Star aspects

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2006
      Star aspects

      Derek sent:

          From: "Derek Reveres" l_awake_l@...
          Date: Fri May 19, 2006 4:28pm(PDT)
      Subject: Re: Sat aspects, was Algol

      I have a question here.  It was either on this list or polastrol that
      someone mentioned an opposition to a star.  My understanding was that the
      only aspect ever considered with stars was the conjunction (or alignment).
      Otherwise, any given planet would be aspecting at least 12 stars (more
      depending on what types of minors you use) at any given time, which would
      make for too much information to interpret clearly.
      So, can we consider any aspects besides the cnj/align?  I have Uranus at 25
      Scorpio so I could say it is opposite Algol.  But eve then, dealing with 2
      stars sets along with 3 zodiacs starts to make everything feel too weighted
      for a clear interpretation.

      For all the good reasons you give, and more, I don't usually use aspects to stars; there are
      occasional exceptions, for stars like Regulus and Spica which are at the ecliptic for instance,
      but generally it's best not to.

      Algol is a real puzzle, because it's way off the ecliptic, yet aspects to its DEGREE often seem to work.

      Gotta ask God when I get there!  Making assumptions here... : - )

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/