Re: Star Ingresses

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2 4:55 PM
      Peter the Ingress charts need to be done in reference to a place,
      for instance if you were doing an Ingress chart for the US, you
      would do the chart for Sun at 0 degrees of Aries, Capricorn, Cancer
      or Libra (the cardinal points) for WAshington DC, that is your
      starting point. For the Person interested in Fixed stars you might
      want to look at what stars are rising on that day, etc. But if you
      are just getting into Ingress Charts, First find that 0 degree chart
      for the Place you are asking about, then lets chat.

      for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
      Mind? happy to take a look. =)

      Beth

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Peter "Kecskés"

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2 4:56 PM
        also there are a couple articles on Skyscript on Ingress charts.

        <terminusen@...> wrote:

        > Dear everyone !
        > Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
        > knows some materials on the subject ?
        > I'm asking, because someone has written on this list
        > one or two of them and I'm just started my own
        > research, which seems to be an exhaustible one. It's
        > an inexhaustible subject for mundane astrologers!
        > All the Best, Peter Kecskés

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • skar mkhan
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2 7:26 PM
          Beth...
          Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through precession, not the Sun's ingress.

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2 10:29 PM
            Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
            thanks, Beth

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@...>

            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 3 12:25 AM

              > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
              > thanks, Beth

              I believe he's talking about stars moving from one sign to another by
              precession and maybe changing in influence when they do.

              Mark A. Holmes

              > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Beth...
              > > Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through
              > precession,
              > > not the Sun's ingress.
              > >

              > > 2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@>:
              > > >

              > > > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
              > > > Mind? happy to take a look. =)

            • Derek Reveres
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3 12:34 AM
                I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here mostly to learn- but my
                understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign.
                I don't think the definition of a star would change as it moves from one
                sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it would be the definition of
                the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3 10:24 AM
                  --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                  > mostly to learn- but my
                  > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
                  > dependent on the Sign.
                  > I don't think the definition of a star would change
                  > as it moves from one
                  > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                  > would be the definition of
                  > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

                  Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                  evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                  they precess from one sign to another?

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                  > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                  > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                  > >
                  > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
                  > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
                  > enlighten me a bit,
                  > > > thanks, Beth
                  > >
                  > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
                  > sign to another by
                  > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                  > they do.

                • Martina
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3 10:39 AM
                    The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
                    So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
                    but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
                    it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
                    hits!)
                    Martina
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 3 10:55 AM
                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

                      > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                      might.
                      > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                      one place
                      > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
                      by sign
                      > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
                      else
                      > hits!)
                      > Martina

                      Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
                      of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
                      it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                      (losing one's arms or hands).

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 3 11:55 AM
                        well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
                        always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
                        related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
                        precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
                        in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
                        decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
                        interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

                        hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
                        certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

                        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                        > might.
                        > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                        > one place
                        > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
                        but
                        > by sign
                        > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
                        what
                        > else
                        > > hits!)
                        > > Martina
                        >
                        > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
                        instead
                        > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
                        once
                        > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                        > (losing one's arms or hands).
                        >
                        > Mark A. Holmes

                      • PeterKecskés
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 3 3:24 PM
                          In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
                          stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
                          the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                          "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
                          gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
                          and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

                          > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                          > > mostly to learn- but my
                          > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
                          > not
                          > > dependent on the Sign.
                          > > I don't think the definition of a star would
                          > change
                          > > as it moves from one
                          > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                          > > would be the definition of
                          > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
                          >

                          > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                          > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                          > they precess from one sign to another?
                          >

                          > Mark A. Holmes
                          >

                          > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                          > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                          > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                          > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                          > > >
                          > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

                          > > enlighten me a bit,
                          > > >
                          > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
                          > one
                          > > sign to another by
                          > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                          > > they do.

                          > protection around
                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • PeterKecskés
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 3 3:45 PM
                            To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                            ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                            All the best Péter Kecskés

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 4 1:03 AM
                              --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                              > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                              > around, he was
                              > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                              > MissB

                              Henry VIII of England
                              June 28, 1491
                              London

                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                              Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                              (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                              and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                              Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                              (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                              North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                              which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                              pretty well.

                            • Astrocalypse
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 4 2:50 AM

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 4 2:04 PM
                                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                                  <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                  8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                                  Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                                  And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                                  > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                                  that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                                  Scheat ;-).

                                  > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                                  >
                                  > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                                  >
                                  > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                                  And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                                  had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                                  http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html