Re: Ras Alhaque and healing

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17 4:06 PM
      Thanks for posting this.

      After focussing on my NN on Algol, I got the idea to check out
      fixed star Ras Alhaque in my chart. It is conjoining my Asc.
      So the healing aspect of this fixed star, may counteract the Algol
      influence. Could be quite possible, as through rough and tumble of
      life and pure survival mechanisms, have picked up much wisdom about
      alternative health modalities.

      Ann Wright at http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/ says this

      "....Ras Alhaque on Rising: When Ophiuchus, encircled by the
      serpent's great coils, rises he renders the forms of snakes innocuous
      to those born under him. They will receive snakes into the folds of
      their flowing robes, and will exchange kisses with these poisonous
      monsters and suffer no harm (snake charmers). (Manilus)...."

      I must say that snake charmers do fascinate me, yet growing up in the
      bush in Australia was scarey with tiger snakes being rather
      aggressive, and having major freak out once with thinking one was
      chasing me, yes in real life...teared around to the front door of
      house to get saved by my father. Err! it was mostly in my imagination
      because the snake was actually back where it startled me.

      Heather

      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Outi" <scoppias@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > A strange thing happened to me just after I had written here to you
      > star people about Ras Alhaque in my chart. I know that there are
      > keywords in Solar Fire like "a desire to heal a wound" for it
      > (Bernadette).
      > The head of the Serpent Holder, the doctor and the healer of the
      heavens.

      > You know a fellow astrologer of mine send me an e-mail telling she
      had
      > been through a face surgery for basal cell cancer. There had been a
      > wound that wouldn't just heal. But now that is fixed allright. Next
      > week there is still appointment for an other operation in hospital,
      > lot had been happening to her during the last months. She has
      Mercury
      > and Mars in Pisces in close conjunction in the 4th house, and both
      are
      > paran to Ras Alhaque in Lower - star rise position. Transiting
      Neptune
      > is also conjunct her natal Venus in Aquarius.
      >
      > Definitely joining the list seems to activate my medical
      magnetism...

      > Ophi

    • wyf.of.bathe
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17 4:41 PM
        [After focussing on my NN on Algol, I got the idea to check out
        fixed star Ras Alhaque in my chart. It is conjoining my Asc.
        So the healing aspect of this fixed star, may counteract the Algol
        influence. ]

        ras alhague conjoined pluto which squared mercury 3/1/05.  then again on 3/4/05 the moon transited its position.
        interesting in this position i think, is the proximity to the galactic center (z).
        my natal venus is 26 sag and the experience of this position by transit has been profound in terms of information accompanied by *physical discomfort*.  the nature of the information if shared has come at what i perceived to be a cost, but quoting sedgwick.....
        "truth is truth and needs no justification".  okay :)

        looking at the transit on a world level, i think much needed healing is available but we (the people) must seek the truth of pluto's dark corridors within to understand without.

        fritzy

        http://hertale.blogspot.com/

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Outi Parhi
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22 4:38 AM
          Hi Heather.

          Good to hear of you snake charmer. To me this concept of snakes is somehow familiar from my childhood, when I spent many summers outside the town in a countryside cottage. There were a lot of viper snakes, that are common in Europe, as there were big swamps around. Those have been dried nowadays and grow wood instead. It was almost everyday I ran to a snake that was taking a sunbath on a stone or just crawling in the grass. I did a lot of picking of delicious wild northern berries. You know, I never was afraid of snakes, though they could be held poisonous. I could take one in my hands and look at it. Once one bit me in a swamp, but that was only a couple of red dots on my knee. My cat was good at catching them; she just watched them some time, following their moves and when the snake stopped to defend, she attacked and seized the neck very fast. My siamese cat was very good at it. Otherwise I kinda like snakes, there is some charm in them also.

          To me alternative health means mostly, that I don't want to go to a normal doctor easily, but try to meditate, concentrate well for what I'm doing (difficult sometimes), eat lightly drink a lot of waters and juices, and take vitamins,  nourishing omega oils in capsels etc. I try not to hurry too much. Sauna is important, as well as fresh cool air. Now and then somebody gives me a reiki-treatment or so.

          Outi

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • wyf.of.bathe
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 22 5:19 AM
            ["....Ras Alhaque on Rising: When Ophiuchus, encircled by the
            serpent's great coils, rises he renders the forms of snakes innocuous
            to those born under him. They will receive snakes into the folds of
            their flowing robes, and will exchange kisses with these poisonous
            monsters and suffer no harm (snake charmers). (Manilus)...."]

            i've ras alhague conjunct venus 5th and this also indicates birth of my daughter lily hart.  this past summer i was walking jack in the yard and caught bright yellow in my peripheral vision.  my mind immediately said "florence the box turtle's back" as this wood's turtle visits the open space on occasion.  i turned to walk jack over for a chat and when i got closer to the front yard's white pine, saw that florence wasn't florence but an eastern coral snake.  eastern corals are extremely poisonous and once the venom is flowing, cause quick death.  knowing that i was nonetheless mesmerized and stood motionless about 4 feet from her.  she raised her head and there was long and intense eye contact.  the energy from her was warm and appealing and i thought there was something we shared and were exchanging nonverbal knowing.  after a time of being so very still and locked into each other (jack being a boxer, also *uncharacteristically* being still), i turned and walked back to the house.  later that evening d.mck and i sat near the wood's edge as is our evening custom.  i related the story of the snake and pointed to the base of the yard's white pine.  he saw something white in the pinestraw and asked if there were honeysuckle starting near the pine.  i walked over and discovered empty snake egg casements! and went for the camera :)  the teeth marks were quite obvious and i was elated that the *thing* she and i had shared was motherhood. she had released 3 (that i discovered) lily hart's into the woods.

            [I must say that snake charmers do fascinate me, yet growing up in the
            bush in Australia was scarey with tiger snakes being rather
            aggressive, and having major freak out once with thinking one was
            chasing me, yes in real life...teared around to the front door of
            house to get saved by my father. Err! it was mostly in my imagination
            because the snake was actually back where it startled me.

            Heather]

            :)  the only childhood snake experience i remember was as a brownie hiking the blue ridge mtns., stopping for a rest atop a flat stone that turned out to be home of mom & baby rattlers.  nobody ventured out to meet me :)....but once again, a *mom* theme!

            fritzy

            http://hertale.blogspot.com/

          • Heather
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24 11:20 PM
              Outi,

              You make me laugh, a snake charmer! You are more of the snake charmer
              I think. How awful being bitten. Were you okay?

              In QLD there are Taipan snakes which have hyperdermic style teeth,
              like when they bite you the venom sinks in deep and close to the
              veins. So one doesn't have much time to survive a taipan bite.

              The first night I spent on our yacht in the harbour, like this was
              the start of 4 years spent living on the sea, I popped a baited up
              fishing line over the side, hoping to catch some dinner.
              I went to check it after dusk and there was something terribly heavy
              on the end. I mean dead heavy. So we tried to haul it in and horrors
              it was a huge green slimey eel like of thickness the size of ones
              arm, and it was all tangled up in my line. We had to cut the line and
              let it free at it was too dangerous to haul into the cockpit and
              unravel it from there.

              What an intro to life on the sea!
              Ras Alhaque conjunct the rising for sure!

              Heather

              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Outi Parhi <scoppias@y...>
              wrote:
> [...]
              been a
              > > wound that wouldn't just heal. But now that is fixed allright.
              Next
              > > week there is still appointment for an other operation in
              hospital,
              > > lot had been happening to her during the last months. She has
              > Mercury
              > > and Mars in Pisces in close conjunction in the 4th house, and
              both
              > are
              > > paran to Ras Alhaque in Lower - star rise position. Transiting
              > Neptune
              > > is also conjunct her natal Venus in Aquarius.
              > >
              > > Definitely joining the list seems to activate my medical
              > magnetism...
              > >
              > > Ophi

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
              > Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need?
              ·Click Here to meet a Girl
              > And Give Her Hope·Click Here to meet a Boy
              > And Change His Life Learn More

              Service.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25 7:49 AM
                I don't have Rasalhague conjunct anything, but I do
                have another star in Ophiuchus, Han (Zeta Ophiuchi),
                conjunct my Moon. I wouldn't mind having a snake as a
                pet. (I've kept tarantulas.) And I'm always running
                into snakes.

                Taipan and sea snakes aren't much of a problem here in
                Texas, but we do have a number of different kinds of
                poisonous snake, mostly various species of
                rattlesnake, and here in the woods at the eastern rim
                of the state, water moccasins and coral snakes as
                well. When I was living in El Paso, people sometimes
                found rattlesnakes in their yards, especially if they
                lived near vacant lots or the undeveloped desert at
                the edge of town. More than once walking in the desert
                I saw rattlesnakes winding through the underbrush,
                trying to get away from me as fast as they could.
                They're really not very aggressive, but children in
                that area are taught to watch where they sit down or
                where they put their hands when hiking in the
                mountains or in the desert, and to leave rattlesnakes
                alone when they see them or hear them (for those
                who've never encountered one, the "rattle" of a
                rattlesnake sounds a lot like the whine of an electric
                saw).

                I've yet to see a coral snake around here, though I
                think I can recognize one; there's this old
                summer-camp ditty that's supposed to help you do that:
                "Red touches yellow, kills a fellow; red touches
                black, you're all right, Jack." In other words, coral
                snakes have adjacent red and yellow stripes, and if
                the snake has adjacent red and *black* stripes, it's
                not a coral snake but a nonpoisonous species that
                looks similar to it. But water moccasins are pretty
                common near streams and lakes around here. They're an
                aquatic species. When my father was building his
                retirement house about a quarter of a mile from a
                creek, he shot half a dozen water moccasins in just a
                couple of months; about five more of these snakes were
                chopped up by the bushhog when the tall grass on the
                lot was mowed. I sometimes find them moving in the
                grass at my house. Unless they look like they're going
                to camp here, I leave them alone. They have their
                place in the ecosystem.

                I work at a place close to a small creek (what is
                known as a "branch" around here), and once, when I
                went to open a door when the place opened one morning,
                I found a small water moccasin coiled around the door
                handle; the supervisor killed it. I used to work at a
                recycling plant, and an army of mice and rats moved in
                soon after it opened, attracted by the garbage that
                came mixed in with the recyclables (people never
                separate them as thoroughly as they're supposed to),
                and soon after that various species of snake,
                poisonous and nonpoisonous, came in attracted by the
                rodentia. We killed the water moccasins (couldn't have
                them slithering around where we were working, or
                coiling themselves around the equipment and the
                fixtures), but we let the king snakes and other
                nonpoisonous snakes stick around as sort of natural
                rodent control. Driving a truck to pick up yard waste,
                I once brought a king snake into the city
                refuse-processing center along with a load of
                bagged-up pine needles, freaking my boss out until we
                managed to identify it as harmless. He told us to
                presume snakes we encountered poisonous just the same.
                This one made itself right at home; it had more rats
                and mice to eat than it could ever consume in a
                lifetime.

                Mark A. Holmes

                --- Heather <HeatherCam@...> wrote:

> [...]

                > of snakes
                > innocuous
                > > to those born under him. They will receive snakes
                > into the folds of
                > > their flowing robes, and will exchange kisses with
                > these poisonous
                > > monsters and suffer no harm (snake charmers).
                > (Manilus)...."
                > >
                > > I must say that snake charmers do fascinate me,
                > yet growing up in
                > the
                > > bush in Australia was scarey with tiger snakes
                > being rather
                > > aggressive, and having major freak out once with
                > thinking one was
                > > chasing me, yes in real life...teared around to
                > the front door of
                > > house to get saved by my father. Err! it was
                > mostly in my
                > imagination
                > > because the snake was actually back where it

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Outi Parhi
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25 9:12 AM
                  --- "Heather" <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:

                  > Outi,
                  > You make me laugh, a snake charmer! You are more of the snake
                  charmer I think. How awful being bitten. Were you okay?

                  No, actually I wasn't afraid. Those snakes were said to be a bit
                  dangerous to only very small children who should be taken to a
                  doctor within an hour or so. I wasn't that little, over ten years I
                  think. I didn't notice the biting at all, untill I came home (I had
                  been picking blueberries also If I recall right, and noticed that
                  biting at home, because the knee was a little swallen, and I got
                  headache or was dizzy for a short time.

                  Walking with tiny sandals or barefoot was usual those days. And the
                  woods and the land between swampy areas were full of all sorts of
                  small branches and heather, grass, smelly wild rosemary (it that's
                  the right name for Ledum palustre with white flowers, and of course
                  we were looking for ripe cloudberries, and arctic bramble besides
                  blueberries. That was an area with a lot of deer, some had seen
                  bears. You know, those areas were also near the so called "ufo
                  areas" here...yea.

                  > In QLD there are Taipan snakes which have hyperdermic style teeth,
                  > like when they bite you the venom sinks in deep and close to the
                  > veins. So one doesn't have much time to survive a taipan bite.

                  Well, we are lucky here not to have many poisonous snakes. I wonder
                  how I could manage in a jungle with lots of different snakes, I have
                  never felt any attraction to those places much. Exept for those
                  Tarzan movies with nice ponds of water and lions.

                  >> it was a huge green slimey eel like of thickness the size of ones
                  > arm, and it was all tangled up in my line. We had to cut the line
                  and let it free at it was too dangerous to haul into the cockpit and
                  unravel it from there. What an intro to life on the sea!
                  > Ras Alhaque conjunct the rising for sure!

                  Yak, sounds awful. I have newer made acquaintance with an eel like
                  that! The only things here I have been taking up from the river side
                  are riverlampreys. They taste good when grilled or pickled with a
                  small amount of vinegar.

                  I have lived all my life on a shore and I like seas and lakes. This
                  town is situated on a long river end. Usually everybody builds a
                  summer cottage on a lakeshore or riverside here. Lots of water
                  around. It must be exiting (maybe exhausting working there?) to
                  spend four years in the sea, as you have done. I would probably get
                  seasick in a stormy wather, as I did once when travelling to England
                  and back on a ship. Fellows poured me a big glass of whiskey and
                  said it would help - well it didn't, I had to throw it up.

                  Outi

                • Heather
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25 5:03 PM
                    Outi,

                    How interesting to hear you talk about your side of the world.
                    All the edible wild food sounds good. Although here in Australia
                    there is edible bush food, but one often need to acquire a taste for
                    it, and know what one is looking for.

                    Snakes well Australia is not really teaming with these. They are
                    quite shy at the best of times and if you respect their territory, as
                    Mark say, you are fairly safe around them. However there are are a
                    few poisonous one here. In comparison we have a lot more insects here
                    which in some places are literally in plague proportions and hard to
                    deal with.

                    The penny is starting to drop as to why a guy on another list was
                    emailing me about getting into Kundalini Yoga. Could it be Rasalhague
                    on my ascendant? :) (joke)

                    The Coral Sea, up around the Great Barrier Reef has its fair share of
                    sea snakes which are very venomous if they happen to latch onto your
                    finger or toe. One gets out of the water quickly if these are around.
                    I have never seen a guy spring out of the water and into a dingy so
                    fast as one of these snakes swam towards him.

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Outi" <scoppias@y...>

                    > > you
                    > are
                    > the
                    > > > heavens.

                    > > she
                    > > > had
                    > > been a
                    > > Next
                    > > hospital,
                    > > > Mercury
                    > > both
                    > > > are
                    Transiting
                    > > > Neptune

                    > > > magnetism...

                    > > > Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need?
                    > > ·Click Here to meet a Girl
                    > > > And Give Her Hope·Click Here to meet a Boy
                    > > > And Change His Life Learn More

                    > > Service.

                    > > > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
                  • Heather
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25 7:30 PM
                      Mark,

                      Ophiuchus means "he who holds the serpent". "The struggle will last
                      forever, since they wage it on equal terms with equal powers".
                      [Manilius].

                      So am thinking with this description and Pluto transiting Ophiuchus,
                      our powerpathic leaders are playing this out. Yesterday I happened to
                      chance on an article by Juan Cole about the Islamization of America.
                      It was about how the Bush admin. are matching the oppositon in their
                      own game, ofcourse with their own take, their own way.

                      I notice that Han is called the "Serpent-tamer".

                      Heather

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27 4:45 AM
                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Heather" <HeatherCam@s...> wrote:

                        > How interesting to hear you talk about your side of the world.
                        > All the edible wild food sounds good. Although here in Australia
                        > there is edible bush food, but one often need to acquire a taste for
                        it, and know what one is looking for.

                        Hi Heather,

                        here are many different berries from even thorny bushes like
                        "Hippophae rhamnoides". They use in natural health drinks to give
                        enough vitamisns for your diet. Today there was a writing in the local
                        paper about northern berries.

                        Here it goes:

                        In Kainuu, Finland they have got encouraging results in the first ripe
                        cloudberry (some dictionaries say arctic raspberries) greenhouse
                        cultivating experiment that aims towards berry production. In the
                        first experiments the level of crop was more than eight kilograms to a
                        hundred square meters.

                        It was only the crop of one lot. There are still improvements to be
                        made, and in the future, it is the question to make it profitable
                        also. During the year you can have six different crop of ripe
                        cloudberry, if the necessary space in the greenhouse is provided for
                        enabling the natural course of circulation. This greenhouse experiment
                        is just taking first steps, but outside in the summertime in swampy
                        places and fields the cultivation is already gone further. There are
                        about twenty ripe cloudberry growers in Kainuu, with a growing area
                        about three hectares of land. At its best they have picked about 3000
                        kilograms of berries per hectare. The biggest yellow berries have been
                        about the size of a 2-euro coin, and weighed over 6 grams. The
                        cultivation has got money from funds of different EU-projects since
                        the end of 1990's. They have brought new plants from Norway also. I
                        think it is "Rubus chamaemorus" that naturally grows here in Finland.
                        They educate people for this here in this area where I live, as well
                        for cultivating ripe cloudberries as for northern cranberries.

                        Well, they say that those places are not for any "lottery winnings"
                        though they can have big crops. It takes a lot of money to start the
                        cultivation. The ripe cloudberry is a pioneering plant that cannot
                        stand any rivalling plants around. Former peat moor is the best
                        foundation for a new ripe cloudberry plantation.

                        Outi