also aligned with Gienah Ghurab (Gamma Corvi,
                    in Corvus the Crow--scavenging or recovery). Mercury
                    aligned with Jih (Kappa Pegasi, in Pegasus' foreleg) =
                    "kicking the bucket," so to speak; giving up. The
                    rescuers eventually gave up. The whole town may be
                    given up on, not rebuilt or resettled.

                    Venus is also aligned with Lucida Octantis (Nu
                    Octantis, in Octans the Octans--probably indicating
                    the experts consulted in determining the cause of the
                    slide).

                    Ceres is aligned with Al Thalamain I (Iota Aquilae,
                    one of "the two ostriches") and Terebellum (Omega
                    Sagittarii). Juno is aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis,
                    linked to education) and Chiron with Bos (Rho
                    Capricorni, maybe = making something happen quick or
                    raising something to a higher level or upping the
                    ante).

                    That could mean this tragedy is an object lesson.

                    http://www.gadr.giees.uncc.edu/hzeventdetails.cfm?ID=58

                    "A large part of the mountain, Mount Guinsaugon, has
                    collapsed. Experts said the mudslide was probably
                    caused by two weeks of exceptionally heavy rainfall.
                    There had been a small earthquake in the area earlier
                    in the day, but seismologists said they did not
                    believe it was strong enough to cause the mudslide.

                    "Some people angrily blamed illegal logging for
                    destabilising the area. The local MP, Roger Mercado,
                    said it was the result of logging and mining 30 years
                    ago, but local residents had ignored warnings to
                    leave.
                    'They would not evacuate,' he said. 'This is the
                    effect of the logging before. Every time it rains,
                    there are flash floods.' Many of the village's
                    residents did leave the area last week, but most had
                    returned home after the rains eased.

                    "Rene Solidum, director of the Philippine Institute of
                    Volcanology and Seismology, said: 'The area could have
                    really been ready for a landslide because of the
                    rain.'"

                  • Martina
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                      Thanks Mark,... yeah you are right about having TIME!!!
                      Limited for me these days too. I''ll save your comments with the chart!
                      I'm going to have to work on my programs!
                      Martina