Re: Coal Miner Incidents

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
      well Saturn is about 18 months into its Leo transit, so maybe that?
      Neptune has been in Aquarius for quite a while, and Pluto has been
      hovering at the 20-24 sag area for a bit. though if its the Saturn
      transit it would have been similar in 1918, 1947, 1976 and now, so
      we should be able to see a fairly obvious pattern. Where as with
      Pluto and neptune it might be a bit more difficult to see?

      I think 1976 is about the time that the movie Coal Miners Daughter,
      came out, if I'm not mistaken?

      not certain about other incidents???

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
        took a look at Sagitarius and Aquarius and didn't see any stars that
        were openly mine related? some sag Draconis stars which I suppose
        could be argued as mine related (sulphur breath, fire, stoking the
        big green lizards hulk, whatever..) but nothing overtly mine related
        that I could see. MissB

        > well Saturn is about 18 months into its Leo transit, so maybe
        that?
        > Neptune has been in Aquarius for quite a while, and Pluto has been
        > hovering at the 20-24 sag area for a bit. though if its the Saturn
        > transit it would have been similar in 1918, 1947, 1976 and now, so
        > we should be able to see a fairly obvious pattern. Where as with
        > Pluto and neptune it might be a bit more difficult to see?
        >
        > I think 1976 is about the time that the movie Coal Miners
        Daughter,
        > came out, if I'm not mistaken?
        >
        > not certain about other incidents???

        > > Something involving Neptune or Pluto, perhaps?
        > >
        > > Mark A. Holmes
        > >
        > > --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Okay is it just me or have there been more coal mine
        > > > collapses in the
        > > > las 18 months or so than in the last 10 years or so?
        > > > IIRC there have
        > > > been 3 in Kentucky one in GA, one in Australia and
        > > > now one in Turkey
        > > > and IIRC, there was one in UK, wales or somesuch?
        > > >
        > > > Now I would think that if that is true, it would sow
        > > > up in fixed star
        > > > alignments? yes?
        > > >
        > > > something fairly long term?
        > > >
        > > > Beth

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Shawhouse
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
          Perhaps mine disasters have more to do with "the People" or "Workers."
          The Neptune/Uranus mutual reception might be reflected in the sudden
          loss due to failure to follow the rules - the stories always seem to
          include dereliction of the maintenance obligation on part of the owners.
          Diana Shaw

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
            I guess that could be a factor. The planets ruling
            mines, according to Rex Bills, are the Moon, Saturn,
            and Pluto. Jupiter and Pluto are in mutual reception,
            too, right now. I think I saw something somewhere
            about these coal mine accidents becoming more frequent
            now that energy prices have gone up. Not only are the
            energy corporations making money hand over fist, but
            we have this whole Jupiter-Pluto-Scorpio-Sag thing
            going on: obsession with, and support from others on
            account of, death, danger and suffering; and
            corporations and powerful people being corrupt (as
            well as bigotry and zealotry).

            I seem to remember hearing somewhere that you can
            allow a much larger than usual orb for conjunction
            (alignments) to the Galactic Center because it's a big
            object that extends over a fairly wide degree range.
            One writer even counted anything in the entire third
            decan of Sagittarius as "conjunct" the Galactic
            Center. I don't know if that's any good or not.

            Mark A. Holmes

          • Martina
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
              Maybe its been because Pluto and Hades have been in Opp for a while now,..
              Pluto as being underground, and Hades as being "terrible things",...
              Are there some dates and times? Might shed some light on it.
              Admetus is pretty slow and one of its meanings is buried, suffocated,...

              Yeah, I know not everyone uses Hades,.. but they've been in closer contact
              off and on for a few years now. Anyone noticing the Pluto transits are amped
              up lately,..and they never seem to act as "positive transformation" any
              more??
              Pluto and Hades as awful power struggles as well and the price of power
              (Pluto) putting us all in the poorhouse (Hades),... I think you hit it on
              the head with the price of energy going up, Mark,.. a lot of old and
              possibly more dangerous mines are opening up again because its suddenly
              feasible (ie, moneymaking) to work them again.

              If it were Neptune, I think there might be more instances of oil rig
              disasters, water disasters,...(granted, been lots of those too) 2nd reason I
              don't think its Neptune is because it was pretty much stuck in the same
              place for a long time, at 15 Aq,...but now its finally moving again,...

              Then again,... some of this might be just because of all the earth
              changes,.. volcanoes, tons of earthquakes,...I had Google Earth on my
              machine for a while,.. you could get an overlay of all the fault areas,..
              cripes,.. Earth looked like it could shatter with one well placed bomb.
              Maybe whats happening is that a lot of things are shifting faster than they
              are checking as well,...

              I've heard that one shouldn't use the TNPs with stars,.. however, if I put
              them in right,.... Hades is conj Al Hecka at the moment, and Pluto is Conj
              Kelb Alrai (lightning struck tower),.. Admetus conj Zaurak and Capulus (no
              idea) ,...no guarantees on my star placements! Al Hecka looks pretty
              grim,.....

              (and hi all,.. I've been so busy at work I've neglected this list, but
              things are easing off a bit now! Hope I have a bit of time to get back into
              it!!)

              Martina
            • PeterKecskés
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
                Dear everyone !
                Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
                knows some materials on the subject ?
                I'm asking, because someone has written on this list
                one or two of them and I'm just started my own
                research, which seems to be an exhaustible one. It's
                an inexhaustible subject for mundane astrologers!
                All the Best, Peter Kecskés

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Peter the Ingress charts need to be done in reference to a place,
                  for instance if you were doing an Ingress chart for the US, you
                  would do the chart for Sun at 0 degrees of Aries, Capricorn, Cancer
                  or Libra (the cardinal points) for WAshington DC, that is your
                  starting point. For the Person interested in Fixed stars you might
                  want to look at what stars are rising on that day, etc. But if you
                  are just getting into Ingress Charts, First find that 0 degree chart
                  for the Place you are asking about, then lets chat.

                  for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
                  Mind? happy to take a look. =)

                  Beth

                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Peter "Kecskés"

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
                    also there are a couple articles on Skyscript on Ingress charts.

                    <terminusen@...> wrote:

                    > Dear everyone !
                    > Has anyone done some research on star ingresses or
                    > knows some materials on the subject ?
                    > I'm asking, because someone has written on this list
                    > one or two of them and I'm just started my own
                    > research, which seems to be an exhaustible one. It's
                    > an inexhaustible subject for mundane astrologers!
                    > All the Best, Peter Kecskés

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • skar mkhan
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
                      Beth...
                      Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through precession, not the Sun's ingress.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 2, 2006
                        Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
                        thanks, Beth

                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@...>

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006

                          > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please enlighten me a bit,
                          > thanks, Beth

                          I believe he's talking about stars moving from one sign to another by
                          precession and maybe changing in influence when they do.

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "skar mkhan" <kergezerge@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Beth...
                          > > Péter is asking about star ingresses into Tropical signs through
                          > precession,
                          > > not the Sun's ingress.
                          > >

                          > > 2006/6/3, msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@>:
                          > > >

                          > > > for instance next Ingress 21 June 2006, what PLACE did you have in
                          > > > Mind? happy to take a look. =)

                        • Derek Reveres
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                            I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here mostly to learn- but my
                            understanding is that the influence of a star is not dependent on the Sign.
                            I don't think the definition of a star would change as it moves from one
                            sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it would be the definition of
                            the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                              --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

                              > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                              > mostly to learn- but my
                              > understanding is that the influence of a star is not
                              > dependent on the Sign.
                              > I don't think the definition of a star would change
                              > as it moves from one
                              > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                              > would be the definition of
                              > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.

                              Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                              evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                              they precess from one sign to another?

                              Mark A. Holmes

                              > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                              > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                              > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                              > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                              > >
                              > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
                              > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Well heck, I know nothing about that, please
                              > enlighten me a bit,
                              > > > thanks, Beth
                              > >
                              > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from one
                              > sign to another by
                              > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                              > they do.

                            • Martina
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                                The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts" might.
                                So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in one place
                                but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but by sign
                                it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what else
                                hits!)
                                Martina
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@...> wrote:

                                  > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                                  might.
                                  > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                                  one place
                                  > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self", but
                                  by sign
                                  > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with what
                                  else
                                  > hits!)
                                  > Martina

                                  Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case, instead
                                  of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head), once
                                  it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                                  (losing one's arms or hands).

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                                    well .....I dont think that would be quite right since Algol has
                                    always represented the dismembered head of medusa, perhaps more air
                                    related deaths as opposed to earth related deaths? and since it
                                    precesses about 2 degrees a century 1300 years ago it would have been
                                    in Aries, and it was still Algol and death by strangulation,
                                    decapitation, etc. then. though I would say that there were some
                                    interesting changes going on in the world in the 9th century CE

                                    hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was around, he was
                                    certainly not nice to the necks of his wives... MissB

                                    > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Martina" <merskine2@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > The "definition" of a star wouldn't change, but the way it "acts"
                                    > might.
                                    > > So say a theres a "death star",.. the deaths might be by water in
                                    > one place
                                    > > but by fire in another. Just like the Sun is always the "self",
                                    but
                                    > by sign
                                    > > it might be brave, sensitive, selfish,.... (and of course with
                                    what
                                    > else
                                    > > hits!)
                                    > > Martina
                                    >
                                    > Yes, that's what I was thinking about. Like in Algol's case,
                                    instead
                                    > of neck injuries when the star is in Taurus (losing one's head),
                                    once
                                    > it precesses into Gemini, injuries to the arms, hands and shoulders
                                    > (losing one's arms or hands).
                                    >
                                    > Mark A. Holmes

                                  • PeterKecskés
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                                      In my opinion It's like a great symphony with the
                                      stellar influences as "higher beings command" and with
                                      the tropical signs as the instruments and with more
                                      "down-to-earth" effects, and the combination of both
                                      gives one a very special, detailed view, All the best,
                                      and thanks for your replies, Peter Kecskés

                                      > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > I don't know much about stars in general- I'm here
                                      > > mostly to learn- but my
                                      > > understanding is that the influence of a star is
                                      > not
                                      > > dependent on the Sign.
                                      > > I don't think the definition of a star would
                                      > change
                                      > > as it moves from one
                                      > > sign to another. If anything, I would imagine it
                                      > > would be the definition of
                                      > > the Tropical signs that might change a bit.
                                      >

                                      > Diana, Bernadette, anybody--do any of you have
                                      > evidence that the influence of fixed stars change as
                                      > they precess from one sign to another?
                                      >

                                      > Mark A. Holmes
                                      >

                                      > > >From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
                                      > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                                      > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: Star Ingresses
                                      > > >Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:25:37 -0000
                                      > > >
                                      > > >--- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com,

                                      > > enlighten me a bit,
                                      > > >
                                      > > >I believe he's talking about stars moving from
                                      > one
                                      > > sign to another by
                                      > > >precession and maybe changing in influence when
                                      > > they do.

                                      > protection around
                                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    • PeterKecskés
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 3, 2006
                                        To make it clear, I'm referring to the precessional
                                        ingresses of stars into tropical signs ! Any ideas ?
                                        All the best Péter Kecskés

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                                          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                                          > hmmmmm where was Algol when henry the 8th was
                                          > around, he was
                                          > certainly not nice to the necks of his wives...
                                          > MissB

                                          Henry VIII of England
                                          June 28, 1491
                                          London

                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

                                          Algol doesn't seem to be active in Henry's chart, but
                                          (when using noon LMT to set up the chart) he has Venus
                                          and South Node aligned with Ain (Epsilon Tauri, aka
                                          Northern Bull's Eye); Pluto aligned with Khambalia
                                          (Lambda Virginis); Juno aligned with Procyon; and
                                          North Node aligned with Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), all of
                                          which, it seems to me, reflect his marriage history
                                          pretty well.

                                        • Astrocalypse
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006

                                            From: "Mark Andrew Holmes" <mahtezcatpoc@...>

                                            > Henry VIII of England
                                            > June
                                            28, 1491
                                            > London

                                            I should look into Starlight more often :-).  BB gives his birthtime as 8:48 am LMT, Greenwich.

                                            Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>.   All it took was to add Scheat ;-).

                                                Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -

                                                Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -

                                                Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                                            *****

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 4, 2006
                                              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                                              <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                              8:45 a.m. LAT (Local Apparent Time), from a birth record, according to
                                              Lois Rodden's *Astro-Data II.* (p. 313).

                                              And this date is Old Style, BTW.

                                              > Despite the fact that he had nothing in Scorpio, you can just see
                                              that he had the Heart of the Scorpion <g>. All it took was to add
                                              Scheat ;-).

                                              > Antares culminating as ¨ Venus is On Nadir orb 00 mins 25 secs -
                                              >
                                              > Antares on nadir as ¨ Venus is Culminating orb 01 mins 48 secs -
                                              >
                                              > Scheat setting as ¥ Sun is Culminating orb 01 mins 33 secs -

                                              And using a 1 00' orb, you can see that, on top of everything else, he
                                              had Prima Hyadum (Gamma Tauri) aligned with his Midheaven.

                                              http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PrimaHyadum.html