Re: Fixed star alignments (May 7, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2006

      > > As of noon CDT. (That's five hours back from GMT.)
      > >
      > > Asterisks indicate alignments that didn't exist (with a 1 00' orb) a
      > > week ago [May 7]

      > > Saturn
      > >
      > > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the rump of the Unicorn or the
      > > obsolete constellation Officina Typographica, the Printing Office)
      > >
      > > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
      > >
      > > *Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)
      >
      > up on the poop deck, staring out to sea (keeping a lookout?)
      >

      > > *BP Lyncis (cataclysmic variable)

      I've got right ascension 9h03m08.9s, declination +41°17'48" for this
      one, putting it (I think) on the back of the Lynx's neck.

      On the old Sixties comedy show "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," they
      sometimes used the phrase "you bet your sweet bippy," "bippy" being a
      neologism the hosts sometimes used as a gag ("What's a bippy?"
      "*That's* a bippy." Something like that.) As I recall, there was also
      once a brand of powdered cleanser called Bippy.

      > > Vesta

      > > *Luyten's Star (GJ 273 Monocerotis, a nearby star)
      >
      > I'm going to try and find out where in Monoceros this is in a little
      > while; that might yield some clues as to this star's influence.

      Right ascension 7h27m24.5s, declination +05°13'32".

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luyten's_star

      This is not in Monoceros. This is in Canis Minor, just south of Eta
      Canis Minoris (I think around the Little Dog's ears.)

      I'm going to try and interpret this stuff in terms of last week's
      current events later.