RE: [thefixedstars] TNPs and fixed stars

  • Morgana
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
      TNPs and fixed stars

      Martina,

      Great post on the Frank slide.   Those aspects are scary considering the devastation of Frank and its townspeople.

      Having lived not far from there in the last ten years I can assure you that it is a very uncomfortable feeling to be flying out of the area, or to be driving at the foot of those mountains.  When you look down at the top of those mountains flying low because of the take off from the airport close by,  and see shale and gravel, it certainly gives you the ‘willies’ as you pass through the Frank area.

      Should we be paying attention to Mt. St. Helens rumbling lately, or Yellowstone with these aspects so similar to the other destruction?

      Morgana

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
        TNPs and fixed stars
        Hi Morgana,..
        I thought it was just me that got the willies from that place.
        Yes,.. theres a certain sense that there is some implacable spirit
        in that place (and a few others)
        Don't know about St Helen's, but I think anywhere thats a little iffy and unstable these days,.. well, a bit of warning and I'd be out like a shot! Just seems like too much earth/weather changes going on these days,...
        Martina
      • Morgana
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
          TNPs and fixed stars

          Martina there was a small earthquake close to Mt. St. Helens a couple of days ago and it is definitely blowing a bit right now.   Yellowstone too could blow, time of course not known.  Course I live in Vancouver which is on the edge of the North American plate which is being squeezed/jarred by the Pacific plate; huge earthquake could take us out any time.   One never knows when any of this will happen.

          Morgana

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
            TNPs and fixed stars
            Yup,.. or hurricanes, or tsnamis, or heat waves even.
            I think these days, no matter where you live, anything can happen.
            And I think recent events are showing us that we can't rely on help too quickly either.
            I remember the last time St Helens blew,.. I was in WINNIPEG,.. half a continent away and there was ash and smoke in the air. Blew my mind how far it carried!!
            Martina

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
              --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:

              > TNPs and fixed starsHi Diana,.. I'm relieved you
              > don't think I should worry about star-TNP hits- I
              > wasn't sure whether it was because there was no
              > belief in TNPs or what! For my part, theres no doubt
              > in my mind they exist (somehow!)
              >
              > I must revise my last statement though,.... (serves
              > me right,.. I'm always jumping in before I have the
              > facts,.. chalk it up to enthusiasm!!)
              >
              > This morning I saw on TV that the latest coal-mine
              > blast was caused by METHANE GAS,.. so Neptune in
              > this case might very well be part of it!! (my bad,
              > sorry!) I was thinking more along the lines of
              > cave-ins,.... duh,.. of course gas explosions would
              > be responsible for some of them!!

              And asphyxiation is also a factor in these mine
              disasters: the air runs out or there are poisonous
              gases like carbon monoxide present. In the recent coal
              mine disaster in Tallmansville, West Virginia in which
              only Randy McCloy got out alive, he and his co-workers
              were overcome by carbon monoxide deep inside the mine.

              > I decided to look at an event called the Frank
              > Slide,.. an event that brought a whole mountain down
              > and crushed a town. I went through there a few years
              > ago, and was astonished at the size of the boulders
              > and how far they'd rolled off the mountain,... the
              > event took place in 1903, but still looks like new
              > destruction around there.
              > Heres a timeline of the event,....
              > http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm
              > It took 100 seconds to destroy the town.
              >
              > Date is April 29, 1903, 4:10 am Frank, Alberta,
              > Canada.
              > MC has a Neptune-Pandora-Aries Pt/Nodes (among other
              > things caught the entire town by surprise,.. most
              > died because they were sleeping,...) and Asc has
              > Pluto/Apollon,.... can't think of a better PICTURE
              > of this event than "earth spreading out!!"
              > The interesting thing though is the event is
              > obviously The Uranus-Admetus pair, ( "sudden" and
              > explosive burial!!).... that show up in the same
              > place that Pluto Hades do now on the 90 dial.
              > Then,.... Ur 25.Sag17'42'' Now, Pluto 25 46 Sag,Had
              > 11.Pi 7'09''
              >
              > Then Adm 23 .Pi49'0 , now Hades at 24 Gem 49
              >
              > Soooo,.... seems like 25 Sag might be a bit of a hot
              > spot, huh?

              The Galactic Center is associated with creating
              things. Creating destruction perhaps, or changing the
              landscape.

              [snip]

              if anyone is ever around Calgary,
              > Alberta, the Frank Slide isn't that far and its an
              > awesome and creepy sight. Definitely has its own
              > "presence".

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Slide

              I just cast the chart for the Frank Slide.

              Mercury is aligned with Algol and Vesta with Baten
              Kaitos (Zeta Ceti; Robson mentions that this star is
              connected with falls and blows, as well as compulsory
              emigration--the town of Frank was evacuated). Also,
              Uranus is aligned with Aculeus (Messier 6 Scorpii) and
              Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
              survivors?)

              Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
              didn't think something like this could happen [?]).

              Ceres is aligned with the Outcast Star
              (J090745.0+24507 Hydrae, a star discovered in 2005
              which is leaving our galaxy). The houses destroyed in
              Frank according to the Wikipedia article were on the
              outskirts of town...

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006

                > --- Martina <merskine2@...> wrote:
                >
                > > TNPs and fixed starsHi Diana,.. I'm relieved you
                > > don't think I should worry about star-TNP hits- I
                > > wasn't sure whether it was because there was no
                > > belief in TNPs or what! For my part, theres no
                > doubt
                > > in my mind they exist (somehow!)
                > >
                > > I must revise my last statement though,....
                > (serves
                > > me right,.. I'm always jumping in before I have
                > the
                > > facts,.. chalk it up to enthusiasm!!)
                > >
                > > This morning I saw on TV that the latest coal-mine
                > > blast was caused by METHANE GAS,.. so Neptune in
                > > this case might very well be part of it!! (my bad,
                > > sorry!) I was thinking more along the lines of
                > > cave-ins,.... duh,.. of course gas explosions
                > would
                > > be responsible for some of them!!
                >
                > And asphyxiation is also a factor in these mine
                > disasters: the air runs out or there are poisonous
                > gases like carbon monoxide present. In the recent
                > coal
                > mine disaster in Tallmansville, West Virginia in
                > which
                > only Randy McCloy got out alive, he and his
                > co-workers
                > were overcome by carbon monoxide deep inside the
                > mine.
                >

                > > I decided to look at an event called the Frank
                > > Slide,.. an event that brought a whole mountain
                > down
                > > and crushed a town. I went through there a few
                > years
                > > ago, and was astonished at the size of the
                > boulders
                > > and how far they'd rolled off the mountain,... the
                > > event took place in 1903, but still looks like new
                > > destruction around there.
                > > Heres a timeline of the event,....
                > > http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm
                > > It took 100 seconds to destroy the town.
                > >
                > > Date is April 29, 1903, 4:10 am Frank, Alberta,
                > > Canada.
                > > MC has a Neptune-Pandora-Aries Pt/Nodes (among
                > other
                > > things caught the entire town by surprise,.. most
                > > died because they were sleeping,...) and Asc has
                > > Pluto/Apollon,.... can't think of a better PICTURE
                > > of this event than "earth spreading out!!"
                > > The interesting thing though is the event is
                > > obviously The Uranus-Admetus pair, ( "sudden" and
                > > explosive burial!!).... that show up in the same
                > > place that Pluto Hades do now on the 90 dial.
                > > Then,.... Ur 25.Sag17'42'' Now, Pluto 25 46
                > Sag,Had
                > > 11.Pi 7'09''
                > >
                > > Then Adm 23 .Pi49'0 , now Hades at 24 Gem 49
                > >
                > > Soooo,.... seems like 25 Sag might be a bit of a
                > hot
                > > spot, huh?
                >
                > The Galactic Center is associated with creating
                > things. Creating destruction perhaps, or changing
                > the
                > landscape.

                There are a number of other objects being aligned with
                in this chart that are also being aligned with at this
                time (or have been recently).

                Saturn aligned with Chi Cygni and Markarian 409;
                Chiron is aligned with them now. (Markarian 409,
                destruction; Chi Cygni, self-damage: in this case,
                building a town in a landslide-prone area). Chiron may
                mean circumstances are trying to tell us something or
                there are valuable lessons to be had (having to do
                with mine safety, building in areas prone to tectonic
                activity or hurricanes, the proper setting up and
                maintaining of flood control systems, or global
                warming).

                Uranus in the Frank Slide chart is aligned with the
                Box Nebula, the Garden-Sprinkler Nebula, the Hyman's
                Burper pulsar, the Mouse Pulsar, Thackeray's Planetary
                Nebula and the Silkworm Nebula. Pluto is or has been
                recently aligned with them now. (Box Nebula = box
                meaning coffin; Hyman's Burper = a disturbance on the
                earth; Mouse Pulsar = something little moving beneath
                something; Silkworm Nebula = knitting one's own
                shroud, the worm turning, devoured or destroyed from
                within; Thackeray's Planetary = doing what one has to
                do to live on the planet.)

                > [snip]
                >
                > if anyone is ever around Calgary,
                > > Alberta, the Frank Slide isn't that far and its an
                > > awesome and creepy sight. Definitely has its own
                > > "presence".
                >
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Slide
                >
                > I just cast the chart for the Frank Slide.
                >
                > Mercury is aligned with Algol and Vesta with Baten
                > Kaitos (Zeta Ceti; Robson mentions that this star is
                > connected with falls and blows, as well as
                > compulsory
                > emigration--the town of Frank was evacuated). Also,
                > Uranus is aligned with Aculeus (Messier 6 Scorpii)
                > and
                > Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
                > survivors?)
                >
                > Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
                > didn't think something like this could happen [?]).
                >
                > Ceres is aligned with the Outcast Star
                > (J090745.0+24507 Hydrae, a star discovered in 2005
                > which is leaving our galaxy). The houses destroyed
                > in
                > Frank according to the Wikipedia article were on the
                > outskirts of town...

                Pluto on Hoedus I and II ("The Kids," Zeta and Eta
                Aurigae): a nasty and unforeseen event, like cosmic
                mischief.

                Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
                people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Okay here is where I'm a weirdo because I did a rather long look at
                  the outer planets not long ago, and I found more connection to Uranus
                  with gases than with Neptune, Ether came into popularity for surgical
                  use with uranus, liquid drug use like Morphine and Laudnum (both
                  opiates) became popular with discovery of Neptune.

                  I know I"m in the minority on that one, but when I started doing a
                  timeline of what was happening during the years of discovery of each
                  very different things came to light than what is portrayed about
                  them. the only thing I find appropriately tied to Uranus is
                  Chaos,Everything else is suspect to me and with neptune I tie, drugs,
                  computer programming (Lady Ada wrote her programs at the same time
                  Neptune was discovered also neptune first one discovered
                  Mathematically, not by visual surprise, which ties it mroe to
                  programming I think) Music/arts and liquid, electricity(theory),
                  maxwell Equations, the era of Tesla and Edison Ends with the
                  discovery of Pluto. In fact Edisons last patent was applied for and
                  approved in 1930.

                  The first TV show and Plutonium tied to Pluto.

                  okay well just my 2 bits I guess. MissB

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
                    St helens was spitting some steam just the other day, she's certainly
                    an Active volcanoe, so I wouldnt want to live to close. MissB

                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

                    > TNPs and fixed starsHi Morgana,..
                    > I thought it was just me that got the willies from that place.
                    > Yes,.. theres a certain sense that there is some implacable spirit
                    > in that place (and a few others)
                    > Don't know about St Helen's, but I think anywhere thats a little
                    iffy and unstable these days,.. well, a bit of warning and I'd be out
                    like a shot! Just seems like too much earth/weather changes going on
                    these days,...
                    > Martina

                  • Derek Reveres
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
                      Uranus is the God of the Sky, so it shouldn't be too far of a stretch to
                      associate gases with Uranus, as the ancients would have seen gases as being
                      basically Aerial in nature

                      >From: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>
                      >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: TNPs and fixed stars
                      >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 05:28:35 -0000
                      >
                      >Okay here is where I'm a weirdo because I did a rather long look at
                      >the outer planets not long ago, and I found more connection to Uranus
                      >with gases than with Neptune, Ether came into popularity for surgical
                      >use with uranus, liquid drug use like Morphine and Laudnum (both
                      >opiates) became popular with discovery of Neptune.
                    • Martina
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                        Thanks for looking Mark.

                        > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
                        > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.

                        Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug their way out.
                        After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still alive, but it
                        died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
                        76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around there,..
                        only 12 bodies ever found.
                        There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17 miners.

                        "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a cracking sound
                        like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre high, 915
                        metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet) wedge of
                        the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres (2,300
                        feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg (one
                        hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto the town of
                        Frank. "

                        >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
                        >> survivors?)

                        I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just looks like
                        a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big as BIG
                        houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much grows,.... it
                        almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!

                        >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
                        >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).

                        Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners found the
                        place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it fell from
                        the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that dumb! The
                        local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain, they said it
                        was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-deception,..
                        "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig themselves
                        out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with poisonous
                        gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The various
                        stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion, etc seems
                        to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped there with
                        some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish perhaps?
                        Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well as "buried", "underneath",
                        "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if you look
                        at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune would be more
                        gassed to death,...

                        I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb, 2006, 11:15
                        am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think still
                        close enough to affect each other,... Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
                        mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad change of
                        fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
                        MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
                        The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there is
                        MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed. MC conj
                        Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water things,....Pll
                        Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd guess a BIG
                        water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with star stuff
                        through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize for the
                        scarcity of info!!

                        Martina
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                          wrote:

                          > Thanks for looking Mark.
                          >
                          > > Sun on the Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae): some
                          > > people dug or tunneled their way out of the rubble.
                          >
                          > Yes!,.. there were 17 miners trapped in the mountain that dug
                          their way out.
                          > After a month they actually found one of the mine horses still
                          alive, but it
                          > died shortly after because of an overdose of oats and brandy.
                          > 76 known dead , possibility of up to 50 more people camped around
                          there,..
                          > only 12 bodies ever found.
                          > There were only 23 people in the path that survived, plus the 17
                          miners.

                          > "100 seconds later, it was all over. Survivors described a
                          cracking sound
                          > like cannon fire echoing throughout the mountains. A 640 metre
                          high, 915
                          > metre wide, 152 metre thick (2,100 feet by 3,000 feet by 500 feet)
                          wedge of
                          > the eastern slope of Turtle Mountain gave way and slid 700 metres
                          (2,300
                          > feet) down the mountain side. An estimated 182,000,000,000,000 kg
                          (one
                          > hundred million tons) of limestone slid into the valley and onto
                          the town of
                          > Frank. "
                          >

                          > >> Pallas with Procyon (did they use dogs to look for
                          > >> survivors?)
                          >
                          > I'm not sure, maybe,... It was a shale mountain,..... so it just
                          looks like
                          > a fall of gravel on the mountain,.. and below it boulders as big
                          as BIG
                          > houses,.. its actually pretty stunning, and still nothing much
                          grows,.... it
                          > almost seems as if theres nowhere to look!
                          > >>
                          > >> Neptune is aligned with Propus (Eta Geminorum) (they
                          > >> didn't think something like this could happen [?]).
                          >
                          > Well, geez,... I don't see how they could help it. The miners
                          found the
                          > place easy to mine because "they just shoveled the gravel as it
                          fell from
                          > the ceiling". Duh!! Even in 1903 they couldn't have been that
                          dumb! The
                          > local Indians would never sleep in the shadow of the mountain,
                          they said it
                          > was evil and it "moved". Maybe just a real good case of self-
                          deception,..
                          > "can't happen to us!!" As well when the miners were trying to dig
                          themselves
                          > out, they were aware that some upper chambers were filling with
                          poisonous
                          > gas, and the shafts were filling with water below them,... The
                          various
                          > stories of the people that escaped because of "whims", confusion,
                          etc seems
                          > to verge on a sense of precognition, so perhaps Neptune helped
                          there with
                          > some survivors,... Would Propus be considered a little foolish
                          perhaps?

                          Maybe more like arrogant or presumptuous? (Robson says "violence,
                          pride, overconfidence, and shamelessness.") And Eric Morse says it
                          gives "the ability to express ideas in reasonable and acceptable
                          ways which win because of their manifest intelligence."

                          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Propus.html

                          So maybe they left Frank when there was no rational reason to leave
                          and made it sound like it made sense (especially in hindsight?)

                          > Oh,... Admetus means suffocation as well
                          as "buried", "underneath",
                          > "stopped",.. so "just for fun" keep an eye on where Admetus is if
                          you look
                          > at some more of these cave-in type charts,... I guess Neptune
                          would be more
                          > gassed to death,...
                          >
                          > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
                          2006, 11:15
                          > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23 Gem,.. so I think
                          still
                          > close enough to affect each other,...

                          Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are better than that
                          (a more accurate location).

                          Admetus at 22 Tau at this point (slow
                          > mover)- its with Icarus-Nemesis-Pandora- Fortuna, surprisingly bad
                          change of
                          > fortune I'm assuming,....with death and suffocation,.... Parallel
                          > MUFRED,...?? Don't know what that ones about.
                          > The trigger on this one seem to be the MC,.. so the lineup there
                          is
                          > MC-Neptune-Jupiter-Toro-Damocles-Posiedon-A all around 17 Fixed.
                          MC conj
                          > Sualocin which seems to be aligned with Neptune, water
                          things,....Pll
                          > Muliphien which seems to be about dogs (??) with a Nep-Jup I'd
                          guess a BIG
                          > water problem as the root of this one,.... Not real happy with
                          star stuff
                          > through my programs and severly lacking in meanings,.... apologize
                          for the
                          > scarcity of info!!

                          Anne Wright's site is very informative (it's in the Links section),
                          and then you can search the archives of this list. It's not huge and
                          cumbersome like Centaurs. Bernadette's fixed-star book is very good,
                          if you have it.

                          Someday, I think, I'll have more fixed-star meanings on my own site.
                          Right now I just have a limited selection of galactic points.

                          So many things to do and not enough time to do it all in...

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                            --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                            > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina"
                            > <merskine2@...>
                            > wrote:

                            > > I'm looking at a Mudslide chart for the
                            > Phillipines,... 17 Feb,
                            > 2006, 11:15
                            > > am, Leyte,......... Pluto at 26 Sag, Hades at 23
                            > Gem,.. so I think
                            > still
                            > > close enough to affect each other,...
                            >

                            > Give me a minute and I can get you angles that are
                            > better than that
                            > (a more accurate location).

                            Had to eat lunch and do some things after I got back
                            from the library. (They're in town and have DSL
                            Internet access. I have two options out here in the
                            country: dial-up, which is interruption-prone and
                            usually slow, sometimes to the point where it's almost
                            as good as having no connection at all; and broadband
                            through my satellite TV provider, which would cost me
                            about $100 a month after installation costs, plus I'd
                            be locked into a contract that entails a hefty
                            cancellation fee.)

                            Anyway, the mudslide you refer to occurred on February
                            17, 2006, at 11:15 a.m. AWST, in Guinsaugon, Leyte
                            province, Philippines (10N21/125E07).

                            There's several alignments in this chart having to do
                            with death and bereavement.

                            Algol is aligned with the Ascendant of this chart at
                            26 Taurus 50. Moon at 10 Libra 57 is aligned with
                            Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis), and Mars is aligned
                            with Alcyone (Eta Tauri, in the Pleiades). Also, Vesta
                            is aligned with Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris, known as
                            The Announcer): with these disasters, you may find
                            survivors, and you may not. The Midheaven at 18
                            Aquarius 24 is tightly conjunct Neptune, and both are
                            aligned with Sualocin (Alpha Delphini). Maybe that
                            indicates the tantalizing prospect of survivors (or
                            particular people surviving).

                            The Ascendant is also aligned with Alpha Caeli, in
                            Caelum the Sculptor's Tools (digging into the mud a
                            little bit at a time, making slow, painstaking and
                            frustrating progress).

                            Also, you have Venus aligned with Dheneb (Zeta
                            Aquilae), Pluto aligned with Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the
                            Butterfly Nebula) and Pallas aligned with Polis (Mu
                            Sagittarii), indicating the rescuers and their
                            efforts.

                            Moon is also aligned with Gienah Ghurab (Gamma Corvi,
                            in Corvus the Crow--scavenging or recovery). Mercury
                            aligned with Jih (Kappa Pegasi, in Pegasus' foreleg) =
                            "kicking the bucket," so to speak; giving up. The
                            rescuers eventually gave up. The whole town may be
                            given up on, not rebuilt or resettled.

                            Venus is also aligned with Lucida Octantis (Nu
                            Octantis, in Octans the Octans--probably indicating
                            the experts consulted in determining the cause of the
                            slide).

                            Ceres is aligned with Al Thalamain I (Iota Aquilae,
                            one of "the two ostriches") and Terebellum (Omega
                            Sagittarii). Juno is aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis,
                            linked to education) and Chiron with Bos (Rho
                            Capricorni, maybe = making something happen quick or
                            raising something to a higher level or upping the
                            ante).

                            That could mean this tragedy is an object lesson.

                            http://www.gadr.giees.uncc.edu/hzeventdetails.cfm?ID=58

                            "A large part of the mountain, Mount Guinsaugon, has
                            collapsed. Experts said the mudslide was probably
                            caused by two weeks of exceptionally heavy rainfall.
                            There had been a small earthquake in the area earlier
                            in the day, but seismologists said they did not
                            believe it was strong enough to cause the mudslide.

                            "Some people angrily blamed illegal logging for
                            destabilising the area. The local MP, Roger Mercado,
                            said it was the result of logging and mining 30 years
                            ago, but local residents had ignored warnings to
                            leave.
                            'They would not evacuate,' he said. 'This is the
                            effect of the logging before. Every time it rains,
                            there are flash floods.' Many of the village's
                            residents did leave the area last week, but most had
                            returned home after the rains eased.

                            "Rene Solidum, director of the Philippine Institute of
                            Volcanology and Seismology, said: 'The area could have
                            really been ready for a landslide because of the
                            rain.'"

                          • Martina
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                              Thanks Mark,... yeah you are right about having TIME!!!
                              Limited for me these days too. I''ll save your comments with the chart!
                              I'm going to have to work on my programs!
                              Martina