Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses

Expand Messages
  • skar mkhan
    Beth... Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through precession, not the Sun s ingress. ... Beth... Péter is asking about star ingresses
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
      Beth...
      Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through precession, not the Sun's ingress.


      2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@... >:

      for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
      Mind?  happy to take a look. =)

      >  Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
      > knows some materials on the subject ?


    • msbhavens1
      Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit, thanks, Beth ... precession,
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
        Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
        thanks, Beth

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > Beth...
        > Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through
        precession,
        > not the Sun's ingress.
        >
        >
        > 2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...>:
        > >
        > >
        > > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
        > > Mind? happy to take a look. =)
        > >
        > > > Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
        > > > knows some materials on the subject ?
        > >
        > >
        >
      • mahtezcatpoc
        ... I believe he s talking about stars moving from one sign to another by precession and maybe changing in influence when they do. Mark A. Holmes
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
          >
          > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
          > thanks, Beth

          I believe he's talking about stars moving from one sign to another by
          precession and maybe changing in influence when they do.

          Mark A. Holmes


          >
          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Beth...
          > > Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through
          > precession,
          > > not the Sun's ingress.
          > >
          > >
          > > 2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@>:
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
          > > > Mind? happy to take a look. =)
          > > >
          > > > > Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
          > > > > knows some materials on the subject ?
          > > >
          > > >
          > >
          >
        • Derek Reveres
          I don t know much about stars in general- I m here mostly to learn- but my understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign. I don t
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
            I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here mostly to learn- but my
            understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign.
            I don't think the definition of a star would change as it moves from one
            sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it would be the definition of
            the Tropical signs that might change a bit.


            >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
            >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
            >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
            >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
            >
            >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
            > > thanks, Beth
            >
            >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one sign to another by
            >precession and maybe changing in influence when they do.
          • Mark Andrew Holmes
            ... Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as they precess from one sign to another? Mark A. Holmes
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
              --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

              > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
              > mostly to learn- but my
              > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
              > dependent on the Sign.
              > I don't think the definition of a star would change
              > as it moves from one
              > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
              > would be the definition of
              > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.


              Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
              evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
              they precess from one sign to another?


              Mark A. Holmes

              >
              > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
              > >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
              > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
              > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
              > >
              > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
              > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
              > enlighten me a bit,
              > > > thanks, Beth
              > >
              > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
              > sign to another by
              > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
              > they do.
              >
              >
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Martina
              The definition of a star wouldn t change, but the way it acts might. So say a theres a death star ,.. the deaths might be by water in one place but by
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
                So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
                but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
                it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
                hits!)
                Martina
              • mahtezcatpoc
                ... might. ... one place ... by sign ... else ... Yes, that s what I was thinking about. Like in Algol s case, instead of neck injuries when the star is in
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                  might.
                  > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                  one place
                  > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
                  by sign
                  > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
                  else
                  > hits!)
                  > Martina

                  Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
                  of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
                  it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                  (losing one's arms or hands).

                  Mark A. Holmes
                • msbhavens1
                  well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air related deaths as opposed
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                    well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
                    always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
                    related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
                    precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
                    in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
                    decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
                    interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

                    hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
                    certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB


                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
                    <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                    > might.
                    > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                    > one place
                    > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
                    but
                    > by sign
                    > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
                    what
                    > else
                    > > hits!)
                    > > Martina
                    >
                    > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
                    instead
                    > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
                    once
                    > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                    > (losing one's arms or hands).
                    >
                    > Mark A. Holmes
                    >
                  • PeterKecskés
                    In my opinion It s like a great symphony with the stellar influences as higher beings command and with the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                      In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
                      stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
                      the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                      "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
                      gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
                      and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

                      --- Mark Andrew Holmes <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                      >
                      >
                      > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                      > > mostly to learn- but my
                      > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
                      > not
                      > > dependent on the Sign.
                      > > I don't think the definition of a star would
                      > change
                      > > as it moves from one
                      > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                      > > would be the definition of
                      > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
                      >
                      >
                      > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                      > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                      > they precess from one sign to another?
                      >
                      >
                      > Mark A. Holmes
                      >
                      > >
                      > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                      > > >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                      > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                      > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                      > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                      > > >
                      > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,
                      > "msbhavens1"
                      > > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                      > > > >
                      > > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
                      > > enlighten me a bit,
                      > > > > thanks, Beth
                      > > >
                      > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
                      > one
                      > > sign to another by
                      > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                      > > they do.
                      > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      >
                      >
                      > __________________________________________________
                      > Do You Yahoo!?
                      > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
                      > protection around
                      > http://mail.yahoo.com
                      >


                      __________________________________________________
                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • PeterKecskés
                      To make it clear, I m referring to the precessional ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ? All the best Péter Kecskés ...
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                        To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                        ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                        All the best Péter Kecskés

                        --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                        > Peter the Ingress charts need to be done in
                        > reference to a place,
                        > for instance if you were doing an Ingress chart for
                        > the US, you
                        > would do the chart for Sun at 0 degrees of Aries,
                        > Capricorn, Cancer
                        > or Libra (the cardinal points) for WAshington DC,
                        > that is your
                        > starting point. For the Person interested in Fixed
                        > stars you might
                        > want to look at what stars are rising on that day,
                        > etc. But if you
                        > are just getting into Ingress Charts, First find
                        > that 0 degree chart
                        > for the Place you are asking about, then lets chat.
                        >
                        > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE
                        > did you have in
                        > Mind? happy to take a look. =)
                        >
                        > Beth
                        >
                        >
                        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Peter
                        > "Kecskés"
                        > <terminusen@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Dear everyone !
                        > > Has anyone done some research on star ingresses
                        > or
                        > > knows some materials on the subject ?
                        > > I'm asking, because someone has written on this
                        > list
                        > > one or two of them and I'm just started my own
                        > > research, which seems to be an exhaustible one.
                        > It's
                        > > an inexhaustible subject for mundane astrologers!
                        > > All the Best, Peter Kecskés
                        > >
                        > > __________________________________________________
                        > > Do You Yahoo!?
                        > > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
                        > protection around
                        > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >


                        __________________________________________________
                        Do You Yahoo!?
                        Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Mark Andrew Holmes
                        ... E ... Henry VIII of England June 28, 1491 London http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England Algol doesn t seem to be active in Henry s chart, but
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                          E
                          >
                          > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                          > around, he was
                          > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                          > MissB

                          Henry VIII of England
                          June 28, 1491
                          London

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                          Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                          (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                          and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                          Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                          (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                          North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                          which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                          pretty well.

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          __________________________________________________
                          Do You Yahoo!?
                          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Astrocalypse
                          ... From: Mark Andrew Holmes ... I should look into Starlight more often :-). BB gives his birthtime as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                             
                            ----- Original Message -----
                            From: "Mark Andrew Holmes" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                             
                            > Henry VIII of England
                            > June
                            28, 1491
                            > London
                            >
                             
                             
                            I should look into Starlight more often :-).  BB gives his birthtime as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.
                             
                            Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>.   All it took was to add Scheat ;-).

                                Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -

                                Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -

                                Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                            *****

                          • mahtezcatpoc
                            ... as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich. 8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to Lois Rodden s *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313). And this date is
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                              <astrocalypse@...> wrote:
                              >
                              >
                              > ----- Original Message -----
                              > From: "Mark Andrew Holmes" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                              >
                              > > Henry VIII of England
                              > > June 28, 1491
                              > > London
                              > >
                              >
                              >
                              > I should look into Starlight more often :-). BB gives his birthtime
                              as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.

                              8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                              Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                              And this date is Old Style, BTW.




                              >
                              > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                              that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                              Scheat ;-).
                              >
                              > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                              >
                              > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                              >
                              > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -


                              And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                              had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                              http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html


                              Mark A. Holmes
                            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.