Re: Wajrik

  • Outi Parhi
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 17, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Outi Parhi <scoppias@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks Nicky! I will look into progressions also :-)

      I made a list for my schedule so I guess at least these could be good
      for a daily work to start:

      natal chart
      progressed chart for the day
      progressed solar return chart + normal solar return
      nearest lunar return chart
      transits

      Would there be some extra charts that would be valuable here?

      Studying eg. my Ras Alhaque (my place of living is the natal):

      Natal : Mercury in 20.50 Sagittarius, 2nd house cusp placidus (trine
      Pluto 21.08 Leo, sextile Neptune 21.37 Libra, ssx Ascendant in 21
      Scorpio, viQ, Venus in 2.50 Sagittarius). And trine Moon in 25.11 Aries.

      Progressed SA in Long, today: Asc in 21.46 Sagittarius, Moon rise -
      Star Upper Ras Alhaque, (prog. Moon-Ceres-Hygeia conjunction on natal
      IC 4 Aries)

      Solar Return, precessed: Mercury 22.51 Sagittarius, Pluto 22.52
      Sagittarius Venus 23.47 Sagittarius

      SR progressed today: Pluto 22.52 Sagittarius
      Mercury 23.06 Sagittarius, Venus in 24.02 Sagittarius paran Ras
      Alhaque in Upper - Star Upper position

      Lunar return: Pluto 24.28 Sagittarius / Moon 25.56 Aries precessed
      (25.11). If one can take in account parans to Pluto it would be
      paran Ras Alhaque in Upper- star upper position precessed.

      Todays transits show here in the North of Europe (Oulu, Fin) just now
      NNode of the moon paran Ras Alhaque in Upper - Star Set position and
      Sun paran Ras Alhaque in Set - Star Lower position.

      (Ras Alhaque can be used on all four points for charts between
      latitudes of 77 South and 77 North. South of that the Star never rises
      and North of that the Star never sets and therefore has permanent
      curtailed passage).

      Outi
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
        Wajrik

        Peter sent

         Re: New savage twist to violence in Baghdad
            Posted by: "PeterKecskés" terminusen@... terminusen
            Date: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:58 pm ((PST))

         Hi everyone !
         I'm doing a research and became interested in one of the stars of Sertentarius: Wajrik. Does anyone have any idea where the name comes from and/or what significance it has especially in mundane astrology.

        Any kind of info would help, even if it's not political astro /like what sort of role this star plays in nativities/, Thanks in advance Peter Kecskés

        ======================================
        Hi Peter,

        I am fascinated by Wajrik too!

        The only reference I have ever found to Wajrik is in Richard Hinckley Allen's 1899
        "Star Names, their Lore and Meanings" (Dover Reprint - very good, very
        reasonable)

        Under Eta Ophiuchi (Sabik) he wrote: "with Epsilon it was the Sogdian Wajrik, the Magician; the
        Khorasmian Markhashik, the Serpent-Bitten; and the Coptic Tahio, the Snake, and Aggia, the
        Magician, Eta being included in the last two"

        I looked up Sogdiana and Khorasmia - these were in the area of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan etc, east of the
        Caspian Sea;

        This is from my book:

        Under Ophiuchus/Serpens:

        An ancient Babylonian constellation tablet lists Nutsirda ("Prince-of-the-Serpent"), called in Semitic Namassû, "Reptile." Nutsirda (aka An-u-giê, "Lord-of-the-Underworld") was connected to the god Sagimu, possibly the Lord of Invocation (the ideographs of his name express "mouth" and "invoke"); this asterism presided over dead bodies and disease. The archaic lunar zodiac of "The Tablet of the 30 Stars" from the Birs-Nimroud, which goes back at least 5,000 years, lists asterism XXV Kakkab Mulu-Bat ][ Pa-gar, a-sig: "The Asterism Man-of-Death | the corpse, the fever." made up of Epsilon and Zeta Ophiuchi (Yed Posterior, Han); The next asterism, XXVI, is Kakkab Tsîr ][ Ilu Nin-ki-gal: "The Asterism of the Snake | The Goddess Queen-of-the-Great-Region" made up of Eta, Xi, Theta Ophiuchi (Sabik, Wajrik, Kashud); Ninkigal ("The Unwearied"), its regent-divinity, was also called Nin-lil, "Queen of the Ghost-World" and Nin-gê, "Queen of the Underworld" (i.e. Scheôl-Hadês). Ninkigal is an eastern counterpart of Persephone, the Greek goddess-mistress of Hell.

        Other mentions in my book:

                Long    Lat     Dec     RA      M       Spec
        Wei  Epsilon Scorpii  Scorpion’s upper tail     15SA20  -11 44  -34 18  16 50   2.29    K2 III
         Lunar Mansions: China: a star of Wi (or Wei), the Tail of the Dragon (our tail of the Scorpion: l, u, k, i,,
         q, h, z, m, e Scorpii,), called East Palace of the Imperial Prince (heir apparent), Celestial Court, Imperial
         Bedrooms (Wei was The Queen), also sometimes called The Nine Sons of the Emperor, Celestial Master
         of the Firmament, The Cutting of Trees, and “that which separates water from wood,” such as a dam or a
         boat. It governed succession and inheritances. India: the same stars were Mula, “The Root,” (symbol: a
         tied bunch of roots) ruled by Nirrti, Goddess of Destruction, personifying evil, corruption and decay
         (who,  according to Roebuck, “is worshipped mainly to ask her politely to keep away”); however, she is
         said to confer magical powers (which fits the traditions here of Ophiuchus and Wajrik, the Magician (see
         Sabik, 17 Sag), and to protect those physically or mentally disabled, if they are good and kind  Mula
         symbolizes non-violence, non-injury, and everything bound or rooted, tying-up, capturing, and “that
         which is one’s own”

                Long    Lat     Dec     RA      M       Spec
         Sabik Eta Ophiuchi  right knee/Serpent 17SA58  7 12    -15 44  17 10   2.43    A2 V
         (should be part of Serpens – there is a natural continuity of the line of stars); in Bokhara, Sogdiana (now
         Uzbekistan), with Xi and Theta, this was Wajrik, the Magician and Markhashik, Serpent-Bitten; to the
         Copts, it was Tshio, the Snake and Aggia, the Magician. In China, this star marked the eastern enclosure
         entrance of T'ien-Chi, the Celestial Autumn Market

        Saturn of itinerant holy man, healer and orgiast Grigori Rasputin (“sin so that you may be redeemed”) who attained great influence at the Russian court (a true shamanic archetype fitting Ophiuchus, Ara and Wajrik the Magician!) (assassinated),

        Pluto: in 2002, a Malaysian snake charmer died after being bitten by his annoyed cobra who didn't want to perform at a fair (this is the area of the ancient Sogdian (Uzbek) Wajrik, the Magician and Markhashik, Serpent-Bitten) (see Sabik, Eta Ophiuchi, next set).

        Stars in the next set were determinants of the ancient Bokharan mansion Wajrik, the Magician; its influence seems to start here: this was the Sun of 19th-century US Pres Martin Van Buren – called “The Magician”! - and this was the Sun of innovative 19th-century stage magician Jean-Eugene Robert-Houdin, “father of modern conjuring,”

        This was the Sun of stage magician (Wajrik!), theatre manager and early film experimenter Georges Meliès (inventor of stop and slow motion, dissolve, fade-out, superimposition, double exposure),

        I assigned the name Wajrik to Xi Ophiuchi (Theta and Eta had names, but Xi did not)

        Wajrik  Xi Ophiuchi  right leg/Serpent  20SA54  2 01    -21 07  17 21   4.39    F2 V
         In Bokhara, Sogdiana (Uzbekistan), η, ξ, and θ Ophiuchi were Wajrik, the Magician and Markhashik,
         Serpent-Bitten; to the Copts, it was Tshio, the Snake and Aggia, the Magician
        Kashud Theta Ophiuchi   in right foot   21SA24  - 1 51  -25 00  17 22   3.27    B2 IV
          part of Wajrik, the Magician – see Xi, above
        The Snake (Dark S Nebula) Oph, rt foot  21SA39  - 0 28  -23 38  17 24   -------         DN

        Saturn of Mohegan medicine woman Gladys Tantaquidgeon, preserver of tribal history and healing skills (lived to 105) (Wajrik!).

        Moon and Pluto of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ("The Magic Flute" - Wajrik!),

        And as for Wajrik, the Magician, Uranus was here at the formation of SAM – the Society of American Magicians, in 1902!

        I love it when I can "prove out" ancient star lore!

        By the way, Ophiuchus/Serpens (they belong together) is very definitely a shaman!

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
          The Magician notoriously difficult to decypher,
          Manipulation
          use with caution,

          <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

> [...]
          Prince (heir apparent), Celestial Court, Imperial
          > Bedrooms (Wei was The Queen), also sometimes called The Nine Sons
          of the Emperor, Celestial Master
          > of the Firmament, The Cutting of Trees, and “that which
          separates water from wood,” such as a dam or a
          > boat. It governed succession and inheritances. India: the same
          stars were Mula, “The Root,” (symbol: a
          > tied bunch of roots) ruled by Nirrti, Goddess of Destruction,
          personifying evil, corruption and decay
          > (who, according to Roebuck, “is worshipped mainly to ask her
          politely to keep away”); however, she is
          > said to confer magical powers (which fits the traditions here of
          Ophiuchus and Wajrik, the Magician (see
          > Sabik, 17 Sag), and to protect those physically or mentally
          disabled, if they are good and kind Mula
          > symbolizes non-violence, non-injury, and everything bound or
          own”

          > Long Lat Dec RA M Spec
          > Sabik Eta Ophiuchi right knee/Serpent 17SA58 7 12 -15
          44 17 10 2.43 A2 V
          > (should be part of Serpens â€" there is a natural continuity of
          the line of stars); in Bokhara, Sogdiana (now
          > Uzbekistan), with Xi and Theta, this was Wajrik, the Magician and
          Markhashik, Serpent-Bitten; to the
          > Copts, it was Tshio, the Snake and Aggia, the Magician. In China,
          this star marked the eastern enclosure
          > entrance of T'ien-Chi, the Celestial Autumn Market
          >
          > Saturn of itinerant holy man, healer and orgiast Grigori Rasputin
          (“sin so that you may be redeemed”) who attained great influence
          at the Russian court (a true shamanic archetype fitting Ophiuchus,
          Ara and Wajrik the Magician!) (assassinated),

          > Pluto: in 2002, a Malaysian snake charmer died after being bitten
          by his annoyed cobra who didn't want to perform at a fair (this is
          the area of the ancient Sogdian (Uzbek) Wajrik, the Magician and
          Markhashik, Serpent-Bitten) (see Sabik, Eta Ophiuchi, next set).

          > Stars in the next set were determinants of the ancient Bokharan
          mansion Wajrik, the Magician; its influence seems to start here:
          this was the Sun of 19th-century US Pres Martin Van Buren â€" called
          “The Magician”! - and this was the Sun of innovative 19th-
          century stage magician Jean-Eugene Robert-Houdin, “father of
          modern conjuring,”

          > This was the Sun of stage magician (Wajrik!), theatre manager and
          early film experimenter Georges Meliès (inventor of stop and slow
          motion, dissolve, fade-out, superimposition, double exposure),

          > I assigned the name Wajrik to Xi Ophiuchi (Theta and Eta had
          names, but Xi did not)

          > Wajrik Xi Ophiuchi right leg/Serpent 20SA54 2 01 -21
          07 17 21 4.39 F2 V
          > In Bokhara, Sogdiana (Uzbekistan), η, ξ, and θ Ophiuchi were
          Wajrik, the Magician and Markhashik,
          > Serpent-Bitten; to the Copts, it was Tshio, the Snake and Aggia,
          the Magician
          > Kashud Theta Ophiuchi in right foot 21SA24 - 1 51 -25 00 17 22
          3.27 B2 IV
          > part of Wajrik, the Magician â€" see Xi, above
          > The Snake (Dark S Nebula) Oph, rt foot 21SA39 - 0 28 -23
          38 17 24 ------- DN

          > Saturn of Mohegan medicine woman Gladys Tantaquidgeon, preserver
          of tribal history and healing skills (lived to 105) (Wajrik!).

          > Moon and Pluto of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
          ("The Magic Flute" - Wajrik!),

          > And as for Wajrik, the Magician, Uranus was here at the formation
          of SAM â€" the Society of American Magicians, in 1902!

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
            Thank you, Diana.

            Mark A. Holmes

            --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > In Bokhara, Sogdiana (Uzbekistan), η, ξ, and θ
            > Ophiuchi were Wajrik, the Magician and Markhashik,
            > Serpent-Bitten; to the Copts, it was Tshio, the
            > Snake and Aggia, the Magician
            > Kashud Theta Ophiuchi in right foot 21SA24 - 1 51
            > -25 00 17 22 3.27 B2 IV
            > part of Wajrik, the Magician – see Xi, above
            > The Snake (Dark S Nebula) Oph, rt foot 21SA39 - 0 28
            > -23 38 17 24 ------- DN
            >
            > Saturn of Mohegan medicine woman Gladys
            > Tantaquidgeon, preserver of tribal history and
            > healing skills (lived to 105) (Wajrik!).
            >
            > Moon and Pluto of 18th-century composer Wolfgang
            > Amadeus Mozart ("The Magic Flute" - Wajrik!),
            >
            > And as for Wajrik, the Magician, Uranus was here at
            > the formation of SAM – the Society of American
            > Magicians, in 1902!
            >
            > I love it when I can "prove out" ancient star lore!
            >
            > By the way, Ophiuchus/Serpens (they belong together)

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • PeterKecskés
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
              Dear Diana !
              I really love you, let's see what I can come up later
              on with my research, Yours, Peter

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
                Wajrik

                MissB sent a mysterious message:

                Re: Wajrik
                    Posted by: "msbhavens1" msbhavens1@... msbhavens1
                    Date: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:15 pm ((PST))

                The Magician notoriously difficult to decypher, Manipulation use with caution, MissB
                ==========
                Care to expound on this, MissB - ??

                ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

                By the way, apologies for the strange symbols that came up on the
                Wajrik entries -
                apparently the goblins who transfer the messages don't care to deal
                with Greek letters, accent marks, or even plain old quotation marks!

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
                  The sorcerer, Magician, person uses manipulation, dexterity of mind
                  body and voice to conjure, in the best form a beneficial
                  politician,or entertainer, possibly a diplomat (Tallyrand, Ben
                  Franklin, thomas Jefferson, Henry Kissenger) in the worst form a
                  thief, evil politician (HItler used his way with voice and language
                  to talk people into all manner of evil things after all "who
                  remembers the armenians.") the pick pocket, the swindler.

                  A Magician is nto good or evil in him or herself, but in the
                  application thereof, and is generally quite bright and not easily
                  used, ergo, if you go to a magician for smoe help, you have little
                  control over whether or not they are a beneficial person to you,
                  they use their own minds and ethics to decide what they want to do
                  or not do. Loki, the trickster is a good image to keep in mind when
                  thinking of the Magician, or t'Kay or Tail Kinker or Pan, or Puck,
                  etc...